Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? (19313 Views)

ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Universities Voted / How Can You Miss Class? – Students React To Female Teacher With Big Hips / ASUU Strike: How Effective Is It In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Tunadexy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Noise, perhaps of joy filled the air in one of the hostels in the the University of Ibadan after ASUU announced the commencement of the strike on Sunday.
Some of the students even brought out drums and musical instruments celebrating and dancing on the field. Some established the root of their happiness on the fact that the strike would enable them prepare more the the upcoming examination while some said they would be able to go home and see their family members they left long ago.
However, confusion entangled the heart of some students who lamented that they wanted the session to finish that year.

The school began to be scanty after few days that the strike started. What baffles me up till now, is of a guy that left for his house the following morning the strike was announced.
��

Let's know students' reactions to the strike in your school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by CornelG(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hmmm mine we were already on break just remaining one week for us to resume but with the announcement of the strike, almost everybody was mad at ASUU as a result of been tired of staying at home already. #PlsASUUcalledOffTheStrike

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Tunadexy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
CornelG:
Hmmm mine we were already on break just remaining one for us to resume but with the announcement of the strike, almost everybody was mad at ASUU as a result of being tired of staying at home already. #PlsASUUcalledOffTheStrike

Which school?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by maleekfrenzy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
spent almost two months at home already..
hearing the news came as a very bad news. We are tired of staying at home already. ASUU should just call off the goddamn strike. Better still our school should just pull out. I repUNIOSUN

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by basmur(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
Unilorin had just started 2018/ 2019 academics sessions...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by basmur(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
Unilorin has started 2018/ 2019 academic session

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by basmur(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
Unilorin had just started its 2018/ 2019 academic session
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by EbukaHades10(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
As i hear am,i happy o. Na to work so that when they call am off,and we resume(we dey on holiday),my moi-moi go hot.

23 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by mayDtolu(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
lol... Actually...I was very sad when I heard the news because We are about to start exams but I believe It's an opportunity for us to prepare well...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by CornelG(m): 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tunadexy:

Which school?
Kaduna State University

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Twizzy30(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
I will be honest with you, i don't want them to call if off anytime soon cos i need to hustle for my tuition fee and hostel fee.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by AfroMighty(m): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
it's better if thunder strike than ASUU to strike....

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by 2law(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
Twizzy30:
I will be honest with you, i don't want them to call if off anytime soon cos i need to hustle for my tuition fee and hostel fee.
lol no be lie oo. Correct gee
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Twizzy30(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
2law:
lol no be lie oo. Correct gee
lol you can relate as well. btw i wanted to chat u on WhatsApp concerning total scholarship pq, but it seems you don't use WhatsApp
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Tunadexy(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
Twizzy30:
lol you can relate as well. btw i wanted to chat u on WhatsApp concerning total scholarship pq, but it seems you don't use WhatsApp
Have you been shortlisted?
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by 2law(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
Twizzy30:
lol yes boss. But will be bk on whatsapp by new year. Hope u jacking softly? U on fb?
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Twizzy30(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
2law:
lol yes boss. But will be bk on whatsapp by new year. Hope u jacking softly? U on fb?
okay
yeah on fb. i sent u a pm already
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Actuarial: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tunadexy:
Noise, perhaps of joy filled the air in one of the hostels in the the University of Ibadan after ASUU announced the commencement of the strike on Sunday.
Some of the students even brought out drums and musical instruments celebrating and dancing on the field. Some established the root of their happiness on the fact that the strike would enable them prepare more the the upcoming examination while some said they would be able to go home and see their family members they left long ago.
However, confusion entangled the heart of some students who lamented that they wanted the session to finish that year.

The school began to be scanty after few days that the strike started. What baffles me up till now, is of a guy that left for his house the following morning the strike was announced.
��

One of the halls you say?
Every hall in UI including the female halls rejoiced at the news of the strike.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Tunadexy(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
Actuarial:

One of the halls you say?
Every hall in UI including the female halls rejoiced at the news of the strike.

It all started in Indy

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by visijo(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
Same thing here
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Teddiie(f): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tunadexy:

��

The noise of the dance and shouts woke me up.They were highly excited..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Ghozky(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2018
My school is not on strike
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by CornelG(m): 5:08am On Nov 13, 2018
Ghozky:
My school is not on strike
wow which school is that please
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Olamsoh: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2018
I am a very shy person and a very private person. My boyfriend introduced me to this page and we are both addicted but he made me make him a promise never to bring out matter here for any reason, but I am about to break that promise because I need help.

I have dated him for 6 years, 3 abortion and borrowed him 7 million naira all he has not accounted for. The last job I got for him with my dads contact I don’t know the drama that happened between him and a staff and he got fired, I had to give him money to start a business. He has engaged me already but I am getting uncomfortable. What got me worried was last night when I told him I was pregnant again and he asked me to abort it, I was so upset and he said that if he takes me to his parents with Pregnancy they will see me as a slut. I refused bluntly this time and he insisted by saying if I keep the baby he will dump me and marry another person and he swore on his life.

Pmm leaving him is not the issue, the issue, how do I get my money back. Over 7 million naira. I don’t have a salary, we do joint account and I can’t even brag of 50k of my own. I know he will read this message, so I want people to judge this matter. As for the baby I will keep it, but am scared of being a single mum.
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by donald75498: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2018
ehhn strike ke. We dont like it in
Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by sunnysnow: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
grin

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Bossontop(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
Some especially d wans wen don write exams finish

[img]https://media./images/0264f97b4d1af943ef9cd53f6a926ea8/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Sultty(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
Which way naija the old ones suppose to be resting and give the youths chance to rule d affairs of d nation. But what we have here is wasted potentials celebrating our mediocre lifestyles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by chinavs9ja(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2018
@ op, how did you want them to react? They are happy now!

I am a web designer and a blog writer...check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2018
CornelG:
Hmmm mine we were already on break just remaining one week for us to resume but with the announcement of the strike, almost everybody was mad at ASUU as a result of been tired of staying at home already. #PlsASUUcalledOffTheStrike
What is the name of the school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Shot Dead In Kaduna As Students Protest Tuition Hike / University Of Ibadan Produces 26 First Class Graduates At The Law School / Possibility Of Running Two Masters Degree At The Same Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.