Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822813 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nono16(f): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Frances86:
Am so happy 4 u. Congrats. Pls how can one enrol 4 Canada session? Pls kindly respond...

Thanks @ Frances86.

To enrol for the Canada pre arrival services, you need to be post AOR.

Check the planningforcanada website. you will see a tab to apply . Fill in your details and They will reply you and ask you to select a date .

Also, from the planningforcanada website: you need to show a proof of eligibility.

Proof of eligibility could be any of the following:

an IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services, or
a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter/document, or
a passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance, or
an IRCC request that an applicant for permanent residence complete medicals, or
a Single Entry Permanent Resident Visa, or
a Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter.

I used my AOR UCI to apply, I didn't have the other docs at the time.

Or

Send a mail to wekun@iom.int with your UCI number, and ask questions.

11 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Cool.
raphrulz:
Hey guys...

This is for people asking about how to upgrade their scores.

Please, find attached a helpful picture.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by patakioy(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Congratulations. I have passed ielts and ECA is due by 20th of Feb. Please when must POF be in my account and for how long. I am going to be using Gift deed from my sister for 100% POF. Can i enter the pool without POF in my account?

Aygal:

My fam,

COPR received today. All glory to God, who causes us to prosper.

I will be open to help anyone with questions that I can answer, but remember no 2 applications are exactly alike. Use your discretion to act, and always read up page 1.
@Nono: congratulations to you.pls,I av Bsc in public Administration and I currently work in one of the state's government ministries . My question is: what will my NOC code be? And my spouse ND (business Administration), HND(Marketing)what will also be her NOC code thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
Wow this is great news.

I am very excited for you. It has finally ended in praise.

To think that most women are the ones that follow through ehn!! Wives dey try ooo..

Kudos to you madam.

I will rate this PPR script 8/10. The script was reasonably covered.

This also should encourage many of us waiting out there.... It does not really matter what you see... background chec (criminality and security) can be completed in a very short time.

Good luck Madam.

Go and prosper.

lowla1:
Good morning ppl!!!!

LONG POST ALERT!!

PPPPP PPPPPPP AAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!! ������

31st January ppr (dated 30th)

Thank you nairaland for the wealth of information here
@New.mum!!!!! You didn't know me but I sent you a mail and you responded and helped me....... God bless you tremendously

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
2 or more deg

heiphe:
Good morning house, URGENT PLEASE!
please i need clarification, for those that has done their ECA with WES, pls what is the equivalent of OND and HND ?
please see attached picture, i just applied for wes ECA, i wana make a quick calculation of my possible score pls..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Like your real name is Oliver Twist.

zohan101:
wow! smileybut if i may ask, does the visa permits one to work in America? ?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
lowla1:
Forgot to add that my sister and family got their ppr too January 7th 2019

Congratulations!!! Y'all should just book a private jet and leave together grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sparks026(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Olorunwasimi:
Thank you so much. I’m at the verification stage and like you said it’s taking so long. Different excuses; “no light in school, laptop isn’t working, pay me some money to make it faster”.

I guess I’ll keep pushing. Thank you again.

You are welcome.

Most likely they ain't checking it even. Because like I said, I think the language barrier is the issue. Where do you reside? If you are in Lagos, I will advise you travel down to Cotonou even if it's the full day just to follow it up and see that they responded back to WES.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by galibat(f): 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
It will happen ......By His grace. ......my ita on the way too

lobell:
ITA down...PPR to go.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bepop: 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
Congrats. Please how long did your COPR take from PPR?
Aygal:

My fam,

COPR received today. All glory to God, who causes us to prosper.

I will be open to help anyone with questions that I can answer, but remember no 2 applications are exactly alike. Use your discretion to act, and always read up page 1.
@Nono: congratulations to you.pls,I av Bsc in public Administration and I currently work in one of the state's government ministries . My question is: what will my NOC code be? And my spouse ND (business Administration), HND(Marketing)what will also be her NOC code thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
I need help. 3rd IELTS exam, Listening is 7.5

1st 7
2nd 7.5
3rd 7.5

All through BC.

I am not tired, I am just scared. What if I write again and it's 7.5

Useful suggestions are welcome. I tried to identify my gaps after my second attempt. It was in section 3 & 4. I worked on it, but I made two silly mistakes during the exams. I mixed up the numbers and stopped answering questions before the end of the exam. I still cannot explain how that happened.

I have written several exams and I have not repeated any, but IELTS has been a pain.

I have asked my husband to write the exam. If he aces it, he would be the principal applicant. I have done the CRS calculation, it will hover around 442 to 450, depending on his scores. It will take him a month to study for it.

What else do you think I should do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
Adunnee:

1st 7
2nd 7.5
3rd 7.5

All through BC.

Useful suggestions are welcome. I tried to identify my gaps after my second attempt. It was in section 3 & 4. I worked on it, but I made two silly mistakes during the exams. I mixed up the numbers and stopped answering questions before the end of the exam. I still cannot explain how that happened.

I have written several exams and I have not repeated any, but IELTS has been a pain.

I have asked my husband to write the exam. If he aces it, he would be the principal applicant. I have done the CRS calculation, it will hover around 442 to 450, depending on his scores. It will take him a month to study for it.

Sorry about that, but do not relent. keep practicing. also give yourself a break from writing the test and devout more to practicing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bepop: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Sorry dear. How have you been practicing? Try Cambridge 7-14 youtube vidoes. One trick is this, if you don't do well in a particular recording, go back to the exact recording that you missed and listen over to it. Dont be in a hurry to move to the next test. Try and concentrate on how you missed some questions. You will see improvement.

Secondly, go to ielts mini and focus on section 3 and 4 independently and make sure you are scoring at least 9/10.

Thirdly, here is a clue for mcq - treat is like T/F/NG. Let me know if you need more help. I wrote ielts 5 times so be encouraged. Your next will be the last. i had 9 in my last listening.

Adunnee:

1st 7
2nd 7.5
3rd 7.5

All through BC.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by centoqoh(m): 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone, help needed here Pls. 

I have been reading this thread and the one for Australia since December 2018. I found out that most of d success stories come from graduates and professionals.

My question:

[/b]What is the best way out for non-graduates and graduates that are not gainfully employed as professionals?[b]

I am a graduate of Mass Communication but work as a Driver. That's what I could settle for since no better employment. I also do graphic designs.

Pls I need any advice/counsel that'll be of help.

[/b]Whatsapp +234-08184723093[b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
chicyclass:
Hahaha grin
We shall rejoice last last.
Amen... By God's grace, it will certainly end in rejoicing!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
Majesticniyi:
Its Pee Pee Arr
ITA June 27th, 2018 AOR Sept 04, 2018 Biometric Oct 2, 2018 Ghost update Jan 30, 2019 PPR Jan 30, 2019

Coming back with a story that will make The Professor jealous
congrats... all the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
galibat:

It will happen ......By His grace. ......my ita on the way too

Amen!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Glebb: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
TEECANN:

Bro, by that short procedure that you described above, as an inland applicant, you have officially landed in Canada.

Unfortunately, I doubt it whether you got the "welcome to Canada" greetings that international applicants get when landing at the international port of entries. grin ([s]I'm sure you'll say- who cares- as long as you have gotten your PR status![/s] grin)

(Honestly, sometimes I think we- Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) category(majorly outland applicants) don't appreciate enough the weight of the benefits of the PR status that we clinch right from our home countries and land with in Canada, all within 1 year of applying (myself inclusive)....To clinch that same PR status, it will cost the Canadian Experience Category applicant (CEC- that's the category for those that schooled in Canada and eventually stayed back to work on work permit or other temporary work permit holders already working and living in Canada but not permanent residents) about 1 to 4 years of schooling (depending on what level of study), 1 year of post-graduation work experience and thereafter putting in his permanent residency application....effectively making it a minimum of 2 years to about 5 years of braving the Canadian winters before he can claim to be a permanent resident of the country he's been living in the last 2 to 5 years) grin grin

Congratulations once again on your PR.

It will end in praise IJN!

Thanks a lot. Well, they do give some of us (inland applicants) the "welcome to Canada" greeting and you're right, sometimes outland applicants do not fully appreciate the fact that they can get the PR status from home but I understand though. Imagine a scenario where someone get theirs in 30days, I'd want mine to come faster too. In all, we should be grateful for the opportunity, it is a privilege, not a right.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
pweetygeek:
I'm on 438 but tie breaking rule no gree me ITA �

It's coming. Receive it! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dotman4goo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
Am planning to do my evaluation with WES and am confused weather I need to declare my BSc since I have already completed my MSc, the reason is because I watched a video online that states that MSc holders should declare BSc certificate and I read somewhere else that you only declare your highest certificate. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Good day house,

I need your help again.
As a dependant (spouse), I am finding it difficult to attach appropriate NOC to my current role. REVENUE ASSURANCE ANALYST in the banking sector. Anybody with an idea how to get the accurate NOC, pls help.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dotman4goo(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations!!!!!!
Am planning to do my evaluation with WES and am confused weather I need to declare my BSc since I have already completed my MSc, the reason is because I watched a video online that states that MSc holders should declare BSc certificate and I read somewhere else that you only declare your highest certificate. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
Evalaute only your MSc. Declare both the Msc and the evaluation report in your EE profile.
Don't evaluate your BSc. Declare the BSc in your EE profile.

dotman4goo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2019
List your JD and possible NOCs you are considering.
JERRYMAG4:
Good day house,

I need your help again.
As a dependant (spouse), I am finding it difficult to attach appropriate NOC to my current role. REVENUE ASSURANCE ANALYST in the banking sector. Anybody with an idea how to get the accurate NOC, pls help.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sokem: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
I am thankful to God that today finally came. I have looked forward to the day I will also testify to success in IELTS exam. I received my EOR today and writing was changed from 6.5 to 7.

MOD Dec 1, 2018
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 8
Writing 6.5 now 7

BC
I wrote ielts twice before this one:
October 28, 2017 L 6.5 R 5.5 S 7.5 W7 (i felt i was not good enough so I decided to stop)
November 10, 2018 L 7, R 6.5 S 7.5 W 6

I was encouraged by testimonies on this platform and i made up my mind that i wont stop until i make it.

GOD DID THIS FOR ME.

62 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by funshobabs(m): 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
Congrats to all ITA clinchers. A friend of mine got ppr yesterday, he's not on the thread. Please I have a question : is it possible to combine three different NOC, one year for each noc? Secondly trying to create a profile with ielts scores LRSW 6.5, 5.5, 7, 6. Degree: two or more certificates. Age: 25 Spouse ECA: Masters degree with 4 years work experience. What could possibly be the reason for my ineligiblilty status in trying to create Express Entry profile with these details?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kambols95(m): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
@iaatmguy, u are blessed. Lots of appreciation
iaatmguy:
you are goo to go, just state the visa denial,
secondly two or more certificates is what you will use,
thirdly, read page one for more info

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
centoqoh:
Hello everyone, help needed here Pls. 

I have been reading this thread and the one for Australia since December 2018. I found out that most of d success stories come from graduates and professionals.

My question:

[/b]What is the best way out for non-graduates and graduates that are not gainfully employed as professionals?[b]

I am a graduate of Mass Communication but work as a Driver. That's what I could settle for since no better employment. I also do graphic designs.

Pls I need any advice/counsel that'll be of help.

[/b]Whatsapp +234-08184723093[b]

Naija matters, it is well. Three suggestions came to my mind:

1) If you are quite young and determined to go to Canada, start with a teaching job( I'm claiming 2years teaching experience, even though I have a masters in engineering)

2) Further your education (maybe PGD or MSC from open university)

3) Register a business name for your graphic design work, and start keeping meticulous records that you'll use as proof later in your EE journey.

PS- my 2cents!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Elamado: 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
Majesticniyi:
Its Pee Pee Arr

ITA June 27th, 2018
AOR Sept 04, 2018
Biometric Oct 2, 2018
Ghost update Jan 30, 2019
PPR Jan 30, 2019

Coming back with a story that will make The Professor jealous

Congrats bro.... Glad it finally came.. keeping fingers crossed for the good news here. It shall end in testimony
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by rchilee: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
DrMrsCK:

Same mail. You won't know the outcome until you pick it up. God's grace as you receive your upgrade

Really? Since I was not refunded, I didn't bother collecting the result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by rchilee: 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Desdes: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Pls can any one pls assist with NDVOs email or any email we can use to facilitate our PPR mail ...discovedred from d cse we raised that decision has already been made on our Application...but no PPR mail yet
Mpnp Applicant
Nov 6 Aor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.