Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821232 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 8:57am On Feb 12, 2019
I was in a similar situation. I was 29, and stood at 442 with my masters and no point from husband. His ECA till now is still on hold as PG school has not sent his results since 2015. Anyways... It's tricky cos ECA can delay you and your birthday is minus 5. I was lucky.. My ECA dropped Sept 4, and I got ITA Sept 5. Birthday Sept 16th. So, In your case, you have 2 months to scale through ECA and IELTS. I think your husband should write IELTS and replace the most likely(minus 5).
sollie123:

I'm just getting to know that one of the spouse can still not write the ielts and do ECA. Please could you help me verify my CRS.
education: Master completed
IELTTS: not done yet, but lets say they are within 7-8
work experience: 5 years ( but in 4 different places of same job designation and each lasted 1year)
just me and wifey
Thank you for your prompt response and additional advise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 8:58am On Feb 12, 2019
Just head straight to studio24 to take your passport photo in CIC format, tell them the passport is for Canada. Then go to VFS, with a copy of your passport bio-data page, ur PPR letter duly filled out, international passport, of course and the fee of N17,790. You can choose to pay the SMS charge of N780 or not, I didn't. Pay no attention to the touts outside. I forgot to add, parking fee of between 200-500 naira. Congratulations.
iPopAlomo:
Heads up on submitting my passport at VFS will be appreciated.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maritee(f): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2019
@ifeoma77, please assist with this. Thanks
Maritee:
Hello people,

please whats the duration of payslips needed for someone claiming 1 year work experience. Although I have over a year's work experience but it's not up to 2 years yet. Thank you for your swift response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:35am On Feb 12, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

Oh what a feeling eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

Plenty Joy in my system ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ITA mail has landed...GBAM!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hi Family,
I was able to complete my medical examinations (Family of 5) at IOM Ikeja, got the PCC at Alagbon yesterday and stopped at Studio 24 Ikoyi for the passport photo.... cool.

I arrive IOM at 6:30am and left at about 12:15pm, spent an hour to get the PCC.

For the ITA application, do I need to also scan the application form with the finger prints with the PCC when uploading the documents.

Appreciate your kind response...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

For the ITA application, do I need to also scan the application form with the finger prints with the PCC when uploading the documents.

Appreciate your kind response...

Yes, merge the PCC with the fingerprints pages before uploading.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by topacs: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2019
Must u use wes?
peek:

Please, I have wrong date of birth on my waec certificate, the correct DOB is on my WES profile, am planning to get waec card, do I need to worry on the the DOB? Or should i send a birth certificate copy with the scratch card once? Or their verification has not to do with DOB?
Pls somebody help your bro...don't even know how to do the waec things....must do something this week
God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:42am On Feb 12, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes, merge the PCC with the fingerprints pages before uploading.

Thanks..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2019
iPopAlomo:

IELTS: December 2, 2017 (L8.5, R8, W7, S7)
ECA: November 2017 - October 10th 2018 (11 freaking Months with WES)
FSW: Outland
ITA: October 15
CRS: 468
AOR: Dec 4
MEP/BiL: Jan 16
Ghost update: Didn't look out for this.
VO: no idea
PPR: Feb 12th
AOR to PPR: 70 days (minus 10 days Xmas/New Year break).

Coming back with the rest of the gist...

Congrats!....

E don tey wey WES don dey tidy people....las las na Joy sha!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS grin grin grin

iPopAlomo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jennypharb1: 10:03am On Feb 12, 2019
pepe1:

Hello Ma'am.

It seems to me like you didn't quite catch the 'Proxy/3rd Party' part and I hope I did.

Even when you want to order for it by yourself outside Canada, y would still be dealing with 3rd party commercial services and these are the ones that some people had expressed concerns over their activities.

Alternatively, someone in Canada can do it on your behalf and that also is a 3rd party activity on your profile.

cc: Tojued

Oh okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2019
Debsify:
biko my WES ECA report has being ready since January 7, 2019. Wanna ask if NIPOST will deliver my parcel to the address I put or I'll have to go to their office to pick up?
just use the soft copy, you don't need the hard copy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Congrats. May you remain blessed. Go and shine.

iPopAlomo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DexterousOne(m): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2019
iaatmguy:
OK
uwc
have a good outing

Thanks

I sure would
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2019
joo2018:
Dude, dude, relax, you are in a hurry.

Which immigration program are you applying for?

i fear it's "permanent visitor residency". i hope i am wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2019
Onyeenyeh:
Just head straight to studio24 to take your passport photo in CIC format, tell them the passport is for Canada. Then go to VFS, with a copy of your passport bio-data page, ur PPR letter duly filled out, international passport, of course and the fee of N17,790. You can choose to pay the SMS charge of N780 or not, I didn't. Pay no attention to the touts outside. I forgot to add, parking fee of between 200-500 naira. Congratulations.

Thank you so much...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by themsure: 10:21am On Feb 12, 2019
Kiitan195344:
Hello, please who applied for EOR at BC on January 2 and has gotten a feedback?
I applied for EOR Jan.3, got a mail Jan. 11 that it has been sent for remarking and should contact the center after 3 weeks if i haven't gotten a reply. I sent a mail to last week but no reply yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 10:56am On Feb 12, 2019
congrats to u, it has ended in praise.... grin

iPopAlomo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2019
Hello my efam, please is PEBC the evaluation body for veterinary medicine? Am asking on behalf of my sis who is just starting this process. any vet doctor who has gone through the ECA process should please assist. Also, anyone with the right info is also welcome. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 11:39am On Feb 12, 2019
flyboi1:

A friend also received ADR for SOA of the salary account highlighting salary inflows. She's 8 Post-AOR months post they also requested for updated payslips. my friends POF was in another account so she didn't include SOA from her salary account initially, but payslips were included.

cc @Ifeoma77
Which kind horseplay be this from IRCC? doing all my permutation to make sure, my file (though my wife is the PA) doesn't land in AVO or take time. POF has been in T-Bills, though a different account from salary account since last year.
was thinking of just submitting T-bills certificate for POF, to make it easy, but the above comment is "afraiding" me. i dread AVO sad sad sad sad sad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2019
iPopAlomo:

congratulations, make sure you come back with Alomo for celebration grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Justiyke4u: 11:47am On Feb 12, 2019
Please does anybody knows how to get reference from ministry of justice PortHarcourt
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sollie123(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2019
Claire18:
I was in a similar situation. I was 29, and stood at 442 with my masters and no point from husband. His ECA till now is still on hold as PG school has not sent his results since 2015. Anyways... It's tricky cos ECA can delay you and your birthday is minus 5. I was lucky.. My ECA dropped Sept 4, and I got ITA Sept 5. Birthday Sept 16th. So, In your case, you have 2 months to scale through ECA and IELTS. I think your husband should write IELTS and replace the most likely(minus 5).
Thank you for your response... I will do just that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
iaatmguy:
Which kind horseplay be this from IRCC? doing all my permutation to make sure, my file (though my wife is the PA) doesn't land in AVO is encountering different maze. was thinking. POF has been in T-Bills, though a different account from salary account since last year.
was thinking of just submitting T-bills certificate for POF, to make it easy, but the above comment is "afraiding" me. i dread AVO sad sad sad sad sad.

I have submitted my application but AVO keeps ringing in my subconscious...God help us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2019
DrMrsCK:

I have submitted my application but AVO keeps ringing in my subconscious...God help us.
it is well, i am yet to enter pool (would enter next week), i am already getting jittery of LVO and AVO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
iaatmguy:
it is well, i am yet to enter pool (would enter next week), i am already getting jittery of LVO and AVO

Do your best and leave the rest. Fear included among the rest.

People have gotten PPR in 5 months from LVO and AVO. What will be will be.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ibrotee0: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2019
hello fellows,

Pls can someone use distance learning Masters Degree (Online MBA University of the People) for Canada PR?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2019
For sure. It's a Masters degree.
ibrotee0:
hello fellows,

Pls can someone use distance learning Masters Degree (Online MBA University of the People) for Canada PR?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Elcid1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hello house I finally paid for my Eca using ICES the total cost is £226CAD. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iPopAlomo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2019
Pre AOR to PPR!!!

Decision to Travel... Has always been there... But it was never Canada... It's always been the UK... It just didn't happen then emigrating got really hard after 2010... So I just shenked it till when I have plenty money and can do shakara inside embassy.

Then me and my woman got pretty serious and she told me about ways to get into the country... Truth be told... Sometimes I'm eager and sometimes... I don't give a hoot... She's been my motivation... Throughout this journey...

Decision to travel reignited August 2017... (I won't be precise with dates... Make una no vex...). Signed up for WES that month but I didn't pay I had to travel to Ghana to get my transcript.

I went cold turkey again between August and November and I paid for WES and IELTS late November. IELTS was December 02 2017... I had about a week to practice...

I started off practising with listening... I got better by the 3rd day scoring 36 and above then reading... And the only exercise I have an issue with till date is True/False/Not Given... For writing I just studied the tips and speaking... I watch two YouTube videos to get the hang of it...

On the exam day... I totally forgot how to spell "DISEASE" and two answers skipped past... Reading I left /F/NG blank... Oh... I only attempted True... Writing... I remembered I had to clean the second passage as I was contradicting myself... The first passage was a 9... If I'll score myself... And speaking... If I had an average of 2 minutes to answer my questions... I was done in 30 seconds...
Either ways... I didn't do too bad...

This one... Blame Nigeria for this... I evaluated my B.Sc, NCE & WAEC before it was mandated... My B.Sc was the first to get accepted... Then WAEC until NCE decided to show itself... They sent my verification mail 5 times and WES will tell me they didn't get it... Worse... After 7 weeks... WES will send a new verification mail and post until I paid my school to send it via DHL... 5 Days later... It was accepted... 20 days I got my first ECA but WES has spelt my name wrong... I quickly contacted them highlighting the fact that they spelt my name wrong... I had to wait another 20 days for the error to be fixed... And by then... It was already October... Meanwhile I had created my profile (CIC) way back 2017... So I updated my profile on Monday and there was a draw that Monday... Ding ding ding... ITA!!!

PCC: GHANA and Nigeria... Make I no loud am... But Ghana PCC cost pass Nigerian PCC by 250%... It ends there... Make I no give Nigerian government ideas. I had it couriered to me from Accra to Lagos.

POF: No salary AZA... but I've got savings, current and dorm AZA with different banks... wink... It was half my POF so... I sold my kabukabu... Fixed it for 6 months... And got the certificates... Now this is the tricky part... I've read people saying CIC demands letter of indebtedness and something else in CIC format from the bank... Cool... I went to the bank asked for those letters and the bank me I've to get two referees with a current bank account... I had roughly 10 days left to submit my application and this people are putting me on cruise... So I just asked them to send my 6 months statement to my email... Fam... Trust me... That statement without stamp, without signature was what I uploaded along with my certificates... No letter of explanation.

WORK REFERENCE: If you've a good boss... The sky is the beginning... Man told me to type the letter the way I want it on the letterhead myself... He signed and stamped it and wished me luck... In fact... And that was the only thing I uploaded for work Reference...

Mid December... Someone had viewed my LinkedIn profile in ghost mode... So I know work was going on.

MEP/BiL: Jan 16 medical passed and Biometrics... Medicals at IOM... called October and my earliest date was November 21... I didn't confirm if it was acceptable or not... So November 21... I turned up for medical and wowzer... My name isn't on the list... Long story short... I gatecrashed my own medical date... As the next available date was December 20... Oh... Something funny happened... When my information was keyyed in... The nurses asked if I've been to Canada before... It was funny... I've never travelled outside Africa... And she's making me look like I've toured the world... When the result was out... They made a mistake as my date of birth was reduced by 10 years... I had to rectify it... So this contributed to me submitting and getting my AOR by the 4th of December.

Ghost update: Didn't look out for this. Honestly was expecting mails... I didn't look out for this... So I clearly missed it.

VO: no idea... I was tempted to check... But me schooling in Ghana... Although I uploaded all my visa pages on my old passport and residency permit... Accra had a reputation and it'll be heartbreaking if my application was there... I guess my VO should be Ottawa or Sydney...

PPR: Feb 12th... I couldn't take it anymore yesterday... I tried calling IRCC... BUT €5 worth of Skype credit for #2,100... It's cost 0.020 cents per seconds but I couldn't connect... Meanwhile I had predicted February 15 for myself... But Valentine came early...

I'll be branching London (maybe spend a week if possible) then Straight to Ottawa Canada.

The journey no easy at all... And I'm grateful... I can look back and smile... It's a new life for me out there... All the best to everyone on this journey...

I want to gbe my body mii and my soul... Lol...

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
Maritee:
@ifeom.a77, please assist with this. Thanks
The only document IRCC requires from you to prove work experience, is a reference letter. Anything else is at your discretion.
Basically, you can use 1 or 12, it's up to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ibrotee0: 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
@ifeoma77 @tojued guys please answer this

ibrotee0:
hello fellows,

Pls can someone use distance learning Masters Degree (Online MBA, University of the People USA) for Canada PR?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jjohndoe83: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2019
iPopAlomo:
Pre AOR to PPR!!!

Bros. What happened to the woman who spurred your journey? tongue grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.