Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? (2116 Views)

Where To Obtain Whey Protein And Other Supplements Here In Nigeria / Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? / How Do I Obtain Fake Medical Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by Farriel(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2007
I was diagnosed with arrhythmia after experiencing palpitations during sleep one night. Arrhythmia & High Blood Pressure.

The cardiologist said my LDL (bad) cholestrol level was high and that I seriously needed Lipitor along with some blood pressure drugs which I found and bought. Drugs like Norvasc, Vasoprin, Modiuretic, etc.

I've been looking for Lipitor everywhere but can't seem to find it anywhere. In all the major pharmaceutical outlets, clinics and hospitals. There's a project I'm handling at Umuahia and so my current locations are Umuahia where I work and Port Harcourt where I permanently live. I'm sure most of you must have heard about Lipitor (the drug which has fetched Pfizer billions of dollars).

If you have access to it or know where I can buy it, could I please be informed? I am of course exercising and dieting but all of these are not enough to reduce the high level of LDL cholestrol in my bloody arteries.
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by monshege: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2007
your private doctor or the pharmacist (i dont mean chemist) should be able to help since you are in Nigeria, or at least they can recommend you to someone who knows someone who knows
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by ajolayo(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2007
Lipitor is the same thing as atovarstatin. its all around Nigeria. At least I prescribe it Ibadan and patients get it.
The problem is that it is expensive compared to another cholesterol lowering agent like simvastatin. maybe you should ask for atorvastatin. A lot medical people know only pharmaceutical names and not generic names so asking for atorvastatin might do the magic.

If you don't get it, simvastatin is an alternative. Ask your doctor to prescribe that instead if you can't still get it

Ciao
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by Farriel(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
Yeah, I know its the same thing as that, nevertheless, I can't find either of it. Whether I call it Lipitor or Atorvastatin, I just can't find it. And yes, I'd spoken to my Doctor about it and he's promised to ask around but I can't count on that promise.

Is it readily available in Ibadan, Ajolayo? I don't mind sending you the dough to get it and send it across to me. I know it's expensive, but it's a tried drug and I think I should go with it, rather than alternative cholestrol reducing drugs.

What say you man?
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by Cathian: 6:30am On Aug 26, 2007
I can probably get you a few months supply if you can't find it. Let me know,
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by naijaking1: 3:26am On Sep 01, 2007
I had some free samples in my office last month, drop me a line if you can't find it in naija.

Postage may be at a cost, but it may be worth it.

Also ask your M.D for locally available alternatives.
Good luck
Re: Where Can One Obtain Lipitor? by Kilkenny: 2:59am On Sep 28, 2007
Well,you really shouldn't be taking medication not prescribed by your doctor.

Plus with the statins (lipitor,simvastatin,etc) in addition to monitoring your cholesterol levels regularly,you also need to have blood tests-particularly tests for liver function intially every 6months & then less often thereafter.

So it really is not just a question of taking the lipitor or whatever,you also need to make sure you can have your blood tests done as & when required.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

You Said You Have Tried Everything, Have You Tried The Cbd Oil? / Death Scam? Zenith Bank Account Number / D2k-bio Lite Dietary Food Supplement-bottle, 120 Capsule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.