Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos (51191 Views)

Apapa-wharf Road That Dangote Reconstructed; See What Trailers Are Turning It To / See The New Face of Apapa-Wharf Road (Photos) / The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by ridbell01(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2018
Ever8054:
na Nigeria build the road ?.abi you no sabi read?
na South Africa
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by mfm04622: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Ever8054:

Nigeria did built that road!

The companies will recover the cost of the road from taxes they should have paid to govt! So they didn't do us any favour

2 Likes

Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by mfm04622: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2018
Damoche10:

Good to give back to the society

You quoted all that just to give a one line comment?
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by erico2k2(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2018
princdebola201:
yen yen yen dangote has been paying tax for decades what did pdp achieved with it. this road has been a death trap from 1999 till this year. so far the road has been completed and residents around apapa can finally enjoyed dividend of democracy no wahala any other rantings can go to waste bin
You must be deranged seriously . You mean that toad that even people on foot have traffic on?or are we talking about a different apapa waff rd ? .
Hiw old are you ? What tax ? Do U even know what tax exemption means ? And how is Dangote 's tax regime responsible for apapa rd success or non success ? Try and go to apapa in person not on the internet . I was there few weeks ago . The road is tragic.infact I'm still suffering from the bike ride .
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by erico2k2(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2018
mfm04622:

Nigeria did built that road!

The companies will recover the cost of the road from taxes they should have paid to govt! So they didn't do us any favour
Exactly and the sad reality is this.the companies are already enjoying thier tax regime . We as Nigerians are not enjoying the road yet and we dont know when.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Alexpetra: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2018
This guy again... One guy building roads for a country ,thesame guy building MEGA refinery for the country!! .
Weda make we kukuma Carry the country give the guy.
(Mr Alinko God will continue to enlarge your company and more blessing to you and your family),
Na prayer were the country for dey collect be dat oo na im ONE man collect so ...
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by erico2k2(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
but I thought all those empty containers lined up in queues are going to the port to load goods and take it back to their various destination.nawao
Lubish don't believe that lubish talk. So the ship on cos O2 the trucks carrying the empty Co tainers too?
Look my car came in a container . We had to offload in tincan as the road was blocked . The charge to transport the 40 ft Co tainers was 80k within the vicinity however to transport to ladipo was 400k due to time and traffic . Therr is logistic Chale get at our port . Hence there was a strike not 2 long ago.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by omokab: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
APC will soon say it's one of their achievements.

I've bookmarked those pictures incase they try something funny as usual .
mechanic man. Can you please tell us the party to give credit to? You don't even know to comprehend the write up that is not up to 400 words. Let me help you out because hate has blocked your face read and understand. Federal government signed an agreement with dangote company to construct the road and get a tax holiday in settlement for his totla spending on the construction of the road.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Toyin1000: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2018
Yes.... Kudos the teams,from the project manager to the site helpers.... Happy to be parts of the teams

1 Like

Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:
God bless Nigeria

See more exclusive, the roads and more

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/see-new-face-of-apapa-wharf-road-photos.html
Amen
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Jaideyone(m): 11:35am On Nov 14, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
APC will soon say it's one of their achievements.

I've bookmarked those pictures incase they try something funny as usual .
it is one of their achievements!!! get yourself educated
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by edrys(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2018
@AutoReportNG. Good job you are doing auto report. I will be glad if you can do a photo report of Lagos - Ayetoro Road. That road is an eyesore; thanks to the Government of Ambode for building the portion of the link bridge to Ogun State, it would have been hell during the raining season. Majority of people who reside there works in Lagos.
https://www. tribuneonlineng.com/23791/

1 Like

Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by rabzy: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2018
omonla10:
trailers parking on d road is 10% due to bad roads and 90% due to shipping Companies not accepting empty containers to return overseas.. Basically, na administrative problem and not bad roads..

Why can't we use the containers for other stuffs then. These are good steel structures that can be put to good use. It can easily be converted to multistory housing units for hostels, prisons etc.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by omonla10(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
rabzy:

Why can't we use the containers for other stuffs then. These are good steel structures that can be put to good use. It can easily be converted to multistoryl housing units for hostels, prisons etc.
lol.. Each container u see cos the agent/importer 10k to 20k for every other day its not returned. It even accumulates demurage of over 1m for some people
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Tareq1105: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ever8054:

You, you sabi read?

Didn't you read that govt agreed to wave Tax for the companies involved?

So, what is wrong in saying God bless Nigeria?
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Konquest: 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Just like the Biblical phrase that says, "When the Lord turn again the captivity of Zion, we are like those that dream". The same can be said of Apapa-Wharf Road. For the first time after a long time will a driver drive from Apapa Ports in Wharf and get to CMS in less than 20mins.

It was earlier reported that the Wharf-Apapa road is a death trap for all road users. This road serves as the gateway road to the Nation's Seaport and it hosts several industries like Dangote, Flour Mills of Nigeria, Leventis and a host of others.

Last year the companies spearheaded by Dangote, Flour Mills, and other industries signed an MOU with the Federal Government to reconstruct the roads while the government gives them a tax holiday.

AutoReportNG was in Apapa last April to access works being done where we give first-hand reportage from the site. Fast forward to September, we start seeing some pictures of a new Apapa-Wharf Road and we felt as a responsible media outlet to see things for ourselves.

Base on our reports, we noticed that the four-kilometer dual carriageway, built with cement, has a median, walkways and side barriers on the various sections painted in black and white. Big drainage on both sides has also been completed while street lights have also been erected on Sections one and four of the project.

Interlocking stones are still being laid on about three-quarter of the service lane of out-bound Apapa dual carriageway. Section one of the project is 520 meters, section two is 450 meters, three is 380 while section four is 650 meters.

We can report that the road is 85% completed with some minor adjustments still ongoing at some various points but so far, its a new dawn on this road.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, had on June 17, 2017 signed a N4.34 billion Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AG Dangote Construction Company Ltd and some other stakeholders for reconstructing the Apapa-Wharf Road.

The project is being funded by AG Dangote Construction Company Ltd, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) and Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc.

These are some visuals from our trip.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-WVIJrYCmxL0/W-tCMKAuJiI/AAAAAAAAV_o/x3WzDdPEzTEJp06zyL4wRdzC9aLjGtQaACLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_035_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-GLDuxX44yQg/W-tCFPCo5xI/AAAAAAAAV-8/H3gxFqpIBH86mKfqVnGwEY8NvD28GrQGwCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_024_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-lneeQfpC_j4/W-tB6n6zaFI/AAAAAAAAV-M/Kn5HsaCj__0AaF_DYVvUjdmTdWBZ1HijQCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_012_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-l5l4WUwmsPM/W-tB-NCzQnI/AAAAAAAAV-Y/1DDbP84F-H4nd3TCFzZ8ijpiiToZkG8UQCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_015_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-eGsmNvhK8P4/W-tCCo4NiUI/AAAAAAAAV-s/7Lz0ngOAfvkS_Qa0GtOgsjyJHl-ecRsswCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_020_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-eym0a0TQeO8/W-tCGZFQM7I/AAAAAAAAV_I/i3uK2M_uqykHqMmJ2KF8lAAo5HA2AUmVACLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_027_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-T6FG5lh-cQQ/W-tCLDo65HI/AAAAAAAAV_k/EbLWiOzCllIQgzTBrye79TAU4_iZ_q7_wCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_034_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-2eCKfdyNFHA/W-tCJc5QMkI/AAAAAAAAV_Y/PKbGlO5l8aAiMXOrMPdb-frwKi6SqUCwQCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_031_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-9TZHwi4PuX4/W-tCOxgOo4I/AAAAAAAAV_4/4SF1Dt8D7qcwS7jPPoBp3no2-tmM5GUhACLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_039_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-l5l4WUwmsPM/W-tB-NCzQnI/AAAAAAAAV-Y/1DDbP84F-H4nd3TCFzZ8ijpiiToZkG8UQCLcBGAs/s1600/Apapa_Wharf_Roads_015_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/see-new-face-of-apapa-wharf-road-photos.html

Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
let them please finish it sharply, d gridlock that I face everyday on that costain-orile road no be here.. most times I trekked it with leg bcoz of the tankers that have parked on both sides of the road
is d@ d thanks they should get 4rm u? Dem be ur papa? Re they not tax payers like u? D@'s if u pay taxes. Re they elected officials? undecided
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by ejcharles: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ever8054:

Dis guy, u bad ooh..
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by bedspread: 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
olujastro:
Nice.
This road was an impassable disaster under PDP with no plans to fix it. Please let the tankers not turn it to another parking lot after commissioning.

Slowly and steadily, we'll rebuild our country.
Gradually, one road, one rail, one power plant, one airport, one block of housing, one inland port, etc. will be completed and put to use for the benefit of Nigerians.

Our developed Nigeria will become the hub of industries in Africa, such that Nigerians will no longer see the need to travel out for greener pastures.

God bless Nigeria.
I'll prefer you don't bring Party into this!!

Afterall The party in power has been in power since 2015 and the road has been like this ...
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Obainoneandonly(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
is d@ d thanks they should get 4rm u? Dem be ur papa? Re they not tax payers like u? D@'s if u pay taxes. Re they elected officials? undecided
wetin dis one DEY talk. .its like you have a very low IQ.. Wetin concern d tin I write with Wetin u comment..... next time just read comments and stop making a fool of yourself
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
wetin dis one DEY talk. .its like you have a very low IQ.. Wetin concern d tin I write with Wetin u comment..... next time just read comments and stop making a fool of yourself
get out u ungrateful wretch. Nor go hustle smart 2 hard, lazy Man.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Obainoneandonly(m): 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
get out u ungrateful wretch. Nor go hustle smart 2 hard, lazy Man.
ungrateful?..what is it dat u did for me that will make me be grateful to useless slut like you . I hustle 247,and i feed multiple mouths that are better than you... OLORI BURUKU,, OMO ALE JATIJATI
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by SachaBastien(m): 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2018
Nigeria celebrates roads still in 2018. Africa is amazing!
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
ungrateful?..what is it dat u did for me that will make me be grateful to useless slut like you . I hustle 247,and i feed multiple mouths that are better than you... OLORI BURUKU,, OMO ALE JATIJATI
D@ is not true u lazy pig. 98% of Yoruba men re known 2 be very lazy, d way u spoke, u where miserable.
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Obainoneandonly(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
D@ is not true u lazy pig. 98% of Yoruba men re known 2 be very lazy, d way u spoke, u where miserable.
iwu onye iberibe, onye gwara gi na m wu onye ofe mmanu? .OTORO GBA GWO GI NGA HU
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
iwu onye iberibe, onye gwara gi na m wu onye ofe mmanu? .OTORO GBA GWO GI NGA HU
Adizina a whori m na I bugi onye onye ofe mmanu. Onye ishi nkwocha! undecided
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
newdawn2017:
Adizina a whori m na I bugi onye onye ofe mmanu. Onye ishi nkwocha! undecided
owu mpagi wu onye ishi nkwocha..... otele nshi
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
owu mpagi wu onye ishi nkwocha..... otele nshi
but u re a bald vulture, y is d truth painning u ? undecided
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:26am On Nov 16, 2018
newdawn2017:
but u re a bald vulture, y is d truth painning u ? undecided
what truth witch
Re: See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
what truth witch
D@ u re a bald headed old vulture, bald headed freak of nature. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / UK Home Office Responds To IELTS Removal Petition, See! / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.