Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? (24720 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by nwakuso: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2007
how come its difficult 2 get a job wit a 2.2, which is not a bad grade, cos its like most companies employ pple wit a 2.1or is it by luck. lots of love
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by MyPeace(f): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2007
Third class honours get job. You may really have to equip yourself better, most times is not the issue of grade but an issue of selling yourself when you have an opportunity to attend an interview.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Aproko(f): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2007
i agree with mypeace.the question is can you sell yourself?a 2.1 gives you an audience but a 2.2 means you have to make sure you have an audience.when you finally get it, what do you do with it?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by studdys(f): 1:10am On Apr 15, 2007
True words, but i wonder why they like to make life look difficult for we nigerians

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by z400: 5:21am On Apr 15, 2007
i wonder-o they are just making life miserable for people. anyway, we will get there one day sha. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by extee(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
Landers,
Why do we chose to argue over split milk.Does anyone here want to go back to school to make a 2.1. The truth of the matter is that 1st clss or not does not give you any job.it only avails you the opportunity of meeting with employers.Thats all. The reason behind this 2.1 2.2 thing is just a way of managing the crowd not that anybody is better.
Just keep praying and working hard
GOD IS ABLE

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Busymind11: 1:18am On Aug 14, 2017
Become your own Boss instead of wasting time looking for a job......Cosmetics Business is booming please take advantage!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by edeXede: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2017
embarassed

Why is it difficult to make a 1st class in University.

And beside I made 2.2 in Poly but I tried my best ooooo.

But to God be the glory, I got work on nairaland.

You can see I have resumed to my work.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2017
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

So if you couldn't excel in a University,

No employer believes you will in his business.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by WhiteSoup: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
What does Buhari has that he become President? Does he has WAEC but he become President? I does not knows why people does not believe that you can does anything in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
1st class,2-1, 2-2 third class is all bullshit in Nigeria! Oga stop whining. I know third class people out there with good jobs, and not the work of connections.
In a country like Nigeria, what determines your success is how smart you are(street smartness and intelligence), how hard you can hustle, the skills you equip yourself with and the network you build.
If you feel like a 2-2 is bringing you down, why don't you enhance yourself: get a masters' degree, get reputable certifications, acquire new skills, go for professional conferences and lectures and expand your network. Your grade is not holding you down. When first class and 2-1 graduates have not even finished finding jobs. The thing is Nigerians are generally lazy and they don't want to take that extra step that'll take them places. They'd rather sit at home and cry about how there are no jobs, how a particular grade is looked down on. Nobody wants to leave their comfort zone.

42 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
Competition. Duh.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lakeside30: 8:07am On Aug 15, 2017
you can create a job

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by jonnytad(m): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2017
It is because there's no job for even first class...... Maybe you should ask the federal government sha.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by LionDeLeo: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
Competition.

The pyramid is broader at the bottom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by etainment360(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
sad yes! I booked space...see my signature.

Is 2.2 actually a good result?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by shams040(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
grade is rubbish. show us wat u can do, shikana

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Yuji: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
OP go and learn skills and stop asking silly questions. Practicals is not theory. He who gets the work done,gets the job. Unless na connection.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by dakeskese(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017

Simple reason is...

with 2.1, it means you are improving. That is, you are excelling. from low IQ(2) to high IQ(1)
So employers can take you.

But for the 2.2, it shows nothing but stagnation. u re stock in 2 (where the 2.1. guy has left).

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
nwakuso:
how come its difficult 2 get a job wit a 2.2, which is not a bad grade, cos its like most companies employ pple wit a 2.1or is it by luck. lots of love
its not only 2.2 ooo.i graduated with 2.1 yet i have been unable to get a job for like two month plus .

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by 9jatriot(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2017
Has nothing to do with your grades, there are basically no jobs.

There are lots of first class, 2:1, Msc and even PhD owners looking for job, don't go the victims mentality way.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by pocohantas(f): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2017
Because there is a difference between them grin
I think HRs use it as a means of reducing their own workload. It's all about the competition, few jobs...so many applicants.

2.1 doesn't give you a job, but it makes you have more shots at getting a job. If you eventually don't get one out of the several opportunities, your village people must be involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2017
It is already a lot difficult to get a job with a 2.1.. Even First class sef... In your next life, try and make a 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by EmekaBlue(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2017
coz no jobs even for 2-1....create something for yourself
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by maxiuc(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2017
You have 2.2 and you are computer illiterate then who gonna employ you

Try harder to master some skill very well

Forget grades

Some employers looks at your person as a whole

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lonelydora: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
Nigerians should stop having this mentality. Having 2.2 doesn't make it difficult to get a job. You won't be given any job if you don't impress the interviewers. Your poor performance during interview is not as a result of your 2.2.

In my office, many 2.1s and 2.2s are employed as long as you passed your interview.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

So if you couldn't excel in a University,

No employer believes you will in his business.

Why is your opinion always different from others?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by mercytripletz: 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
Why will someone graduate with 2:2 in the first place? Of course, getting a job is hard even for the First and second class upper graduates but being on 2:2 places one at a greater disadvantage unless of course you know the higher ups.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by goldedprince: 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
because employers dont want olodo.
btw, i graduated with a pass. mind you pass is lower than 3rd class
and i presently employ all those book worms.
i make them know i am a pass holder and there are worthless grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by aku626(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
Because they'd rather you create jobs.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by JefLonDon(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2017
2:1 is a way of managing the Public, i have seen 2:2 employing 2:1 at the end........

HushPuppi doesnt knw wat a 2:1 is, but the main reason they deal with 2:1 mostly is cuz they believe thats where good people belong........does who flirt and do cultism in school end up with 2:2 mostly and you wont want such people loitering ur work space.

If You can't excel in School, how can you excel in a Competitive Working Environment.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 15, 2017
MyPeace:
Third class honours get job. You may really have to equip yourself better, most times is not the issue of grade but an issue of selling yourself when you have an opportunity to attend an interview.
live equip . Nigeria is a consuming economy, this invariably mean virtually everything in Nigeria is imported .The countries those goods come from employs labor from there country.Jobs is very limited in Nigeria .I have been trained in networking yet ...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Is ACCESS BANK Calling For Aptitude Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.