Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa (3412 Views)

How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job / Join Me Praise Jesus I Got My Desired Job!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by ogbonti: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
NA wa oooo, i never knew things couod be so bad, I got a few calls in the first 3 weeks after getting certified, my resume was updated and look so cool and sophisticated, 5 years verifiable IT Project Manager experience and all that I have done as PM assistant in the past, which is true, but I cant find a job, I also have A+, Network+ and Project+, I am also taking self prep for the ITIL ver 3 exams which I hope to take in August ending. I am currently doing my MBA at a reputable University here but I got my first degree in Nigeria in Political Science. I got an email from One of the recruiters this morning that the position I applied for has 40 Project Managers with PMP and up to 15 to 20 years experience applying for it, but I dont want to lie about my accomplishements. I am Nija and a U.S. citizen, do I stand a chance of getting a better IT Proj Mgt job in Nigeria with good pay ar should I just wait here in the USA and bid my time, I dont wat to accept that all the time and resources I spent in getting my PMP was just a waste, Please, I need y'all advise, thanks,

1 Like

Re: I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by realborn(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
Yes friend. There are a couple of IT resource firms that i believe will be interested in engaging your services. You may find the websites of the following firms online:

Dimension Data Nigeria Limited
Resourcery Limited
21st Century Technologies
WSP consulting

The first and the last are South African firms with arms in Nigeria. Project Management thrives here. Please come back home. I am a full fledged construction project manager here with a huge portfolio and it gets better by the day.

I hope I have been able to assist.

Regards.
Re: I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by ogbonti: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2010
thanks for that update, am really thankful. once i am done with the MBA, i will switch gears and try relocating to ock up an IT / PM job in Nigeria if its available then, cos I understand there are a lot of qualified hands at home also. i still welcome more contributions , nomattern how ordinary you think it may be, it may just be the needed tonic to spice up this discussion, wink
Re: I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by 4ril: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2010
since you said you had a bachelors degree in Political science before leaving Nigeria, I believe you will definitely know somethings about Nigeria. I do not know how long you left Nigeria. But in the last 10 years, the only improvement I see in Nigeria is our telecommunication sector. That means if you are in Nigeria within the last 10 years, I don't think Nigeria should be much different from the way you left it. So, I expect you to still know more about the Nigeria you left. I will advice you to do your homework well, before jumping into the plane. Do not rush here until you are certain of getting a promising offer. If you feel that it's uncertain that you will get a job in US, then you should know that you are coming back to face a higher level of uncertainty. However, I still recommend you try those companies suggested by realborn. However, I will not advice you to gamble. You should only come if invited. That is my own advise for you.

1 Like

Re: I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by enjoy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
@realborn,

i kind of have the same issues as Ogbonti, i got PMP certified in June and i thought it was going to be easy too, i currently work with Firstbank(project Finance) and im a graduate of Architecture. i really want a career move to a Projectised or at least a Matrix organisation, PMO, etc , not necessarily construction.

ill appreciate your assistance too.
Re: I Got My Pmp Since April And I Cant Find A Project Manager Job In Houston Tx Usa by mrcheeks14: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
@ Ogbonti and enjoy,

Please can you PM me your email adress - I have a few questions re PMP that I need help with.

Thanks

enjoy:

@realborn,

i kind of have the same issues as Ogbonti, i got PMP certified in June and i thought it was going to be easy too, i currently work with Firstbank(project Finance) and im a graduate of Architecture. i really want a career move to a Projectised or at least a Matrix organisation, PMO, etc , not necessarily construction.

ill appreciate your assistance too.

(1) (Reply)

Stat Oil And Gas Company Ltd Uk Vacancies / Boulevard Invigoration / BREAKING: Nscdc’smysterious “oga At Thetop” Finally Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.