Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike (18097 Views)

Different People's Reactions On ASUU Calling Off The Strike #yanbaba Meme / ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike / ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by 6Ebisco: 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has said it was not in a position to determine whether an end to its ongoing strike is in sight.

ASUU Chairman, University of Abuja chapter, Dr. Ben Ugheoke, said this on Wednesday in an interview with DAILY POST in Abuja.

Recall that the lecturers, penultimate week embarked on industrial action over the failures of the Federal Government to implement its part of the agreement it signed with the union towards ensuring proper funding of the universities, the payment of full salaries by state-owned universities, and the payment of earned academic allowances, among others.

Speaking, Dr. Ugheoke explained that the onus lay with the Federal Government to call ASUU to the negotiation table with a view to bringing an end to the strike.

“I can’t tell if an end to the strike is in sight. If the Federal Government calls us for negotiations, we are not against that. But, we are in the government’s position,” he said.

On whether his chapter of the union had plans of pulling out of the ongoing industrial action, he said: “The strike is national. Whatever ASUU’s NEC (National Executive Council) directs, that’s what UNIABUJA chapter follows.”

Meanwhile, ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, has said the union was ready to commence negotiations with the government over the ongoing strike.

Ogunyemi said a meeting with the Federal Government delegation has been scheduled for Thursday, one o’clock at the instance of the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/ASUU-speaks-on-calling-off-strike.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by kingharzy: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
You mean the lifeless ones are just initiating a discussion? ? SMH for this govt.
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Meren1: 12:14am On Nov 15, 2018
Ok. Nigeria sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Afa123(m): 12:16am On Nov 15, 2018
cool
Meren1:
Ok. Nigeria sha
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Afa123(m): 12:17am On Nov 15, 2018
[left][/left]waaw really
6Ebisco:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has said it was not in a position to determine whether an end to its ongoing strike is in sight.

ASUU Chairman, University of Abuja chapter, Dr. Ben Ugheoke, said this on Wednesday in an interview with DAILY POST in Abuja.

Recall that the lecturers, penultimate week embarked on industrial action over the failures of the Federal Government to implement its part of the agreement it signed with the union towards ensuring proper funding of the universities, the payment of full salaries by state-owned universities, and the payment of earned academic allowances, among others.

Speaking, Dr. Ugheoke explained that the onus lay with the Federal Government to call ASUU to the negotiation table with a view to bringing an end to the strike.

“I can’t tell if an end to the strike is in sight. If the Federal Government calls us for negotiations, we are not against that. But, we are in the government’s position,” he said.

On whether his chapter of the union had plans of pulling out of the ongoing industrial action, he said: “The strike is national. Whatever ASUU’s NEC (National Executive Council) directs, that’s what UNIABUJA chapter follows.”

Meanwhile, ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, has said the union was ready to commence negotiations with the government over the ongoing strike.

Ogunyemi said a meeting with the Federal Government delegation has been scheduled for Thursday, one o’clock at the instance of the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/ASUU-speaks-on-calling-off-strike.html
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by justflow1(m): 12:27am On Nov 15, 2018
Let them just liquidate and sell this country and give is our share, even if its 20k that reach us, some of us can start a business with it elsewere,

Note: the liquidator must not be an indigene of Nigeria, or else the assets, sales and whatever would still be psiphoned

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by willyo(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2018
When elephants fight, the grass suffers.

No be their fault... Na the students fault and Nigerian youths in its entirety
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Angelcatherine(f): 5:29am On Nov 15, 2018
mbok let them just put an end to this strike, I'm tired of staying at home already
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Sadebaby654: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2018
WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS THAT SETS YOUR BUSINESS APART!

When Your website customers are deciding on a purchase, they start by looking online.

is your showroom, where customers can research your product and see all the reasons it is right for them.

Now imagine that same product was just a couple of clicks away from being theirs. A well designed and developed Website can influence purchase decisions by showcasing your product at its best, and making it as easy as pie to take action and make a purchase, patronising you services or connecting with your brand

What You Get!

== https://www.YourWebsite.com SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Teechamps(m): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2018
FG and yeye like 5 & 6, abeg sell naija and give me my portion
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Fabulouz43166: 8:34am On Nov 15, 2018

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Jothamthompson: 8:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Jubril for 2019 share

Atiku for 2019 like

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by bubblejames: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2018
BECOME THE CREATIVE GRAPHICS DESIGNER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

If you have creativity flowing through your veins, Graphic Design might be your ideal career. Of course, you need a very particular set of skills to create a polished designs—skills you will learn at this intensive practical training program

This Graphic Design Training Course will open up the world of digital graphic design and help you expand your skill set.

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20th OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design GRAPHICS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical GRAPHICS DESIGN training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by searchproject(f): 8:36am On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU said though Students are seriously affected by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) action, the truth of the matter is that people need to appreciate the content of the complaint that the union is making and the issues involved in this. We can’t continue to pretend that all is well. If Nigeria were to be a poor country, we would endure the situation of things in the education sector but we all know that Nigeria is not a poor country as I had earlier said. This strike is for the good of everyone. It is not about ASUU alone. If there is good and conducive learning and hostel environment, students will be the most beneficiaries. He insisted that the strike Read More..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Tenn88: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2018
E no go beta 4 all of them
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Adverts247: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2018
If you know you are in abuja and will like to have fun with other abuja peepz - Click [url=clip.ng/tYSM]HERE [/url]To join group

[img]https://2.bp..com/-kqyb3NoncCg/W-tUe_LLChI/AAAAAAAAfJY/qeQB3I26cPkYfb0-6ROHsc1Rvy7DOmJGACLcBGAs/s320/1.jpg[/img]
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Whois(m): 8:39am On Nov 15, 2018
Do we still have National association of Nigerian Students angry

willyo:

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by sirBLUNT: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2018
If I just remember how assu frustrated my life with their incessant strike in the university, I just smile and say mama I made it through.....
And God will not forgive me if I allow my children school in this useless country, I will rather not give birth to them at all...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Bossontop(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2018
undecided
Make dem go find work epp dia life jareh.....na so we bin run dah year for 2013

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Rextizzle(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Shithole
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by fejuc: 8:52am On Nov 15, 2018
THIS IS GRAND-MASTER GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING LIKE YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE – NO THEORY. NO BULLSHITS. 100% PRACTICAL

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

Thanks to social media and the app-store economy, design skills are more valuable than ever.
Are you interested in learning more about how to communicate your creative ideas in a way that will capture the attention of your audience? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!
This training takes you from Design novice to professional creative through intensive practical training.

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20th OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design GRAPHICS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical GRAPHICS DESIGN training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

I AM PAUL, A MULTIMEDIA EXPERT. LET ME TRAIN YOU TO BE A MOST SOUGHT AFTER GRAPHICS DESIGNER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS!

I am Paul, a full fledged Multimedia Expert - Graphics Designer, Photographer, Video Editor, 3D Animator and Motion Graphics Expert

1 Share

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by CHRISPRECIOUS11: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2018
assu would call off the strike for sure
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by MAJORBANKZ(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU and FG should pls dilly dally on this. they can reach an agreement by January am not ready to go back anytime this year. nobody should come and attack me oo. is my opinion though
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by domino4211(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2018
Angelcatherine:
mbok let them just put an end to this strike,
I'm tired of staying at home already
katherine Joshua
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Dichrys(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2018
MAJORBANKZ:
ASUU and FG should pls dilly dally on this. they can reach an agreement by January am not ready to go back anytime this year. nobody should come and attack me oo. is my opinion though
Ma nigga grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by MAJORBANKZ(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Dichrys:
Ma nigga grin
lol I thought am the only one on this

1 Like

Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Angelcatherine(f): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2018
domino4211:
katherine Joshua
No
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by Kamxin(m): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU knows that the strike have to be once and for all like 2013. So students have their dedtiny in their hands either to Move forward or backward.
I think inproving your digital skill is a bet you can take to the bank. This is the only way to remain relevent in any workspace.Very sophiscated accounting packages, biz analytics packages, advertising tools, information security in work place. Guess what?If you have bad foundation digitally you would be easily bullied out of a job you haveas dream job.Make hay while he sun shine. ASUU strike remain a cloud with golden liningOpportunities remain unlimited while ASUU stike last.for more info, field by field breakdown of It skill suitable for each profession and where to get them. 08027886496
Re: ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike by GetCofOProperty: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2018
willyo:

Interesting to know that Kanu is still in Israel.
Check our signature right here below and reach us on how we can assist you with genuine Real Estate (Land/Properties/House) acquisition and purchase in your choice location.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) / Check Your Jamb 2007 Result Here / Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.