Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

In The Name Of Love (poem) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In The Name Of Love (poem) (1990 Views)

TO MY CRUSH.. .a Love Poem All Ladies Must Read. / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Name Of Love (poem) by YoxAvidPen(m): 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
An unexpected connection
Excitement and euphoria
Short-lived joy
In the name of love

Undue endurance for a cheat
Immature hold of a self-centered
Foolish plea for change
In the name of love

Selfless sacrifices
Non yielding investments
Irrecoverable loses
In the name of love

Blood shot eyes
Heavily soaked sheets
So many tears
In the name of love

A heavy head
A broken heart
All this pain
In the name of love

Irrevocable regrets
Unrelenting bitterness
Undying quest for revenge
In the name of love

Maybe I will someday trust
Maybe I will one day love
But never again will I be so distraught
Not in the name of love.

© Yox Avid’Pen (2010) To see my other works, visit; http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&suggest&note_id=125894204121658&id=121286764584382#!/pages/Yox-AvidPen-the-Pen-of-a-Passionate-Persona/121286764584382?ref=ts

(1) (Reply)

Between Cyprian Ekwensi And Norman Mailer, And Nigerian Intellectual Morons / Dance of the gods!!! / Download Free Ebooks Online In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.