Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones (1520 Views)

I Still Dont See The Usefulness Of A Selfie Stick... / Wap Site 4 Download Of Mp3 Codec {mp3 As Ringtone} / Usefulness of Glo Magic Plus (Globacom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones by Adidas: 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2006
Pls i want to know much about Mpé
Re: Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones by Adidas: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2006
Pls i want to know much about Mp3 phone i was told that if you are using Mp3 phone you can listen to music from internet and also wacthing it pls enlight me
Re: Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones by sbucareer(f): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2006
MP3 is an acronym for MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 audio layer 3. MP3 is the file extension for MPEGaudio layer 3. Layer 3 is one of three coding schemes (layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3) for the compression of audio signals. Layer 3 uses perceptual audio coding and psychoacoustic compression to remove all superfluous information (more specifically, the redundant and irrelevant parts of a sound signal. The stuff the human ear doesn't hear anyway).

You know you cassette player, whihc is an old tech for holding magnetic data.  Cassette audio or video device utilized for recording and playback of sampled material. A cassette contains two wheels and the tape medium rolled onto the two wheels.

The successor of cassette is the CD ( CD-ROM media is read-only media that holds about 650 MB of data. It's generally accepted as the easiest way to distribute software. CD-ROM drives can also read audio CDs even though they are in a different format than standard CD-ROM media. )

The successor of CD was the DVD (Digital Versatile Disk." (Formerly Digital Video Disk.) Same size as a CD but stores seven times CD capacity on a single side. DVDs can also be double-sided or dual layer. Today most DVDs are used to display full-length commercial motion pictures, plus additional material such as outtakes, director's notes, movie trailers, etc.)

Because of mobility and more data storage capacity new digital format came about among many was the mp3.  You convert your traditional cassette, CD, DVD digital audio format to mp3.  Because mp3 is compressed it allows more data storage on a media.

You can use a USB data storage to store all your mp3.  You can download mp3 converter http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_converter_freeware.htm and convert all you entire CD or DVD audio collection to mp3 and carry it about in an USB stick http://www.a2boffice.co.uk/a2bstore/346/346_Portable%3Cbr%3EUSB+Storage.html
Re: Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones by Farriel(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2006
Ah! Excellent, excellent. Very good post. Thank you, Sbucareer, thank you for such an enlightening post.
Re: Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones by sbucareer(f): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2006
"adidas":

Please i want to know much about Mp3 phone i was told that if you are using Mp3 phone you can listen to music from internet and also wacthing it please enlight me

I am sure that mp3 phones do not exist. Phones cannot be mp3, rather what I think you are trying to say is phones that can store and playback mp3 format.  Many phones these days comes with gigantic storage capacity.  Motorola, Nokia and many like that comes with 1GB.  New once allow you to use digital memory card.  You can get a memory card from you phone manufacturer website if your model has card reader.  Card vary in size from 64MB to 2GB.

The memory is where you store your mp3 format.  Movies can also be store in mp3 format and you can play it back from your phone.  You phone must also have the playback interface b4 you can use it.

About listening to internet radio channels.  You must make sure that you phone model has the rdaio card installed.  Ask your store if they have the phones that could allow you to listen to radio stations.  If a phone do not come with a radio card you cannot listen to radio.  

I know this, most manufacturer has left a space for integration in future.  You can buy an additional radio card and plug it in to ur phone, check this site http://www.scan.co.uk for additional radio card for mobile phones.

Note, internet radio will cost you money as your phone will be connected to internet through WAP (Wireless Application Protocol), it does not worth it.  The radio chanel will do.  Use you PC that has internet connection to listen to internet radio.  My favouriate internet channel is http://www.kiss100.com/

(1) (Reply)

Freshmail: Email On Your Lovely Smartphone (Who needs BlackBerry?) / $199 3g Iphone: / Quake 3 Arena Ported To Symbian S60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.