Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. (884 Views)

15 Pictures Only Programmers Can Understand And Relate With / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by Kaylhey20: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2018
Good morning my fellow programmers, there is an issue I want you guys to reason with me most especially web developers.

I built a website for one guy early this year around February. After completing this website, I showed the guy and he said that he likes it. Then like a month after, this guy said he wants a total change of everything in the website. OK oo I did exactly as he wanted. After then, he calls me at least twice a week about one change and another. And will keep on complaining if I didn't do it quickly. It got to extent that I had to block his number because the nagging was too much.

And like after a month, he called me with another number and the disturbance continued. Presently, I am getting tired of this guy. Because I don't know how someone will be so confused that he will change the whole content of his website at least every month.

I need advise from experienced web developers on his to relate with this guy OR is this how client normally disturb web developers?. I am confused ooo....
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by lordweezy(m): 3:36am On Nov 18, 2018
Kaylhey20:
Good morning my fellow programmers, there is an issue I want you guys to reason with me most especially web developers.

I built a website for one guy early this year around February. After completing this website, I showed the guy and he said that he likes it. Then like a month after, this guy said he wants a total change of everything in the website. OK oo I did exactly as he wanted. After then, he calls me at least twice a week about one change and another. And will keep on complaining if I didn't do it quickly. It got to extent that I had to block his number because the nagging was too much.

And like after a month, he called me with another number and the disturbance continued. Presently, I am getting tired of this guy. Because I don't know how someone will be so confused that he will change the whole content of his website at least every month.

I need advise from experienced web developers on his to relate with this guy OR is this how client normally disturb web developers?. I am confused ooo....

chat me up. let's know what we can do together +855962642465
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by Piuscrown: 10:31am On Nov 18, 2018
You probably didn't made the deal clear to him in the first place. I am not a web developer but I know how the business run very well, you should start by letting your client know how much it will cost them for finished job, let them understand the concept of domain and hosting very well don't hide anything, let them know why they have to redeem it every year or whatever, let it be clear to them after your work the website will become their private property and further maitainance will cost them, let them agree before you start your work, if they don't agree be happy you just saved yourself of a greedy and ignorant costumer, if they agree be happy you are going to be making some money, and most importantly scam them by teaching them the concept of dynamic website and static website, tell them static website is cheap and fast to develop but will in cure extra effort, tools and stress to maintain but dynamic may be cost to bring up but it is easier to maintain since they can even add features to it themselves(give then the options to change basic things like pictures add new items etc in your code, you must code this yourself) for static use stuff like wordpress, for dynamic use stuff like laravel or php without framework based on how serious they are with hosting and how much they are willing to pay... Never give them the impression that you will finish their job in a week it is bad for your business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need / This App Inspired Me To Be An Android Developer / What Is The Easiest Way To Get Software Consulting Services?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.