Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

---Closed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ---Closed (1124 Views)

Need A Personal Tutor For Web Design, Android And IOS Development? Contact Me / I Need An Online Tutor For Java And Android Development / I Need A Tutor For Web Development And Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

---Closed by excanny: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2018
Twice a week teaching of 2 kids after school hours.

Basic Java skills or any other strongly typed programming language essential.

Proximity to Egbeda-Ikotun axis important.

Interested persons can reach me via call/WhatsApp ..... closed
Re: ---Closed by airsaylongcon: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2018
What ages are they? Are you looking at strong typed programming languages that encourage OOP or are u OK with Procedural paradigm?
Re: ---Closed by sparkle6(m): 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
How old are they? I think java is too ambigous for kids.
Teach them visual basic first or Python to get their interest.
Re: ---Closed by talk2hb1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
I wont recommend Java for kids undecided
Either JavaScript or Python
Java Setup can easily get them pissed off, not an advise but a suggestion. Who knows they could be genius and might be playing with assembly llanguage in less than 2months, I don't wwanna be a dream crusher cheesy
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
talk2hb1:
I wont recommend Java for kids undecided
Either JavaScript or Python
Java Setup can easily get them pissed off, not an advise but a suggestion. Who knows they could be genius and might be playing with assembly llanguage in less than 2months, I don't wwanna be a dream crusher cheesy

What would you recommend?
Re: ---Closed by talk2hb1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
excanny:

What would you recommend?
JavaScript, Python, even C.
Learning should be fun, those two languages can bring them up to speed. They can easily pick any other language after grasping the basic concept of programming.
{{Suggestion}}
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
sparkle6:
How old are they? I think java is too ambigous for kids.
Teach them visual basic first or Python to get their interest.

As an adult and someone who's got a hang of how programming works, I find the verbose nature of VB annoying, talkless of a kid.

Makes no sense. WTF is "Dim myName as string;"?. Lol.

When there is "string myName;"

And don't even start me on a careless language as Python that teaches you it's OK not to terminate your program with semicolons. Lol.
Re: ---Closed by sparkle6(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
excanny:

As an adult and someone who's got a hang of how programming works, I find the verbose nature of VB annoying, talkless of a kid.

Makes no sense. WTF is "Dim myName as string;"?. Lol.

When there is "string myName;"

And don't even start me on a careless language as Python that teaches you it's OK not to terminate your program with semicolons. Lol.
I meant Basic with no visual. My typos sha.
I never likèd that vb.net one bit.
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
talk2hb1:

JavaScript, Python, even C.
Learning should be fun, those two languages can bring them up to speed. They can easily pick any other language after grasping the basic concept of programming.
{{Suggestion}}

JavaScript is a beautiful programming language handicapped by being a loosely typed language.

I really love it's clean syntaxes but its good only for why it was created- to run in a browser.
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
sparkle6:

I meant Basic with no visual. My typos sha.
I never likèd that vb.net one bit.

BASIC is a nice first language. Problem is its limited in modern useful features.

My first language was FORTRAN, kinda similar to BASIC.

I actually thought of going the BASIC/FORTRAN route but thought about what would happen if I needed someone to take over teaching these kids. Where will I find someone who knows FORTRAN or BASIC?

At least, Java is very popular and many people know it and it has modern features still relevant today.
Re: ---Closed by sparkle6(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
excanny:

BASIC is a nice first language. Problem is its limited in modern useful features.

My first language was FORTRAN, kinda similar to BASIC.

I actually thought of going the BASIC/FORTRAN route but thought about what would happen if I needed someone to take over teaching these kids. Where will I find someone who knows FORTRAN or BASIC?

At least, Java is very popular and many people know it and it has modern features still relevant today.
I think the sole purpose of programming lang is to solve problems computationly. Any language can do that.
But java is quite ambigous and has a deep learning curve. I tell you it took me 1 freaking year to master java core. Then i realised that i am still an intermediate when i saw java concurrency, regex, annotations. I just weak.
And the frameworks are just too much. I was busy mastering java 8 features unbeknowest to me java 11 is out!
And had already used swing for month until someone told me javafx is the future and swing updating has being stagnant.
Oracle are just messing around with java programmers. They cant make a frame work and stick to it.
Now they have also dropped development for javafx for Gluon community.
Ruby on rails might suite the kid tho i respect your opinion about java.
Re: ---Closed by talk2hb1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
excanny:

JavaScript is a beautiful programming language handicapped by being a loosely typed language.

I really love it's clean syntaxes but its good only for why it was created- to run in a browser.
Wrong for tthe bolded
It runs in browser, mobile, server, and desktop.
The most distributed Language Today undecided
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
talk2hb1:

Wrong for tthe bolded
It runs in browser, mobile, server, and desktop.
The most distributed Language Today undecided

Primary purpose is web. The main reason for its creation.
Re: ---Closed by excanny: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
sparkle6:

I think the sole purpose of programming lang is to solve problems computationly. Any language can do that.
But java is quite ambigous and has a deep learning curve. I tell you it took me 1 freaking year to master java core. Then i realised that i am still an intermediate when i saw java concurrency, regex, annotations. I just weak.
And the frameworks are just too much. I was busy mastering java 8 features unbeknowest to me java 11 is out!
And had already used swing for month until someone told me javafx is the future and swing updating has being stagnant.
Oracle are just messing around with java programmers. They cant make a frame work and stick to it.
Now they have also dropped development for javafx for Gluon community.
Ruby on rails might suite the kid tho i respect your opinion about java.

It takes 10 years of hardwork to master a programming language. I now see where you are coming from and the raesons for some of your answers.
Re: ---Closed by talk2hb1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
excanny:

Primary purpose is web. The main reason for its creation.
But Luckily ffor the Programming World Java is now a Reborn Again, just go through ES16 documentation sweet and yummy like Garri Vannila kiss

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / SOFTICU TECH HUB: Practical Training On How To Design Any Type Of Mobile App / Fixed! Windows 10 Users: How Do You Stop Windows From Draining Your Data In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.