Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Help Me Choose Wisely - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose Wisely (1204 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW / Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 / Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
Good evening my good brothers my ogas i greet . pls i need a candid advise as regards my car of car. i'm abt owing my frist car i love avalon 2001-2003,baby boy ,Honda civic then may be drop or tiny light camry. pls advise me on the best to choose as regards maintaince,durability and more economical thanks @cc Gazzus my other ogas pls help a brother.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by vetrovialMan(m): 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Go get a corolla 04 - 06
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
vetrovialMan:
Go get a corolla 04 - 06
why do you suggest that i dnt av corolla on my list.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
vetrovialMan:
Go get a corolla 04 - 06

And also budget for comprehensive insurance just for the sake of the boys

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
As a beginner, get a Toyota Camry (tiny light).

Honda Baby boy is good but the leg thing.

Avalon is a bigger car but also good(I don't know the model you are considering).
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
As a beginner, get a Toyota Camry (tiny light).

Honda Baby boy is good but the leg thing.

Avalon is a bigger car but also good(I don't know the model you are considering).
thanks bro i'm cosidering 2001 to 2003 all Naija used.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 7:25am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
thanks bro i'm cosidering 2001 to 2003 all Naija used.

If you later make up your mind to get the Toyota Camry, please ensure you do a comprehensive insurance on it and NOT tracker. The money for tracker should be added to just a little amount and obtain a comprehensive insurance so you can drive in peace. Saying this from experience.

Secondly, that vehicle shock absorber isn't durable and that's one of the suspension parts that you will spend money on but not all the time though but it fails when compared to other Toyota models.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2018
sacramento1212:

If you later make up your mind to get the Toyota Camry, please ensure you do a comprehensive insurance on it and NOT tracker. The money for tracker should be added to just a little amount and obtain a comprehensive insurance so you can drive in peace. Saying this from experience.

Secondly, that vehicle shock absorber isn't durable and that's one of the suspension parts that you will spend money on but not all the time though but it fails when compared to other Toyota models.
Thank you sir for ur enlightment which of this cars do you think is cheaper to maintain .
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 9:53am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
Thank you sir for ur enlightment which of this cars do you think is cheaper to maintain .

The Camry and Honda Accord share similar engine capacity if for i4 while the avalon is a standard 6 cylinder. The avalon will be more expensive to maintain if you are comparing the other 2 from an i4 angle.

But from my own opinion, if i am to be the user, non of those listed cars qualifies. I will rather opt for a w202 C class of year 2000.

But if i must pick from any on your list, i will choose the Avalon. But the cheapest from my own opinion will be the Camry or Accord depending on choice.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:

By the way how much is your budget for the purchase?
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2018
sacramento1212:

By the way how much is your budget for the purchase?
500-600k max
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
500-600k max

You never dey ready to buy motor. Except for Nigerian used one which you must be very careful so you don't throw away money.
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2018
sacramento1212:

The Camry and Honda Accord share similar engine capacity if for i4 while the avalon is a standard 6 cylinder. The avalon will be more expensive to maintain if you are comparing the other 2 from an i4 angle.

But from my own opinion, if i am to be the user, non of those listed cars qualifies. I will rather opt for a w202 C class of year 2000.

But if i must pick from any on your list, i will choose the Avalon. But the cheapest from my own opinion will be the Camry or Accord depending on choice.
a c class of 2000 will it fall in my budget?
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 11:32am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
a c class of 2000 will it fall in my budget?

Any of those vehicles you listed including the C class, you should budget nothing less than #1.2million for a very good one.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by promisedwealth(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2018
sacramento1212:

Any of those vehicles you listed including the C class, you should budget nothing less than #1.2million for a very good one.
1.2 m for naija use ? nt toks my oga
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by sacramento1212: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
1.2 m for naija use ? nt toks my oga

Tokunbo
Re: Help Me Choose Wisely by Wilfredpat22(f): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
I have a Toyota tiny light for sale

(1) (Reply)

How "Ashame'"catch Me Today. Village Man No Good. / See Toyota Corolla 2019 Model / How Much Is Brain Box Of Hummer Bus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.