Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) (26670 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road / See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by FriendNG: 12:42am On Nov 17, 2018
In a bid to ensure the extension of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line to Apapa seaport, the Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has said parts of some terminals in the port will have to be demolished.

Amaechi stated this on Thursday in Lagos during a visit to the port to inspect the standard gauge railway line.

The inspection tour started from the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Meta.

He said the purpose of the visit was to “see the challenges we have in taking both the narrow gauge and standard gauge into the seaport.”

He said, “What is best for us is what we will do; we will go back to the President to get an approval to ensure we get something that will outlast us. So, whether it is different from what is in the contract or not, we will get something that will last for a long time.”

Commenting on the reported pullout of General Electric from Nigeria’s railway concession, the minister said, “I don’t know whether GE pulled out: GE is no longer into transportation. What happened is that it was a consortium; we have APM Terminals, Transnet, SinoHydro of China and GE.

“GE is the only one that is no longer into transportation business. So, Transnet has now taken the lead role as the head of the consortium. We are going ahead with the concession.

Asked if the GE’s pullout was a setback, Amaechi said, “What setback is that? Transnet can raise the $2.7bn.”

Bloomberg reported on Wednesday that GE said it was withdrawing from the railway concession and handing it over to Transnet SOC Limited in line with its strategy to exit the transportation business.

GE won a contract last year to manage Nigeria’s narrow-gauge rail network in partnership with three other companies, namely SinoHydro of China, Transnet, and APM Terminals.

They signed an agreement with Nigerian authorities in April to proceed with the interim phase of the narrow-gauge concession that is expected to grow freight haulage capacity in the country ten-fold to 500,000 metric tons annually.

The Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, Hadiza Usman, said, “We have done an inspection to ensure that the rail lines are brought directly into the port. We visited several terminals; there will be areas where the Federal Government will take over for overriding public interest to ensure that the rail track comes in.

“We have situations where certain portions of warehouses, for example, will have to be taken away; we have some portions of land that we have to reclaim to ensure that the rail line gets to the quayside, and that is what is more important than having those warehouses.”

She said not all the terminals would be affected by the demolition, adding, “But, indeed, what is important for port operations is to ensure that cargo is evacuated efficiently and we are deploying intermodal transportation system, and this is one of the steps in introducing rail to the quayside of all our terminals.

“So, I think this is important and imperative, and there is overriding public interest for the government to come and take over certain spaces for this development. Whatever we do, we are going to be mindful of port operations; we will ensure that the quayside is left available for operations while certain portions will be rehabilitated.”

Usman said there would be discussions with terminal operators who would be affected by the demolition to ensure that they were compensated.

She said, “After this inspection, we are going to have another meeting where we will determine the exact increase in scope that the project will have in view of this visit because this visit has expanded the scope to ensure that, for example, we are going to cover Greenview Development Nigeria Limited; we are going to look at expanding into Eko Support Services Limited.

“We are also going to look at providing direct quayside and sidings for Port and Terminal Multiservice Limited. So, all these aspects need to be completed and the numbers will be presented to the Honourable Minister, and in turn, he will make the necessary request for approval from the Federal Executive Council.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-ibadan-rail-fg-to-demolish-parts-of-apapa-port-terminals/

Photo Credits: Israel Ibeleme

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by FriendNG: 12:42am On Nov 17, 2018
Honourable Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Managing Director Nigerian Ports Authority, Hadiza Bala Usman and Managing Director Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria, During the Inspection of Lagos Section of Nigerian Railway Modernization Project at Apapa port, Lagos State.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by FriendNG: 12:42am On Nov 17, 2018
Honourabl Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi visit to Lagos Section of Nigerian Railway Modernization Project with Addendum2: (Lagos-Ibadan Section) with Extension to Lagos Port Apapa.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by FriendNG: 12:46am On Nov 17, 2018
Honourabl Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. H.E Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi meet with the steering committed on Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project with Extension to Lagos Port, Apapa.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Stocking: 12:46am On Nov 17, 2018
FriendNG:
booked
FriendNG:
anoher
Anywhere belle face na front .
Anything Sai baba does is right .
I stand with Buhari.
Sai baba till 2023

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Baawaa(m): 1:16am On Nov 17, 2018
PDP for good 16 years no tangible capital project what they know best is to loot.
Nigerians say no to Atikulooting

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by neyop85(m): 1:29am On Nov 17, 2018
Vote Integrity
Vote Transparency
Vote Accountability.

I am not 100% satisfied with Buhari, I believe there's a lot that still needs to be done but Buhari will lay the foundation for a better Nigeria. We will do away with the old ways of doing things, the old ways of corruption, sharing our common wealth and infrastructure neglect.
Open your eyes, vote wisely. Do not let these politicians divide us along ethnic and religious lines.

Vote Buhari till 2023 and see the beginning of the end of thieving politicians.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Yomboy4ever(m): 1:34am On Nov 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by kolaaderin: 1:38am On Nov 17, 2018
I m always in pains whenever I realize some Nigerians want PDP back in power. 16 years was a colossal waste with absolutely nothing from the Federal toward reinstalling sanity at Apapa port, Goods should be leaving the port via train not this madness of trailer everywhere all heading to the port.
PDP never dream of doing the train to the port and even the road was left in serious ruin, all they know how to do is to embezzle every funds on budget allocated to projects.

Lagos - Ibadan express road was started and completed during the military regime form start to finish with non existing path in just 3 years in the late 70s but the same road took PDP 16 agonizing years to add just a single extra lane and yet they could not complete it only to be shouting we started the project when this government is almost completing it.

Even Babangida as crazy as he is in thieving, Third mainland bridge is a fit constructed in just 4 years. 16 agonizing years PDP can not replace second Niger bridge as the east is stock with the same bridge the Britain built in the 60s.

Who ever want that thieving party back in Government are serious enemies of the state, Never again will they rule Us again, not Atiku that was even an active member of those looters.

126 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 2:07am On Nov 17, 2018
He said the purpose of the visit was to “see the challenges we have in taking both the narrow gauge and standard gauge into the seaport.”

This is good news. The rails will move 1.5 millions tons of cargo. The truck trailer park and warehouses are secondary. Even the dry ports wont be efficient till these rail lines work well.

They signed an agreement with Nigerian authorities in April to proceed with the interim phase of the narrow-gauge concession that is expected to grow freight haulage capacity in the country ten-fold to 500,000 metric tons annually.

They chinese need to get to site so the work can begin.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Yankee101: 2:17am On Nov 17, 2018
Small educated Chinese babe. Old Minister

When we go start to hand over to young people?

Ojukwu, Buhari, Gowon, Obasanjo....all came to power in their 30s.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Vixlot: 2:44am On Nov 17, 2018
PMB has achieved more in three years than 16 years of looting party PDP.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Auladimeji1: 4:00am On Nov 17, 2018
I hates Chinese.Please where can I pay the 18,000 naira I owned China angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by blesssingtime(m): 4:45am On Nov 17, 2018
All these for grinding machines they call trains

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 17, 2018
Hadiza and Amaechi, 2 thieves that are saints in buhari's kingdom. The third saint is gandollar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 17, 2018
neyop85:
Vote Integrity
Vote Transparency
Vote Accountability.

I am not 100% satisfied with Buhari, I believe there's a lot that still needs to be done but Buhari will lay the foundation for a better Nigeria. We will do away with the old ways of doing things, the old ways of corruption, sharing our common wealth and infrastructure neglect.
Open your eyes, vote wisely. Do not let these politicians divide us along ethnic and religious lines.

All these trash just to hype a thief. Your thief hyped a fellow thief that collected kickbacks meant for state projects and these were caught on camera.

A lot of you buhari supporters are thieves and are enemies to a prosperous nation

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Susu888(m): 5:03am On Nov 17, 2018
God bless Amaechi
God bless Buhari
We shall see the rise of a new country by ending of 2023.... God Bless Nigeria

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by buhariguy(m): 5:04am On Nov 17, 2018
Buhari till 2023.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2018
neyop85:
Vote Integrity
Vote Transparency
Vote Accountability.

You put it succinctly. My opinion too. I feel PMB can do more but he is the best candidate for now to usher us into a new age and retrench the PDP that is only about looting our commonwealth.

The election will be an anti-climax. Most Nigerians will pragmatically vote PMB. Atiku, with his unintelligent and corrupt talk, will only be supported passionately by IPOB in the end.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 17, 2018
FortifiedCity:
All these trash just to hype a thief. Your thief hyped a fellow thief that collected kickbacks meant for state projects and these were caught on camera.

A lot of you buhari supporters are thieves and are enemies to a prosperous nation

Try another line. Are they stealing around PMB? Sure. Are his appointees corrupt? Yes because looking for a government or political Party full of saints is simply impossible in the Nigeria of today..

Still, not many Nigerians, even those who hate PMB, will agree with you he is a thief. The man has lived his whole life in the public domain and has never shown the garish love of money and material wealth men like Atiku are obsessed with.

This is why Nigerians will stick with him. They know all is not perfect around PMB but they know he is slowly paving the way for a better future the PDP cannot be allowed to come back and destroy.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by cvibe2: 5:14am On Nov 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by buhariguy(m): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2018
Auladimeji1:
I hates Chinese.Please where can I pay the 18,000 naira I owned China angry
you are not owing them until they finish their good work

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 17, 2018
Oshigun:

Try another line. Are they stealing around PMB? Sure. Are his appointees corrupt? Yes because looking for a government or political Party full of saints is simply impossible in the Nigeria of today..

Still, not many Nigerians, even those who hate PMB, will agree with you he is a thief. The man has lived his whole life in the public domain and has never shown the garish love of money and material wealth men like Atiku are obsessed with.

This is why Nigerians will stick with him. They know all is not perfect around PMB but they know he is slowly paving the way for a better future the PDP cannot be allowed to come back and destroy.
I say this without any form of hatred, buhari is a very unresourceful person. On personal levels, he added no single to the life of an average Nigerian prior to his return as GCFR. He cannot multiply wealth for the benefit of others. That's why he appointed people who do not really have Nigerians at heart. Nigeria has people who can assist with building but the thief chose his siblings for the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Almaiga: 5:53am On Nov 17, 2018
Buhari/Jubril is always giving Atiku, Obi.tuary and the entire PDP sleepless nights, with news of quarlity infrastructure all over Nigeria.

Sai Baba

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by LegitHustler: 6:04am On Nov 17, 2018
See young Chinese who are building our infrastructure then i wonder do we have graduate in civil engineering abi them no teach them construction for school

Education in nigeria has failed

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Stocking: 6:54am On Nov 17, 2018
LegitHustler:
See young Chinese who are building our infrastructure then i wonder do we have graduate in civil engineering abi them no teach them construction for school

Education in nigeria has failed
Are you blind? Or you didn’t see many Nigerian engineers in the old threads about this same project?
Let’s call a spade a spade . Please

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2018
kolaaderin:
I m always in pains whenever I realize some Nigerians want PDP back in power. 16 years was a colossal waste with absolutely nothing from the Federal toward reinstalling sanity at Apapa port, Goods should be leaving the port via train not this madness of trailer everywhere all heading to the port.
PDP never dream of doing the train to the port and even the road was left in serious ruin, all they know how to do is to embezzle every funds on budget allocated to projects.

Lagos - Ibadan express road was started and completed during the military regime form start to finish with non existing path in just 3 years in the late 70s but the same road took PDP 16 agonizing years to add just a single extra lane and yet they could not complete it only to be shouting we started the project when this government is almost completing it.

Even Babangida as crazy as he is in thieving, Third mainland bridge is a fit constructed in just 4 years. 16 agonizing years PDP can not replace second Niger bridge as the east is stock with the same bridge the Britain built in the 60s.

Who ever want that thieving party back in Government are serious enemies of the state, Never again will they rule Us again, not Atiku that was even an active member of those looters.

Both APC and PDP should be sent to the ABYSS
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by GavelSlam: 7:18am On Nov 17, 2018
blesssingtime:
All these for grinding machines they call trains

See your computer screen as e big like X-ray machine.
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by buhariguy(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I say this without any form of hatred, buhari is a very unresourceful person. On personal levels, he added no single to the life of an average Nigerian prior to his return as GCFR. He cannot multiply wealth for the benefit of others. That's why he appointed people who do not really have Nigerians at heart. Nigeria has people who can assist with building but the thief chose his siblings for the job
minister of trade and commerce is buhari younger brother

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) by kenzysmith: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2018
The very Ist pic of ameachi is new meme discovered

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update::kano Kofar Ruwa Beautiful Underpass / Angry Passengers Beat Up Arik Manager At Lagos Airport (full Video) / Turkish Visa Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.