Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts (18512 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Aderewah: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2018
There was a mild confusion yesterday at the department of dramatic arts, Obafemi Awolowo university when the HOD, Dr Raji Wunmi openly caned some part three students. The HOD has been known for unguarded outbursts at students in the past.
After some signs of protest from students, the HOD hurriedly called a meeting and made an apology. Thereafter, the department has tried to cover up this shameful behaviour, telling students that they will bear the consequences if the matter gets out to the public.

Below is a screenshot of attempts to suppress the incident...

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by WinningEleven(m): 7:24am On Nov 17, 2018
Ok

7 Likes

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Stocking: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2018
Stupid HOD

5 Likes

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 17, 2018
It is too late.it was better it didn't get to this forum in the first place. That lecturer is an abusive being that is capable of killing

1 Like

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Tenn88: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2018
undecided
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Aderewah: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2018
asuustrike1:
It is too late.it was better it didn't get to this forum in the first place. That lecturer is an abusive being that is capable of killing

We need to bring light to things like this so that we can stop people like him. Do you know the man?
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by prince2much(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2018
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by eghuan1(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2018
In your word, it didn't happen but it has been settled. OK keep deceiving yourself that you're a student

3 Likes

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2018
Aderewah:

We need to bring light to things like this so that we can stop people like him. Do you know the man?
I don't know him

1 Like

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by HigherEd: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lalasticlala pls fp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by InansBobo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
If it's CU now, we won't hear word again oo grin

1 Like

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Opinionated: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Terrible.

With this kind of attitude, it is not surprising that OAU professors do poorly in this ranking.
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by therasper: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
shocked WHAT A WORLD
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by atikulated2019: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
If na me I go beat the yeye HOD to Oblivion... E no concern me if they rusticate me,,, aslong Jubril no get certificate pass me Am OK

3 Likes

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
cool

I'm not surprised anyway, it could be true. This is the only department where seniority is always prevalent among the students, followed closely by the Law department.

In a bid to make the students learn the Drama, Play and all they do in that department, the lecturer might try to initiate some kind of discipline.

It's wrong anyway and I'm glad the management already frowned at it but many are such going under the carpet in most of the private universities.

1 Like

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by NwaAmaikpe: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
shocked

Any student of Dramatic Arts flogged by their HOD who can't act like it never happened will never become a successful actor in life.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Na was ooooo. No be small tin.
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by hairybigdick: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
I see no reason why the HOD should be blamed for this

Some students lack manners and the only language they understand is force
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Uglymind: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Back then in madonna fr edeh flogs students jagaz
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by 9jaBloke: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
We will get to the bottom of this and the appropriate punishment will be meted out to the lecturer if found guilty.
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by WeyreyHunter: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
ok
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by ipobarethieves: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
All nah drama
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Johnmattee(m): 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
That one funny oo, why won't they be flogged, the kind of immatured minds being admitted into our Uni sef calls for concern. Nevertheless the act is uncalled for.
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
When has a Higher institution of learning become a secondary school.Is he trying to teach adults morals? Is clear to me that he is backward in his thinking.
Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by adamsfeyisayo: 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by divinelove(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Flogging in higher institutions in Nigeria is needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU HOD Flogs Students In Dramatic Arts by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Useless school with fools as lecturers. Spits on OAU

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session / OAU Students Kick Against ‘No Election Break’ Declaration / Eksu Best Graduating Student Bags Automatic Employment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.