Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It (1525 Views)

Safe Mode Blinks Then Laptop Shuts Down Automatically Help / My Laptop Shuts Down After Hours / Laptop Screen Changed Color While Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by youngstarlit(m): 7:48am On Nov 17, 2018
My Hp G60-235DX goes off few seconds after booting it. Sometimes, it takes few minutes and the same thing happens.

The default Windows is 7 but I upgraded to 10.

Please, what should I do?

Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2018
check if your fan still works
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by youngstarlit(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
check if your fan still works
Thanks. It still works.
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 17, 2018
youngstarlit:

Thanks. It still works.
did it start immediately you upgraded the windows if no, then clean your fan air way
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by youngstarlit(m): 9:39am On Nov 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
did it start immediately you upgraded the windows if no, then clean your fan air way

I bought the laptop 2 days ago, so it was upgraded at the point of purchase. So, I don't know how it was when it was in Windows 7.

I'll try that too, thanks
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by NoChill: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
CHESTER48:

I have the same problem oh, only that mine just trips off and turns on immediately
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by masterfactor(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
youngstarlit:
My Hp G60-235DX goes off few seconds after booting it. Sometimes, it takes few minutes and the same thing happens.

check if your laptop fan is accelerating normally. I had same problem with my laptop and I discover that the fan is not rotating as before, there is a drop in speed. So I changed it, voila the problem stop.
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by Vicrotica(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Okay, apart from the fan issue. Are you sure you are not infected by a malware? Someone with remote access to your computer can easily control it. They can turn it off and on from the server side..

How to check if you have been infected by a virus??

Info@owltechnologies.org
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by youngstarlit(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2018
I have gotten it. The 2 RAMs are moving at different speeds. So, I removed one for now and it is working fine.

I will replace it with one with the same speed and should work fine.
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by olucomf: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note4 (Screen) For Sale. 20k. 09081590182
Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2018
youngstarlit:

I bought the laptop 2 days ago, so it was upgraded at the point of purchase. So, I don't know how it was when it was in Windows 7.

I'll try that too, thanks

You bought a laptop 2 days ago and you're already complaining about it?

You don't have to come here to look for any solution all you have to do is take it back to the seller.

Simple.

2 Likes

Re: HELP - My Laptop Shuts Down Itself While I'm Using It by Greatzeus(m): 12:17am On Jan 01, 2019
youngstarlit:

I would have advised you to reinstall Windows 7,but since you just bought it, return it,that laptop is likely faulty. That's Nigeria for you,the seller knows the laptop is faulty,still went ahead to sell,just to make money, forgetting about the ordeal of the person that buys it.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! Visafone & Corbranet Ugo / Next Generation Security Password / MTN Unveils Latest Prices For Internet Data: May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.