Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. (34885 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / Woman Collapses After Fraudsters Stole N400k From Her Bank Account In Delta / How I Lost My Money Due To Bank Insecurity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Issame: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2018
There was confusion, yesterday, at a branch of UBA located at Chevron, Lekki, Lagos State, as a man collapsed after fraudsters emptied his account.

According to an eyewitness, the man revealed that he had initially visited the bank to inform the customer care unit to close his account, immediately after he lost his phone, but, according to him, nothing was done.

However, when he returned to the bank again, he discovered that all his money had been wiped off by the suspected fraudsters who got hold of his SIM card through his lost phone.

The man, who demanded a refund from the bank, said he worked so hard for the money and at a point, he became so devastated that he collapsed.

WATCH VIDEO

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/11/uba-customer-collapses-after-losing-money-due-to-alleged-banks-negligence-video/

1 Share

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Issame: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2018

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2018
shocked
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by DEXTROVERT: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2018
I
Don't
Do
Useless
PIGGIBANK
UBA

better
With
GTB
ZENITH
FIRST BANK

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by BennyDGreat: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2018
Ahhhhh wahala
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by MicNz(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
He should have withdrawn all his money before demanding for a closure of the account.

Financial service providers are not allowed to close accounts containing customers' money therein.

I just hope he recovers from this sha...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by nawtyme: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
Just check my signature.

Very Useless bank

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by NOC1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
He should get a good lawyer, ask for the photocopy of the form he submitted asking for the account to be blocked, with the date it was signed you will know and compare it with the date of the tranfer via your account details.
Naturally without a lawyer you will get your money if you disturb the bank.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Stalwert: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Truly the bank should be forced to reimburse his money. Neglegent staff would blame his stewpidity on government. So sad.

38 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by EricBloodAxe: 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Dude should sue the bank seriously for financial and emotional damages. Such lackadaisical attitude from the bank management cost him his health and life savings.

16 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by doctokwus: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
So how did they get hold of his bank username and password.
I once got my phone stolen with the sim and for 5days till i did welcome back,nothing happened to the account.
Also lost my ATM card and didn't bother blocking it,yet nothing happened till it was replaced.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by atikulated2019: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
jubril you see your economy you working on since

3 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by NwaAmaikpe: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
shocked

He is on his own.
The bank has zero liability in this case.
I'm even suspecting he connived with himself to defraud himself and frameup the bank to pay.

He is just lucky.
It is better to collapse in a bank than to collapse in the mortuary.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by SIMPLYkush: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
nice
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by papiwyte(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin cheesy grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Liamm(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
G
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by spartan50(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
Uba one of the most useless bank in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by latsy: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
doctokwus:
So how did they get hold of his bank username and password.
I once got my phone stolen with the sim and for 5days till i did welcome back,nothing happened to the account.
Also lost my ATM card and didn't bother blocking it,yet nothing happened till it was replaced.
You were lucky!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Boyooosa(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
They should just compensate him...
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin grin grin

O boy!

1 Like

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
cry cry

1 Like

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by JuanDeDios: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
MicNz:
He should have withdrawn all his money before demanding for a closure of the account.

Financial service providers are not allowed to close accounts containing customers' money therein.

I just hope he recovers from this sha...
They couldn't have closed it with money inside. I'm sure he meant disable all electronic transactions.

4 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
Banks should implement a kill switch on all accounts........ It's very easy to implement, the moment you realize something is not right, log online and toggle kill switch.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by fatymore(f): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sue them. Abeg... I remembered when I lost my two Atm card.. I quickly blocked them immediately on their mobile apps... No time for iregbe...

3 Likes

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Houseofglam7(f): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
This is kinda funny
Sorry guys cheesy
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Kenekingisback: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Buhari sef shocked

1 Like

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by seunlayi(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Buhari

1 Like

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by amstardi: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
UBA was my first banking institution,straight into my teenage years. Used them till 2010, when the worst happened.

I was in Accra Ghana with my ATM, and someone used that same ATM to empty my account at an ATM in igando Lagos.

I came back to Nigeria and headed straight to their agbara branch, and I remember there was a heated exchange , and I almost bit off the nipples of one thughish lady accountant.

I did not recover my money and UBA didn't recover my confidence ..I left the bank forever

29 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest The Student That Brought Gun & Teargas To School In Port-Harcourt / Yomi Shogunle Kept His Children In UK - Nigerians Call Out ACP / One Of The Seven Nigerian Men Arrested For Robbery In Abu Dhabi Pleads Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.