Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business (4727 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman / Invest In Yam Marketing And Get Good Monthly Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
I'm currently running a project in a village here in Niger state that will keep me here for a while, one unique thing I noticed about this people is that about 90% of their population are into farming. particularly yam which is very cheap compare to towns and urban areas.

if you are interested I could help you buy and get it delivered anywhere in Nigeria.

also the market prices fluctuates Hence, I'll be updating on current prices per 100 pieces of yam I.e one kwarya as they do call it here.

contact me via. 0 8 0 3 4 2 7 5 5 7 0

cc knostbrown01
keziehenry
kamkamdd
Gospel367 come in.

2 Likes

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Cation25(m): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
How much is a kwarai there...with pictures of the sizes
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Cation25:
How much is a kwarai there...with pictures of the sizes
Tuesdays is their market day and as at last Tuesday, kwarya of the below picture of yam was sold at 29,000. plus the price may reduce or increase next Tuesday as it constantly fluctuates.

1 Like

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2018
I will contact u

1 Like

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Politicowizard(m): 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
I would like us to contact you. Reach me on uchedan.ud@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 10:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Politicowizard:
I would like us to contact you. Reach me on uchedan.ud@gmail.com
sent you a mail.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
19/11/2018

Tomorrow is another market day, the farmers have started bringing their yam today monday and some of them often sell to the middle men I.e dillalai as they call them here at cheap prices. therefore, any buyer that is buying on Tuesday tomorrow may be buying from the dillalai not the original farmers.

note that: the price am going to be updating is the price at which the farmers sells to the dillalai who in turn sell to gain profit.

I will update the price (per 100 pieces and size) tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2018
A kworia of Yam N29k, is your Kworia up to 100 Tubers? Wanlahi Naijeria yab spoil for a Kworia of that size of yam to be sold at N29k. Something that shouldn't be more than N20k
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by sirfarouk(m): 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gideon20:
19/11/2018

Tomorrow is another market day, the farmers have started bringing their yam today monday and some of them often sell to the middle men I.e dillalai as they call them here at cheap prices. therefore, any buyer that is buying on Tuesday tomorrow may be buying from the dillalai not the original farmers.

note that: the price am going to be updating is the price at which the farmers sells to the dillalai who in turn sell to gain profit.

I will update the price (per 100 pieces and size) tomorrow.

Will the farmers be there tomorrow or just the middlemen?
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
sirfarouk:

Will the farmers be there tomorrow or just the middlemen?
of course they will, in fact some farmers do prefer selling directly while some prefer the middle men to avoid delays.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
20/11/2018

Today kwarya (100 pieces of yam) was sold at N14,000 and N28,000 respectively (FARMERS PRICE).

contact me via whatsapp on 08071063116

1 Like

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
A kworia of Yam N29k, is your Kworia up to 100 Tubers? Wanlahi Naijeria yab spoil for a Kworia of that size of yam to be sold at N29k. Something that shouldn't be more than N20k
like i said its not a fixed price it fluctuates, some times increase or decrease for instance the the same size of yam was sold around N14,000 today.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by yolkman20: 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Hi, I'm really interested in this business. You can mail me on yolkman20@ gmail.com if you're genuine and for real. I await your beep. Thanks
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by otunbacarter(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2018
How can I reach you
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
otunbacarter:
How can I reach you
my number is there you can call me.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
The price is stable this week, if you are interested I can help you buy and deliver to any where in Nigeria.

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by saintchibu(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
Gideon20:
The price is stable this week, if you are interested I can help you buy and deliver to any where in Nigeria.
How much will it take to deliver to Aba in Abia State and how long do you intend staying there?
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 12:06am On Nov 30, 2018
saintchibu:

How much will it take to deliver to Aba in Abia State and how long do you intend staying there?
I will be staying for a longer time, will get back to you as regards the cost of delivery.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by dejitenaj(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
Op, you didnt update us with price last Tuesday. I hope you are okay though. Please what is the name of the market?

Gideon20:
I will be staying for a longer time, will get back to you as regards the cost of delivery.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2018
11/12/2018

Am sorry for not updating last week, I have been really busy.

The price this week was a bit higher compare to the previous weeks, today a kwarya of yam that used to go for 14 to 15k was sold between 22 to 23k, and the ones that goes for 28k to 30k per kwarya were sold between 38 to 40k also the biggest sizes that went for 50k per kwarya is now sold at 55 to 60k.

The high in price is as a result of the Christmas season but its going to stabilize buy January.

1 Share

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2018
dejitenaj:
Op, you didnt update us with price last Tuesday. I hope you are okay though. Please what is the name of the market?

been busy lately, I base in sarkin pawa market but there are other yam markets like chibani, garatu, gwada, Kuchi and the rest.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Atlanticfire: 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nice thread.

Do you know the average weight of each yam. Will be nice if we can get the cost per kg

1 Like

Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Splinz(m): 11:01am On Jan 14, 2019
Hello Gideon, good job!

So, like how many kwarya will make up one full truck and cost of transportation down to Lagos?

Thanks.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2019
Splinz:
Hello Gideon, good job!

So, like how many kwarya will make up one full truck and cost of transportation down to Lagos?

Thanks.
sorry for the late response, i have been so busy lately which is why i hardly update the thread. As for your question, i deal with J5 bus and there is small and big J5.

small j5 can carry maximum of 8 to 9 kwarya while the big j5 can carry 11 to 12 kwarya all depending on the size of yam. each kwarya using j5 bus is N7000 to N8000 depending on the size of yam and its negotiable.

But transporting yam using truck to Lagos mile 12 is more cheaper, each kwarya using truck is N3000 to N4000 depending on the size of the truck like the one in the pics above. Regards
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
I have been so busy lately, yam is basically cheap now and this is the best time to buy and store yam.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by bigiyaro(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Gideon20:
I have been so busy lately, yam is basically cheap now and this is the best time to buy and store yam.
can yam be stored? how?do you know anything about selling the yams in Lagos or PH?
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by LKO(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Gideon20:

What is current price and transport cost to Warri, Delta State.

Yams are presently cheap in Warri, the Aboki who sells in Wheel barrow sells a big size of yam for 350 to 400 naira.

I don't know how profitable the business would be for me considering the cheapness of yams in Warri at the moment.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
bigiyaro:
can yam be stored? how?do you know anything about selling the yams in Lagos or PH?
yam can be stored for a specific period of time. so far i have deliver to only few people in lagos and i don't know how they sell it there, all i do is to buy and deliver. But one thing i know for sure is that those guys are making it there.
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by mymoneygrows(f): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
Gideon20:

How much is yam going for now?
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by omo17(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
The issue is how much can this yam be resold and the profitability
Re: Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business by Gideon20(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
LKO:

What is current price and transport cost to Warri, Delta State.

Yams are presently cheap in Warri, the Aboki who sells in Wheel barrow sells a big size of yam for 350 to 400 naira.

I don't know how profitable the business would be for me considering the cheapness of yams in Warri at the moment.
You can make a lot even though you think the yam seems cheap to you in warri, you can even store it and sell when its cost. Here most of the people i supply to are from Kaduna. In fact 40% of dealers in the market are from Kaduna state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Much 10,000 Zambian Kwacha Is In Naira / E-currency Market For Port Harcourt Residents Only!! / How To Register Your Company With Corporate Affairs Commission (cac)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.