Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (22530 Views)

The Rapture Will Happen Suddenly : Urgent End time Prophecy Updates!! / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2022
alBHAGDADI:
Yes, we are facing tribulations, but the great tribulation hasn't started. It cannot start until the Antichrist is unveiled.
the antichrist is already unveiled.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2023
joshnnanna:
You need to study more.

The Church of Jesus Christ will be raptured in glory sometime soon. But those who didn't really believe our message now that we are sharing it will be forced to believe becos of the rapture.

Then they will be the ones who will face this great tribulation becos the constraining power of evil in this world (which is the church and the holy spirit) would have left by then (rapture) thereby giving Satan a field day to torment those who still identify with Jesus.
With everything he quoted from the bible, you're still blind even though you have eyes... its well...
I used to believe in pretribulation also , but I couldn't argue with the bible when facts where shown to me, I put the bible before my personal believe, or how do you unwrite when Jesus said IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION, HE'LL COME ... HOW?
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:44am On Apr 27, 2023
DONADAMS:
it is already happening oh..or how do we explain this hardship we are facing in this country currently?
People in frying pan don't know they're enjoying until they're put in fire
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:46am On Apr 27, 2023
oloriLFC:
God bless you. Rapture first, then the great tribulation
Show me where the bible says before the tribulation, he said after, and you want to change it?
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:51am On Apr 27, 2023
oruma19:
u are right. we have been hearing strange things since we were small. there were years in the past that they said the rapture would take place and nothing happened. Christianity as a religion is full of confusion and lies, unless we know Christ personally and leave this strange thing called religion introduced by white people, we shall continue to wallow in ignorance and retrogression. The only thing that can give u a blessed assurance is love for God and love for ur neighbor. when we die, we shall understand that just as we do not know where we come from, so we shall not know where we will go. Just as we did not exist before we were born, so we shall not exist after we die. God takes back the spirit he deposited in us and the body goes back to becoming dust. end of story. He did not create us to come and go to hell fire as they keep telling us. one Nigerian G.O even said we cannot go to heaven if we dont pay tithe to him...meanwhile he keeps creating his own heaven here buy using the tithes and offerings to buy luxury houses and toys...Christianity is a scam,fear God and keep His commandments, that's all we need. Jesus is Lord.

Don't talk against the GO, that city will harbour many refugees when the great tribulation comes and other churches needs to get their own camps and cities too
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Christianityis no foreignreligion, its an African story, as well as rhe world, ...
My question, why did your sango not save you when the whites came... don't fool yourself.
mywells:
Its so sad to let you guys out there knows that christianity and muslim are foreign religion,thats why we have corruptions every where.No fear of God at heart again women dressess to church as if they are going to clubs,no custodian for the traditional religion,no sango,no obatala and so on,or our leaders are place to swear on these gods i know thunder could have strikes all of them,its just a shamefull religion we are practising in this country,check china and india they dont have christianity they are strictly with their gods and they worship it where ever they are ,not in this shit hole rule by lifeless one.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:56am On Apr 27, 2023
Ataegbiti:
Albhagdadi my broda, I m not with you on this. For starters, a pre or post tribulation view of rapture is not a fundamental of the Christian faith. What is most important is salvation thru Christ alone, thru faith alone. It seems to me me that we are agreed on that and I can call u 'broda'.
Now on the tribulation. I wish I had the time to use the Bible to back up my stance but I don't. It is a wont of time, not of biblical fact.
A careful study of the Bible will reveal that Jesus will 'return' to earth twice. First for His church, and then, to church the rest of the world.
On His First return, believers will be caught up into d clouds, out of the earth to meet him. We would be with him for 7 years. In that 7 years will the tribulation be. At end of the 7 years, He will then, along with His saints, physically descend to the mount olives, the exact same spot that He ascended. This will be a global event. The whole world will witness it. It will be the fulfilment of what the angels told the onlooking Apostles wen Christ ascended - that this same man u saw being taken up, u will also see him come down again.
We will reign with Him on the earth for a thousand years.
There's no sense in subjecting Christ's church to the wrath of God. For that is what the tribulation is! God's wrath on people hu chose not to believe the claims of Jesus the messiah. For we, the church, weren't appointed on to wrath. 1 Thessalonians 5:9.
By aligning with Christ, we will not have to experience God's wrath in any form. God will be unfair to Christ, the whole point of calvary will be defeated if God still has to punish us
I hope we all grow to maturity on this matter.
God bless you.
You couldn't quote somewhere from the bible to back that up, just your believe.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 6:58am On Apr 27, 2023
am4truth
post=73074033:

Hmmm.
The OP missed it. First of all, for those that think the rapture is the imagination of western people, you are wrong. the scripture describes it as caught up, that is sudden disappearance.

I Thess: 4: 16 and 17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Note the bolded words caught up.. Rapture is real, get prepared...Stop scamming, live a real life, be a blessing and not a curse. Love people and don't use and abandon them like a sanitary pad.

Jesus loves you

How will someone prefer to hold a doctrine than to follow what the bible says , I used to believe I pre tribulation, but it's bible college lies... no bible verses to back it up.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:05am On Apr 27, 2023
oloriLFC:
please leave them alone and let them argue. Tribulation is coming immediately after rapture of the saints and the suffering as the bible puts it is something that has never been witnessed before. That is when the anti-christ will unleash mayhem on the world. Those who accepts the mark of the beast will be allowed to buy and sell, enjoy health facilities etc but those who do not accept will be found and killed in all manner of ways. By so doing, they have redeemed themselves with their blood cos grace no longer works then. They will then make heaven. Those with the mark of the beast are already doomed for hell. There is also the Millennium reign of Christ where the devil will be thrown in the bottomless pit for a thousand years.
You you just wroooooteeee without showing us anywhere in the bible to support this claim, how do you ignore raw reading form the bible, okay, are you correcting Jesus for saying he will come after the tribulation?
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2023
linearity:

This is my believe too.

The OP is mixing the Rapture and the second coming of Christ together. These are two distinct and different events, and one, the rapture will happen before the tribulation and the other, the second coming will happen after the tribulations.

In one, the rapture; Christians will be caught up to meet the Lord in the Air and there will be no Saints vs Anti-Christ war....but, for the second coming, the Bible say, he will descend with tens thousands of saint on mount Olive, then the battle of Armageddon will ensure after which He will establish his millennium reign, and rule the world with his saints for the thousand years, after which there will be judgement. Also during the rapture Christ will not be visible to all men, only to Christians who will be caught up...it is going to be a silent event with visible after effects in other people will be missing, there will be lots of pains, catastrophe, etc.

The tribulation is not met for Christians, but unprepared Christians will pass through and anyone saved, must pay with their blood, as the dispensation of Grace will be no more. The tribulation is specifically designed to bring the Jews back to God and for them to believe in Christ. They will be so persecuted that, just like of old, they will turn to God, repair the altars, offer sacrifices and repentance to God amid their persecution and it is at the height of this that the second coming will occur with Christ visibly desecending from the skies with thousands of his saints who were raptured few years ago and they will fight the anti-Christ and his army and defeat them.

You're just talking, see I'm ready to go back to believing pre tribulation, but no one has ever proven it with the bible, just metaphors... quote bible for us to back your claim up...
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 7:12am On Apr 27, 2023
Mysteriousworld:

You're just talking, see I'm ready to go back to believing pre tribulation, but no one has ever proven it with the bible, just metaphors... quote bible for us to back your claim up...

My brother, just ask these funny pretribulation rapture believers this question.

If the “LAST” trumpet would be blown before the great tribulation, what should we call the 7 trumpet judgments in the book of Revelation - Trumpets after the “LAST” trumpet?

Keyword: “LAST”

Also tell them to read 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4 slowly.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Great job... op
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:30am On Apr 27, 2023
You made good point, but rapture is still post tribulation.
This is it, those that came out of the great tribulation in revelation 7 , are the same that were spoken about in revelation 6, the 5th seal, who are they? the same ones that where killed in the previous seal, the 4th seal,the pale horse, the 4th seal is the first part of the 7 years, its going to be a religious war triggered from Israel, ww3.... the color pale, yellowish green or greenish yellow, is the color for jihad, the 4th part of the earth is America, before America was called America, it used to be referred to as the 4th part of the earth.
we're in the 3rd seal of revelation... global economic crisis that will lead to a global digital currency btw now and the end of the decade, the first two seals have passed.
I'm sorry I'm not going into details, I'll make a post today and explain, but In short... the 7th seal is the other half of the great tribulation, after which the beast enters the temple.

[quote author=FirePower1 post=73088573]There is no need for arguments, there are two separate events that could be referred to as the great tribulation in the Book Of Revelation, one is greater and more severe than the other.

The first one is recorded in Revelation 5:1-8:1, and it is regulated by the opening of the seven seals. It is for the trial of the saints.
Revelation 7:13-14 KJV
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? [14] And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The second is record in Revelation 8:2-10:4, it is regulated by the blowing of the trumpets. It is the recompense of trouble to the wicked.
Revelation 9:20-21 KJV
And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: [21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

2 Thessalonians 1:6 KJV
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Please do all you can now to endure the trial of the saint and avoid the judgment of the wicked
James 1:12 KJV
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Hebrews 10:31 KJV
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

May God bless and uphold you till the end in Jesus Christ Name.
[/quote

You made good point, but rapture is still pre tribulation.
This is it, those that came out of the great tribulation in revelation 7 , are the same that were spoken about in revelation 6, the 5th seal, who are they? the same ones that where killed in the previous seal, the 4th seal,the pale horse, the 4th seal is the first part of the 7 years, its going to be a religious war triggered from Israel, ww3.... the color pale, yellowish green or greenish yellow, is the color for jihad, the 4th part of the earth is America, before America was called America, it used to be referred to as the 4th part of the earth.
we're in the 3rd seal of revelation... global economic crisis that will lead to a global digital currency btw now and the end of the decade, the first two seals have passed.
I'm sorry I'm not going into details, I'll make a post today and explain, but In short... the 7th seal is the other half of the great tribulation, after which the beast enters the temple.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2023
Honesty007:

u r wrong,the rapture is not the same as the day of the lord which
And you have no where to show in the bible that the OP is wrong, I guess you're wronger or wrongest

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2023
brodalokie:

It took years of classes and studies to understand or see the picture. Even if I post a verse, it will not change anything. But if you want to have private classes I have time. No problem. They are not just a fantasy. I don't mind your word sha
It truly takes lots of classes to be brainwashed, but it takes reading the bible to quote what christ said, "immediately after the tribulation of those days will you see the son of man coming in the clouds, and he shall ask his angel to gather his elect"
Pls change that .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Bigman1000: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Mysteriousworld:

How will someone prefer to hold a doctrine than to follow what the bible says , I used to believe I pre tribulation, but it's bible college lies... no bible verses to back it up.
there is a bible verse that back it up. The rapture will take place when the antichrist will be in the world
2 Thesselonians 2:3
Although there will be tribulation at that moment but not intense like the GREAT TRIBULATION just as the world is experiencing right now, THEN, the RAPTURE takes place and You and I shall be changed into glory to meet the LORD in the sky

for more details read 2 thess 2 vs 1~12
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2023
AsapBentley:
No sir! You misconstrued Revelations 3:10-11. There has never been anytime God takes His children out of tribulations, He only protects them or insulates them against the tribulation or trial. Refer to the Israelites in Egypt, God never took them out while they were suffering, all He did was to make sure they thrived by reproducing more. Also when the ten plagues held sway, they were still in Egypt but the Glory of God insulated them while still in Egypt. Refer also to Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fire, Daniel in the lion's den and many more examples littered across scripture. God does not operate that way by airlifting elects or saints away from tribulation, He only gives grace to ensure. (1 Corinthians 10:13). The notion of a pre-tribulation rapture only has the effect of raising weak and complacent Christians who have been taught about an easy Christian life devoid of tribulation, so when the great tribulation comes, they skedaddle. Jesus Christ Himself said in Mark 10:29-30 that, " And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake,, and the gospel's, But, he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. (KJV). Open your eyes!quote author=linearity post=73084586]

My Dear Friend,

I did not say that, the Second Coming of Christ is two events. You can go back and carefully read my prior post. What I stated is that, the Rapture is a distinct and separate even from the Second Coming of Christ, with each taking place on either side of the timeline of the Great tribulation.

And these two events have strong scriptural backing from Zechariah, Isaiah the prophet to Revelation, you just have to be deliberate when you read them to pick up the differences...

The passage you cited above in Mathew talks about the Second Coming of Christ, it said the Lord will be coming and all tribe shall see him and mourn, and his angels shall go to all ends of the earth to gather his elects. Zechariah 14:4 said his feet shall touch Mount Olive during this time, and it is clear that, the gathering refer to in Mathew is towards Mount Olive, where the feet of Christ will touch upon. And it is logical to reason that, it was the second coming and Zechariah's professes that, was in the mind of the disciples, when they came to ask him to tell them the signs of the end of time, because Jesus was on mount Olive, when the disciple approached him with this question and he explained it them, right there on mount Olive. Revelation chapters 6-19 also talk about the second coming of Christ.

However, the passage you quoted in Thessalonian talks about the Rapture, you see how it stated that, the dead saints shall rise, no dead saint shall rise during the second coming, if you read Revelation, question was asked about the dead saints who died during the tribulation and the response is, that will wait...Also see that, Thessalonian say, the Lord shall be in the Air, he did not descend into mount Olive and the saints will be caught up to meet him in the Air and see how Thessalonian did not mention any war, no darkening of moon, sun, no mourning, no crying, etc as indicated in Mathew.

There are more differences with scripture references:
At the Rapture, believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the Air (1 Thess 4:17), but at the Second Coming, believers will return with the Lord to the earth (Rev 19:14).

The Rapture is imminent, it could take place any moment , instant and no man, only God in heaven knows when it will happen (1 Cor 15:50-54, Math 24:44, Tit 2:13; 1 Thess 4:13-18); However, the Second Coming will not occur until other end-time events have happened and it will occur after the tribulation has lasted seven (7) years(Rev 1:7, Matt 24:29-30).

Rev 3:10-11; says Christ shall protect believers from the tribulation that shall come upon all the world and He will do this through the Rapture by taking them out of the scene.

The Rapture is a time of reward and blessings to believers, while the second coming is a time of judgement and for the anti-christ and unbelievers who joined him. Jesus and the saints will not be involved in any conflict, no war, etc during the rapture...there will be war during the second coming.

During the rapture, He will come like a thief in the night, if you read mathew again; all eyes will see him, the moon, sun, etc will be darken...that is not exactly like a thief...so that is a separate event than the rapture being described in mathew verses you cited.

To come to my position, read every account of the endtime events talking about Christ's coming as documented in Zechariah, Isaiah, Cor. Thess. & Revelation and study them side-by-side, you will conclude that, all these passages are not talking about one return event. You can even draw up a triage table of the differences and you will conclude that, two distinct events are being described.

You keep explaining Zechariah , why not quote Zechariah and let Zechariah explain him self, the way Jesus plainly expressed... that he will come after the great tribulation. Your imaginations are metaphors..
So because Paul didn't talk about war, ? But he talked about the abomination of desolation , so what is desolation?
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2023
AsapBentley:
[The Holy Spirit will never teach you outside the Word of God (Jesus Christ)!quote]
You seem to have this mindset that the bible must state everything explicitly before its existence or genuineness can be proven. This is a carnal mindset and it gives no room for an effective reception of the holy spirit's teachings.

If God created heaven and earth, all living things , it's not hard for him to give us a simple message , he's no author of confusion.
Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 8:02am On Apr 27, 2023
God bless you!

OkCornel:

My brother, just ask these funny pretribulation rapture believers this question.

If the “LAST” trumpet would be blown before the great tribulation, what should we call the 7 trumpet judgments in the book of Revelation - Trumpets after the “LAST” trumpet?

Keyword: “LAST”

Also tell them to read 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4 slowly.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2023
AsapBentley:
No sir! You misconstrued Revelations 3:10-11. There has never been anytime God takes His children out of tribulations, He only protects them or insulates them against the tribulation or trial. Refer to the Israelites in Egypt, God never took them out while they were suffering, all He did was to make sure they thrived by reproducing more. Also when the ten plagues held sway, they were still in Egypt but the Glory of God insulated them while still in Egypt. Refer also to Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fire, Daniel in the lion's den and many more examples littered across scripture. God does not operate that way by airlifting elects or saints away from tribulation, He only gives grace to ensure. (1 Corinthians 10:13). The notion of a pre-tribulation rapture only has the effect of raising weak and complacent Christians who have been taught about an easy Christian life devoid of tribulation, so when the great tribulation comes, they skedaddle. Jesus Christ Himself said in Mark 10:29-30 that, " And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake,, and the gospel's, But, he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. (KJV). Open your eyes!quote author=linearity post=73084586]

My Dear Friend,

I did not say that, the Second Coming of Christ is two events. You can go back and carefully read my prior post. What I stated is that, the Rapture is a distinct and separate even from the Second Coming of Christ, with each taking place on either side of the timeline of the Great tribulation.

And these two events have strong scriptural backing from Zechariah, Isaiah the prophet to Revelation, you just have to be deliberate when you read them to pick up the differences...

The passage you cited above in Mathew talks about the Second Coming of Christ, it said the Lord will be coming and all tribe shall see him and mourn, and his angels shall go to all ends of the earth to gather his elects. Zechariah 14:4 said his feet shall touch Mount Olive during this time, and it is clear that, the gathering refer to in Mathew is towards Mount Olive, where the feet of Christ will touch upon. And it is logical to reason that, it was the second coming and Zechariah's professes that, was in the mind of the disciples, when they came to ask him to tell them the signs of the end of time, because Jesus was on mount Olive, when the disciple approached him with this question and he explained it them, right there on mount Olive. Revelation chapters 6-19 also talk about the second coming of Christ.

However, the passage you quoted in Thessalonian talks about the Rapture, you see how it stated that, the dead saints shall rise, no dead saint shall rise during the second coming, if you read Revelation, question was asked about the dead saints who died during the tribulation and the response is, that will wait...Also see that, Thessalonian say, the Lord shall be in the Air, he did not descend into mount Olive and the saints will be caught up to meet him in the Air and see how Thessalonian did not mention any war, no darkening of moon, sun, no mourning, no crying, etc as indicated in Mathew.

There are more differences with scripture references:
At the Rapture, believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the Air (1 Thess 4:17), but at the Second Coming, believers will return with the Lord to the earth (Rev 19:14).

The Rapture is imminent, it could take place any moment , instant and no man, only God in heaven knows when it will happen (1 Cor 15:50-54, Math 24:44, Tit 2:13; 1 Thess 4:13-18); However, the Second Coming will not occur until other end-time events have happened and it will occur after the tribulation has lasted seven (7) years(Rev 1:7, Matt 24:29-30).

Rev 3:10-11; says Christ shall protect believers from the tribulation that shall come upon all the world and He will do this through the Rapture by taking them out of the scene.

The Rapture is a time of reward and blessings to believers, while the second coming is a time of judgement and for the anti-christ and unbelievers who joined him. Jesus and the saints will not be involved in any conflict, no war, etc during the rapture...there will be war during the second coming.

During the rapture, He will come like a thief in the night, if you read mathew again; all eyes will see him, the moon, sun, etc will be darken...that is not exactly like a thief...so that is a separate event than the rapture being described in mathew verses you cited.

To come to my position, read every account of the endtime events talking about Christ's coming as documented in Zechariah, Isaiah, Cor. Thess. & Revelation and study them side-by-side, you will conclude that, all these passages are not talking about one return event. You can even draw up a triage table of the differences and you will conclude that, two distinct events are being described.

Per Revelation 3 v 10-11, you have taken a message specifically for the Philadelphia church and claimed it applies to all believers in order to support pretribulation rapture doctrine.

Kindly look at Revelation 2 v 8-11 which refers to the Smyrna church. They had an excellent report just like the Philadelphia church, but Christ didn’t promise them protection from tribulation. Why aren’t you discussing that one as well? Bias?

Revelation 2 v 8-11;
8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. 👉I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death👈, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Cc: Mysteriousworld

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 8:23am On Apr 27, 2023
Bigman1000:
there is a bible verse that back it up. The rapture will take place when the antichrist will be in the world
Although there will be tribulation at that moment but not intense like the GREAT TRIBULATION just as the world is experiencing right now, THEN, the RAPTURE takes place and You and I shall be changed into glory to meet the LORD in the sky

2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and 👉our being gathered to him👈, we ask you, brothers and sisters,

2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for 👉that day will not come until👈 the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

From the above passages (read the bolded parts slowly), Apostle Paul clearly mentioned believers would not be gathered to Christ (what y’all call “rapture”) until the man of lawlessness is revealed and proclaims himself as God in God’s temple.

Where did Paul mention believers will be gathered unto Christ before the great tribulation?

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 8:34am On Apr 27, 2023
Bigman1000:

Same rapture that will take place at the “LAST” trumpet abi?

1 Corinthians 15 v 52-53;

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—

52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, 👉at the last trumpet👈. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

If the last trumpet happens after the great tribulation, what will you call the 7 trumpets in the book of Revelation? Trumpets after the “LAST” Trumpet?

As the word “LAST” implies - no trumpet after this one.

Paul was explaining Matthew 24 v 29-31, as there is no trumpet after that one (last trumpet)

29 “👉Immediately after the distress of those days👈
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

31 And he will send his angels with 👉a loud trumpet call👈, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

In the words of Christ This will happen “Immediately after the distress of those days” (great tribulation).

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 8:48am On Apr 27, 2023
Mysteriousworld:
Great job... op

Yep, he did a good job.

I also wrote something on the second coming of Christ. You might wanna have a look and share your thoughts?

https://www.nairaland.com/7016514/jesus-not-return-until-these

1 Like

Re: The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation by Mysteriousworld: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2023
I've read it and it only makes you seem like a liar, why not post it yourself and read it word for word.
Let's not have a strong mind.
I'm ready to believe in pretribulation once again, only if someone shows me somewhere in the bible.... I can't believe anyone but the bible.
It says after.

Bigman1000:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help!!!!i Want To Download Oluwa Mi Yio Dide / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. / T.B Joshua Prophecy: President Mugabe Dying In Singapore Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.