Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month (31125 Views)

Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running / How Much Rent Can You Afford In Ibadan? / To Let: 2 Bedroom Flat + Study At Ijegun, Lagos. Rent Is 300k Per Annum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by xelowpage: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Let me tell you how to get free 120k yearly.

DONT PAY TITHE to any Pastor or Church.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Pearl05(f): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2018
haladadon:
I earn 194K and I don't even have a house, I squat with my uncle. I'm afraid of even spending the money. I used to sleep on the streets before with street kids.

now I don't want to leave my old lifestyle. only my dad knows I have a job. no one else knows.

renting a house is not worth it, you'll soon get lonely looking for who to marry and all that stuff.

Poverty is a thing of the mind. You are indeed a pauper. Your are too stingy for your good.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2018
marshborn:

Thanks bro

3 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Tizu(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2018
In school I was taught in National Income Accounting class that you are not supposed to spend more than 10% of your income on rent. Or else other things like education, health care, autonomous savings and recreation will suffer.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Buffalowings3(m): 8:34am On Nov 22, 2018
AroOkigbo:
Your annual rent should not be more than your 2 months salary.
So you are already on the high side.
Again, the 3 months may still fly when you consider living near your place of work.
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Meklex(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2018
cnonyechi:
funny enough in reality its not seen dat way i earn less dan 70k a month married with 3 kids my husband does bussiness (electronics) my rent in Festac is 400k kids termly fees 124k and den der is feeding, electricity, transport, clothing, travel and other expenses. but they r all met timely. My kids are well infact over fed they have every gadget they need to be happy.
Infact typing this just made me realise dat God has been sustaining i and my Family and i give him the praise. So its not about the mathematics in it becos all dos calculations can fail u its about ur standing with God. phil.4 - 19.
Am not making the money but am living the life through the grace of the Almighty God.
And i still SAVE.
NOTE
I have never spent more than 2000 for treatment and hospital for my kids. From January till date i and my family have never been to d hospital.
ITS ALL GOD THE GREAT PROVIDER AND PROTECTOR
you didn't say how much your husband make grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by trevorhorace(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2018
Depends on your money management and financial intelligence skills. Your rent is not that high if you know how to increase your income with the remaining 900k you'll earn this year and living within your means while at it.
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by AleAirHub(m): 8:39am On Nov 22, 2018
Sir.
I totally disagreed with your opinion & its better you face the early stage of dance than later. Period cool
haladadon:
I earn 194K and I don't even have a house, I squat with my uncle. I'm afraid of even spending the money. I used to sleep on the streets before with street kids.

now I don't want to leave my old lifestyle. only my dad knows I have a job. no one else knows.

renting a house is not worth it, you'll soon get lonely looking for who to marry and all that stuff.
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Buffalowings3(m): 8:39am On Nov 22, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
God no go let me dash up to 3 months of my annual salary give landlord. God forbid.
If I earn just 100k per month, I will stay in self-contain abeg.

Many of you enjoy life so much you find it easy to throw away what you should save for rainy days. What will you tell your kids in future if you can't meet their needs because you wasted money during your youth?

I saved 73% of what I earn for the past 5 years I plan to make more money next year and save 90% of what I earn for the next 10 years after I expand my hustle0

To save money sweet die, once I look my account balance, hunger go disappear and my belle go dey sweet me

My role model is Warren Buffet, a billionaire who 's been living and working in the same building for over 50 years. Just imagine all the millions he must have saved on transportation over 5 decades.

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 22, 2018
ogawisdom:

How old are you? U need to grow up fast and shoulder your responsibilities esp shelter

Who told you he's not grown up ? For christ's sake everyone has a right to his/her opinions. If he decides not to get married what is that to you ? Does it affect you in anyway ? Why do u humans use shaming tactics on some one who decides to live his life the way he sees it fit ?

7 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Meklex(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
God no go let me dash up to 3 months of my annual salary give landlord. God forbid.
If I earn just 100k per month, I will stay in self-contain abeg.

Many of you enjoy life so much you find it easy to throw away what you should save for rainy days. What will you tell your kids in future if you can't meet their needs because you wasted money during your youth?

I saved 73% of what I earn for the past 5 years I plan to make more money next year and save 90% of what I earn for the next 10 years after I expand my hustle0

To save money sweet die, once I look my account balance, hunger go disappear and my belle go dey sweet me.

My role model is Warren Buffet, a billionaire who 's been living and working in the same building for over 50 years. Just imagine all the millions he must have saved on transportation over 5 decades.
that's the spirit, save for rainy days by throwing extravagance out of the window

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by cnonyechi(f): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2018
jesmond3945:
gbam is only God. I spend more than my income, infact i feed people both here in abroad and home but how it is done I don't know.
oooh dat is it dis our God is too much just trust him

1 Like

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by DJInfluence: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2018
ogawisdom:

How old are you? U need to grow up fast and shoulder your responsibilities esp shelter
I think we need to understand where he is coming from and what living on the street must have done to him psychologically before commenting on what he said. i think his issue is more about fear of the unknown and he may require some help from a psychologist to get over that and start living life at its fullest.

1 Like

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by cnonyechi(f): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2018
Meklex:
that's the spirit, save for rainy days by throwing extravagance out of the window

Its very good to save and while saving also make ur self comfortable and happy. I have seen and knw people who were so stingy with der finances and at d end spent it all curing one disease or the other.
some even died and never enjoyed all dat dey saved. so dis life can never be controlled with a calculator do ur best and leave d rest to God he never fails

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by kcay: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2018
marshborn:
Good evening nairalanders, I earn 100k a month which amounts to 1.2 million per annum.
I just secured an apartment in yaba which cost 300k per year. I chose yaba because of its proximity to the island which is where i work.

I want to know if the rent costs too much for someone of my status.

Am I about to start living above my means? Advice needed.

Trust me, I think it's on a high. I don't know if you have a family or a girlfriend/fiancee but when you begin to shoulder responsibilities, you may not be able to keep up with the yearly rent as you may even struggle to save 20/30k per month. 150 - 200 (Worst case) is ideal. Or better still, find a room mate.

I have a first hand experience on this one.

1 Like

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Mutemenot(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2018
haladadon:

Better get a house and start gathering properties and learn how to face responsibilities...fear is the worst enemy of life

6 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by pedrilo: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2018
haladadon:

rubbish! wat happens to self comfort? you only live once ok and u will not live forever, meaning u will die someday.
ur stinginess is annoying me, do u want to die and live d money behind for ur father to enjoy? dis is just absurd pls

5 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Meklex(m): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2018
cnonyechi:

Its very good to save and while saving also make ur self comfortable and happy. I have seen and knw people who were so stingy with der finances and at d end spent it all curing one disease or the other.
some even died and never enjoyed all dat dey saved. so dis life can never be controlled with a calculator do ur best and leave d rest to God he never fails
of course, taking care of yourself is a primary need. I eat whatever I want. But I don't use an iPhone nor buy all these things that show class (when you can get it's equivalent for a lesser price). Those are the kinds of extravagance I was referring to.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by jeff1607(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2018
Yearly rent Dat can buy a plot of land and still leaving as a tenant, God forbid

2 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by babatee1985(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2018
Offpoint:

Your job is very secure? are you the one that own the company? over confident is disastrous.
I wonder too my brother. The only secure job is govt job (federal, state and local). Even if you are a ceo of a company, your business is not secure coz we know how current Naija factors can wreck business easily within a twinkle of an eye talkless of an employee receiving salary from a company. @OP I'm not wishing you bad but don't be over confident when working under a company except you are a govt worker. shalom!!!
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by LordIsaac(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2018
No one can buy comfort. What shall it profit you, with the low life expectancy rate in Nigeria, to save all you'd have used to give yourself some comfort now, and die for one reason or the other and others share what you have laboured for? Some of this people claiming they are saving can be very wicked in the sense that they cannot help people even their sick parents in the name of savings. Saving is good, but do not forget to adequately take care of today as that is all you have. OP, that amount is good. I live in a house of 160k and some folks think it is expensive....that 80k would have been great. But the amount includes light and water, so I ignore them. You are on track my brother.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Rextizzle(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2018
marshborn:
Good evening nairalanders, I earn 100k a month which amounts to 1.2 million per annum.
I just secured an apartment in yaba which cost 300k per year. I chose yaba because of its proximity to the island which is where i work.

I want to know if the rent costs too much for someone of my status.

Am I about to start living above my means? Advice needed.
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by RSVP: 9:13am On Nov 22, 2018
haladadon:

I don't know your age but honestly you need to change your reasoning and perhaps the kind of people you roll with.

Don't stack money up in bank and get thrill at the sight of ur balance figure bro..

If you are a man, then you need to take up ur responsibility as a man. None of us love to leave our old ways but I guess that's the biggest challenge that separate men from boys.

Mind you, if you are saving up cash for a big project or traveling out of the country hence your lifestyle.. Then stay focus man.

Chop life if you have money but don't over do oo. Hmm

7 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by pedrilo: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2018
cnonyechi:
funny enough in reality its not seen dat way i earn less dan 70k a month married with 3 kids my husband does bussiness (electronics) my rent in Festac is 400k kids termly fees 124k and den der is feeding, electricity, transport, clothing, travel and other expenses. but they r all met timely. My kids are well infact over fed they have every gadget they need to be happy.
Infact typing this just made me realise dat God has been sustaining i and my Family and i give him the praise. So its not about the mathematics in it becos all dos calculations can fail u its about ur standing with God. phil.4 - 19.
Am not making the money but am living the life through the grace of the Almighty God.
And i still SAVE.
NOTE
I have never spent more than 2000 for treatment and hospital for my kids. From January till date i and my family have never been to d hospital.
ITS ALL GOD THE GREAT PROVIDER AND PROTECTOR
i am also a christian but i must advice u to cut down on ur expense and save for unforeseen events. from ur comment, i doubt u have up to five hundred thousand naira emergency money saved somewhere

3 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by pedrilo: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2018
truthsayer009:

I would Kindly like to know how much your monthly expenses per month with 3 kids, because Schools in Festac is not a joke except you are sending your kids to Public schools. less than 70k is too small.

Because your Husband may probably be making more money than you think, Have you ever sat down to calculate every single expense, ONE BY ONE?
i bet she doesn't really understand her cash flow.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by pedrilo: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2018
cnonyechi:

my brother some months na story. Electronics business is not an everyday thing and d profit is small. dont worry dear wat he and i make does not in any way equate wat we spend or have. Note we dont do yahoo or any shady deal its just as i posted. Its all God. if u allow God into ur life he will take to to heights u never imagined. look no child of God lacjs or beggs dir bread.I am a living teatimony
madam face reality abeg. i dnt pander to such sanctimonious BS. we all bliv in God and trust him, but living blindly is a no no.
this is why africa is backward. u dont understand ur cash flow and dat is not good

7 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2018
Clarathomp:

You had me LOL at this. There's nothing wrong with marrying for companionship, in fact companionship is the major reason Eve was created for Adam. Because the story says and God saw that the man was lonely so he caused a deep sleep.........you get the drift sha.

I'm sorry to hear about your time on the street but I'm glad to hear those days are over too.
My Dear, people enjoy companionship outside marriage. The primary purpose of marrying is procreation and that option can even be got outside marriage again... Babymama.

As for Adam, he had no friend or female around him, Eve was his only alternative but as at now, it isn't the case. Don't forget, Paul stayed unmarried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by Reference(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
10% easy say than done.
This is Lagos.

That is why fewer people succeed in life.... it is too hard for most.
Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by DonnyE(m): 9:28am On Nov 22, 2018
Clarathomp:

Most of us don't make a lot of money to be able to afford accommodations within our means. What I mean is this - we earn about 100 to 150k, but good accommodation in Lagos is expensive so what do we do?

We stretch ourselves to make things happen for the good but expensive accommodation. I'm sure if you see accommodation for 150k, you yourself will walk away because you won't like it.

Save 20 or 30k from your salary each month towards your next rent and if your office has benefits like leave allowance, car loans, 13th month etc, you can easily make the rent, when you are legible for those benefits.

Success with making the rent each time it is due, also boils down to discipline oh!
I like this, must be quite a smart lady. It's always beautiful to read a professional advice from a lady.Bravo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by pedrilo: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2018
For me i spend 15% of my annual income on rent yearly.
Albeit, I own a house and have a tenant who pays me even more than I pay my landlord.
Wisdom is profitable my people!

4 Likes

Re: How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month by sarutobi: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country / Truck Carrying Gas Cylinders Explode In Edo State, Houses Burnt. Photos / Advice Needed: Between Pvc, Asbestos And Pop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.