Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Wenger Predicts Robots As Managers & Social Media Deciding Subs In Future - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Predicts Robots As Managers & Social Media Deciding Subs In Future (302 Views)

FIFA Plans To Replace Linesmen With VAR And Robots / 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Predicts Robots As Managers & Social Media Deciding Subs In Future by Bimpe29: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Arsene Wenger believes Twitter polls will soon decide substitutions and robots will take charge of teams in 20 years.

The former Arsenal manager made the startling claims, but says if he was the boss he would not accept it.

Wenger spent 22 years in north London before resigning at the end of last season and clearly fears for the future of his profession.

He feels that a chairman will soon come along and decide social media is the key, while stats and data mean a robot could be trusted not long after.

'I've said many times, you could imagine the next chairman who says that the social networks can make a change in the second half.,' Wenger told beIN Sports.

'That will become more and more entrenched. It will happen. I personally, would not accept it. I'm from the old school in that respect. But we're going in that direction.

'If you imagine the power of social networks. What is even worse, it's not the majority, the minority is the most extreme, it's a bit like the problem with democracy, it's a dictatorship of the minorities.

'It's not for me, there's something I call intuition, I grew up and used my own eyes.

'You can as well imagine that in 20 years, a robot will sit in front of you.'

A robot on the touchline would not have the same problems with their zips as Wenger suffered in the dugout.

The Frenchman was regularly seen struggling to do up the zip on his long trench coat and admitted he tried to improve so he didn't get caught out regularly.

'In fact, I improved in that!' he joked..

'I was conscious of that, they are too long and sometimes the zip didn't work and I struggled that.

'People were showing it so I was conscious that I was being watched!'

Re: Wenger Predicts Robots As Managers & Social Media Deciding Subs In Future by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
Funny

Re: Wenger Predicts Robots As Managers & Social Media Deciding Subs In Future by MJBOLT: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
if it happens the end of football is near

(1) (Reply)

Europaleague Complete Results: Arsenal Beat Vorskla To Stay Top Of Group / Chelsea 4 – 0 PAOK Salonika (nov-29-2018) UEL Group Stage Highlights / SEE HOW: Liverpool Vs Everton Will End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.