Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria (1510 Views)

Are You Searching For 3d Logo Designer? Join Us Here / Blender 3d Graphic Designers And Cartoon Animators Get In Here!!! / Any Pivot Animators In Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by mgbadike81: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
please, what's the career prospect for 3d modellers and animators in Nigeria.i would want my junior sister to learn the art. please, your help would be highly appreciated.
Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by Offpoint: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
I laughed out loud at this "career prospect for 3d modellers and animators in Nigeria"
Bro, enroll her if she have the Passion cuz that's the first thing. The zeal most be there.
About a career prospect in Nigeria, if she's good at what she does, she'll be making money globally and not Nigeria only.

1 Like

Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by mgbadike81: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2018
Offpoint:
I laughed out loud at this "career prospect for 3d modellers and animators in Nigeria"
Bro, enroll her if she have the Passion cuz that's the first thing. The zeal most be there.
About a career prospect in Nigeria, if she's good at what she does, she'll be making money globally and not Nigeria only.
thanks for the reply, can you please be specific about where the jobs might be coming from? I need more information to hype up her interest. please, don't be offended by my further questioning.
Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by Offpoint: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
mgbadike81:
thanks for the reply, can you please be specific about where the jobs might be coming from? I need more information to hype up her interest. please, don't be offended by my further questioning.
Ever heard of freelancing?
She can sell her skills on freelance websites like:
Freelancer dot com
Fiverr dot com
Upwork dot com

if she's good at what she does she can be raking thousands or millions monthly.

1 Like

Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by frankmoney(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
She has to have the zeal first , if she's talented , jobs will come , she can do adverts for companies , feature in movie productions , etc but the passion gats dey . Because 3D has a steep learning curve

1 Like

Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by cgniyi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
mgbadike81:
please, what's the career prospect for 3d modellers and animators in Nigeria.i would want my junior sister to learn the art. please, your help would be highly appreciated.

There are quite a few places that require the services of a 3d modeller. Some might also require a good knowledge of 2d design though

1) Branding agency - I personally worked 5years at an agency creating 3d visualizations for planned events, exhibition stands and product designs. There are quite a few agencies looking for graphics artists with 3d skills from time to time.

2) Architecture and interior design firms- creating 3d visualizations of architectural plans and interior design. I know a guy that worked creating 3d models of only furniture for an interior design shop. I don't see job offers from arch firms as often though.

3) TV/video production - that will require creating motion graphics for TV stations and video production houses. Might also require knowledge of 2d video editing softwares like premiere and after effects.

4) Freelancing on freelance sites as someone already mentioned, which is what I'm currently doing.

5) Film/3d animation/video games - this would have been the most ideal for most 3d artists here, but unfortunately, there's no budding industry presently for 3d artists in Nigeria.

The film industry is the most mature in Nigeria, but I don't see the use of 3d that much.

Video games industry, non existent.

3d animation/movies - there are a few studios out there, but I don't think they employ 3d artists very often if at all. This again shows a lack of growth in that field.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by NoChill: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
cgniyi:

There are quite a few places that require the services of a 3d modeller. Some might also require a good knowledge of 2d design though

1) Branding agency - I personally worked 5years at an agency creating 3d visualizations for planned events, exhibition stands and product designs. There are quite a few agencies looking for graphics artists with 3d skills from time to time.

2) Architecture and interior design firms- creating 3d visualizations of architectural plans and interior design. I know a guy that worked creating 3d models of only furniture for an interior design shop. I don't see job offers from arch firms as often though.

3) TV/video production - that will require creating motion graphics for TV stations and video production houses. Might also require knowledge of 2d video editing softwares like premiere and after effects.

4) Freelancing on freelance sites as someone already mentioned, which is what I'm currently doing.

5) Film/3d animation/video games - this would have been the most ideal for most 3d artists here, but unfortunately, there's no budding industry presently for 3d artists in Nigeria.

The film industry is the most mature in Nigeria, but I don't see the use of 3d that much.

Video games industry, non existent.

3d animation/movies - there are a few studios out there, but I don't think they employ 3d artists very often if at all. This again shows a lack of growth in that field.

Please can you brief me more on number 4
Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by cgniyi(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

That's the Nairaland thread I got all the info to get started.
Re: Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria by cooljoe7(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
Her passion and drive for art matters .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Business Cards / Can Someone Recommend A Good Graphic Designing training Centre On The Mainland? / Paper Art Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.