Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,392 members, 7,853,748 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Make Your Dog A Better Guard Dog? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make Your Dog A Better Guard Dog? (196 Views)

US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria / Security Guard Impregnates 3 Students In Anambra Anglican School / Security Guard Accused Of Defiling A 4-Year-Old Girl At Greater Scholars School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog A Better Guard Dog? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2018
source: https://mypupway.com

How to train your dog to be a better guard dog. Raising your own guard dog is possible but it’s also very difficult.

It takes the combination of a dog with the drives needed for guard work and an owner with a lot of time, patience and more importantly knowledge to raise a dog that can one day offer functional protection.

"I want to be very clear about two things"

1. I don’t recommend that people try to raise a guard dog on their own, you should get a professional.
2. I understand why someone would want to raise their own guard dog and I'm here to help those who do.

Having said that, we can start.

nb: Most dog are petty good natural guard dog

1. teach your dog basic obedience: If you have a yard you can work in you should use it for training. He will become more territorial as he learns to obey your commands while working in that area. Be sure to teach basic commands like sit, down, stay, leave it.
2. Part of his more advanced obedience training should include teaching impulse control: When you have a visitor he should sit on command, lie down, then watch as the person comes in; teach impulse control so that he does not have to run over, jump up, and try to play.
3. Run the property boundaries with your dog: You should do this every day at the end of your obedience lessons. Your dog will learn his.......

continue reading at https://mypupway.com
Re: How To Make Your Dog A Better Guard Dog? by Youngbbt: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2018
he will not bite you........ I hate this word

(1) (Reply)

NANS Accuses Ortom Of Polarising Union / Best Education Project Topics In Nigeria / Building Up Your Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.