Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Car Names - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Names (568 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Names by Dubino(m): 5:07am On Jul 26, 2010
I have one big request from fellow Nairalanders that posts topic in the auto section.
The name some posters call their posted cars makes it very difficult to really understand what model and sometimes make of those cars. It's even harder for us in abroad 'cos when we want to visit Nigeria,most of us compares car prices in Nigeria against where we are. Sometimes it's better for us to buy car in Nigeria instead of buying and shipping it from where we are. Prices in Nigeria could be a little higher,but it worth it if you don't want to go through the hassles of shipping,clearing and the worst of all,not knowing if the car would be cleared by the time you need it. It has happened to me once and has happened to a lot of others who went through the frustration of not being able to use their cars because it wasn't cleared by the time they are Nigeria and their budget may not allow them to buy another car in Nigeria.
My point is to kindly ask cars posters to please do their best to use car's real make and model in their postings. To avoid names like, Babyface, First lady, Bulldog, Hal la, End of discussion, Discussion continues, etc.
Again,I noticed that some posters calls all the Suva, JEEP. JEEP is not a general name for Suva, but a make and trade mark of Chrysler LLC.
This is 21st century,whatever we post here is not for Nigerians only,but for the whole world, so let's make it more standard.

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived Fiat Iveco Daily Bus Tokunbo For Sale / Buy And Clear Your Cars From Coutonu Port To Anywhere In Nigeria / Truck For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.