Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? (1095 Views)

Infinix Joins Dr Sid And Evogames To Host Mobile Gaming Tournament / The BEST Mobile Gaming Machine: My EXPERIENCE / Live Pictures From Nigeria's First PUBG Mobile Gaming Competition In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by phonedaddy: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
Is mobile gaming taking over from console gaming? A poll of male and female gamers by U.K.-based mobile strategy agency Tappable has found that the smartphone is now the preferred gaming device of 42% of gamers. Of the rest, 32% preferred consoles and 26% the PC.
Tappable founder Sam Furr believes that ease of use is the driver behind mobile's encroachment into the gaming space. "Convenience has played a huge part," he says. "You can take your mobiles with you and dip in and out across the day.

We can also present the argument for price, as smartphones have become available with affordable cash to spare.mobile gaming has also advanced almost beyond recognition with the best quality readily available and comfort too. What is your opinion on this ?

Do you think mobile gaming has taken over console gaming ?
http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/693/825925
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by meobizy(f): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
I don’t believe so but convenience is a really good argument.
One of the things gamers look for is immersion into the world. This is achieved the most by beefy hardware present in consoles and gaming PCs.
The consideration of phone batteries which are quick to heat up or lose charges also make phone gaming a non-viable option.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by Tejiriseth(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
definitly... Even senior citizens who wouldnt have bought consoles now play games on their phones...

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by skywalker240(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
You should have said pc gaming, but that one too is not even, and will never be like a complete gaming machine. Nothing beats console gaming.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by tgmservice: 2:19am On Nov 20, 2018
I hate mobile gaming

Where you are forced to pay for one thing or yhe order

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by DankPineapple: 7:05am On Nov 20, 2018
skywalker240:
You should have said pc gaming, but that one too is not even, and will never be like a complete gaming machine. Nothing beats console gaming.
I was about to say this, most people play games now on PC cuz they can get steam paid games for free
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by CaptainStephen(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2018
Game lovers over to you
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by dboyoji: 11:09am On Nov 20, 2018
Console is the real deal for gaming. It is just the cost, time and convenience to play games on consoles.
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by skywalker240(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
DankPineapple:
I was about to say this, most people play games now on PC cuz they can get steam paid games for free
Yeah thats the simple truth, but i think nothing beats the grand old console. Better graphics, better processor engine, better handling and no fear about batteries.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by Hoodbilonia: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
bulletforce only
asphalt 8airbone
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by helium2: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2018
What a question?

Red Dead redemption 2 is 98Gb installed. Which phone can play that?

OP be careful

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by Kalapizim(m): 6:27am On Nov 21, 2018
helium2:
What a question?
OP be careful
Is reading hard for you?
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by apologist: 8:53am On Nov 21, 2018
i am beginning to think so, smartphones have evolved.
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by flexerking(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2018
helium2:
What a question?

OP be careful

your problem is ignorance
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by zeanslim(m): 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
Android and Games are now quite synonymous especially since the big wheel gaming companies are now rolling into the mobile gaming market, so i carefully reviewed the best gaming mobile phone you can find out there which would handle any high-end or hardcore mobile game on high fps without any frame drop or lag below

Top 10 Best Mobile Phones For Ultra Smooth Gaming

if you are looking for the best gaming phone to purchase to play your hardcore mobile games like Shadow gun lengends, VR games, PUBG, fortnite or PPSSPP emulator games you this article is for you.

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by investigator007: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
not really,but you wouldnt be wrong if you said that.i enjoy my dream league soccer on my spark device a lot but you know how it can be when it comes to console gaming.
phonedaddy:

Is mobile gaming taking over from console gaming? A poll of male and female gamers by U.K.-based mobile strategy agency Tappable has found that the smartphone is now the preferred gaming device of 42% of gamers. Of the rest, 32% preferred consoles and 26% the PC.
Tappable founder Sam Furr believes that ease of use is the driver behind mobile's encroachment into the gaming space. "Convenience has played a huge part," he says. "You can take your mobiles with you and dip in and out across the day.

We can also present the argument for price, as smartphones have become available with affordable cash to spare.mobile gaming has also advanced almost beyond recognition with the best quality readily available and comfort too. What is your opinion on this ?

Do you think mobile gaming has taken over console gaming ?
http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/693/825925
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by pocketTech: 6:24am On Nov 29, 2018
The new Fortnite Version 6.31 update hase been released with so many new weapons and missions, and if you are a regular player of it, you need to know everything about this new update, so here i am sharing a source that will help you to know all the new features of this new Fortnite update.

Source - https://www.talkwidtech.com/new-fortnite-version-6-31-update/
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by Anegbettedude: 8:09am On Nov 29, 2018
pocketTech:
The new Fortnite Version 6.31 update hase been released with so many new weapons and missions, and if you are a regular player of it, you need to know everything about this new update, so here i am sharing a source that will help you to know all the new features of this new Fortnite update.

nice one
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
skywalker240:

Yeah thats the simple truth, but i think nothing beats the grand old console. Better graphics, better processor engine, better handling and no fear about batteries.
but there is fear of nepa!
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by skywalker240(m): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
aro1:
but there is fear of nepa!
Didnt saw that one.
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by tafat: 5:53am On Dec 04, 2018
you wouldn't be wrong if you said that, i know how i enjoy my adventure games on my TECNO device.
Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by tafat: 5:55am On Dec 04, 2018
cool,i will love to try this on the camon 11 pro.
pocketTech:

Re: Do You Think Mobile Gaming Has Taken Over Console Gaming ? by flexerking(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2018
tafat:
cool,i will love to try this on the camon 11 pro.
dont waste your data lemme give a little heads up.fortnite is for high end phones they arent optimized lik pubg

(1) (Reply)

Energizer Power Max P490S Unboxing, Specifications And Review + Price (photos) / Do You Know What Is Portrait Mode? / Android TV + Spectranet Mifi For Sale...mifi sold..android TV box going for 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.