Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,709 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Best Budget Gaming Laptops For 2018 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Best Budget Gaming Laptops For 2018 (1118 Views)

5 Best Budget Gaming Laptop In 2020 (cheap Gaming Laptops) / Oneodio Fusion A71 Unboxing - Best Budget Gaming Headphones / 15 Best Nintendo Switch Games For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Budget Gaming Laptops For 2018 by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 20, 2018
FOR THIS POST, I'LL BE LISTING THE TOP 3 BUDGET GAMING LAPTOPS SO FAR IN 2018

3------ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300
the Acer predator is a very popular gaming laptop. The whole design screams gamer. A lot of people might not like the aggressive design (like me) but it does pack a punch

Specs
There are different variations of this laptop, but the one we're reviewimg comes with :
Intel i7-7700hq (4cores 8threads at 2.8ghz)
Gt 1060 nvidia graphics card with 6gb ram
256gb ssd
No hdd (although you can add one)
60hz display ips 15.6inch panel
Back-lit keyboard
16 GB DDR4 RAM

Gaming :
This beast would be able to handle any game

It plays most AAA games at ultra settings at around 60fps , although for demanding games like Witcher 3, AC Odyssey you will get around 30fps on ultra settings

With 4 cores it can handle many resource intensive applications smoothly - video editing, graphics designing etc

It had predator sense to customize your laptops hardware

Cons :

The display is very weak and it is only capped at 60hz with might be a problem for people who need 100+fps for gaming
This can be fixed by buying a screen with 120hz and better display to replace that of your laptop

The battery life is nothing to write home about
You can only game for 50mins at Max brightness

Summary :

This is a very good gaming laptop for it's price and the pros exceed the Cons

This might not be a very good choice for Nigerians because if the battery life, but it's still nice

Price :

On amazon it is $1055( 379k)

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-7700HQ-1060-6GB-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C

You can upgrade to the $1174 version and you will get a better processor (i7-8750 with 6 cores), a better display and 144hz refresh rate. That is a perfect deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CTHLX8C/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

2--------------- dell G series
This is dells new gaming laptop
They contain the dell g3, dell g5( which is a re-branded dell inspiron 7577), dell g7

We would be reviewing the dell g5

Specs :
It has the i5-8300h (4 cores 8threads at 2.2ghz)
Gt 1060 max q and 6gb of ram
16gb ram dual channel at 2666mhz
Back-lit keyboard
Fingerprint readers (some versions)
1tb hdd
256gb sdd
15.6in ips panel at 60hz

Gaming :
The performance of the dell g5 I'm reviewing is similar to that if the Acer predator

For other intensive applications the g5 is slightly better than the predator cause if it has slightly Better multi core performance

Cons :
The same problem with Acer predator
IT HAS A DIM DISPLAY WITH A 60HZ REFRESH RATE
It might not be good for people who play fps games, but it's good enough for causal gamers
Although this issue can be fixed by replacing the screen with a better 120hz display

Aside from the screen dell g5 has no problem

It has a very good battery life thanks to nvidia optimus and can game for about 2hrs, 6hrs of Wi-Fi browsing

Price

This laptop is the best in this list in terms of price to performance

It costs $948 (340k) on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-G5587-7866BLK-PUS-Display-Processor-Licorice/dp/B07CD3MRZD?th=1&psc=1

Generally the g5 is cheaper than the g7 and the g3 is cheaper than the g5 you can do individual research in them is you want

The g5 is the laptop I'll recommend to anyone

You can also buy higher end versions with a better i7-8750 which is around 1199 dollars
There also options that have 4k screens

1-------- HP omen 15

This is also another good gaming laptop
It has a nice design and all

Specs :

I7-8750h processor with 6 cores at 2.2 ghz
Gt 1050 ti with 4gb ram
1tb hdd
No ssd
12gb ram
Back-lit keyboard

Gaming :
The gaming performance is very good and almost as good as That of the g5 and predator, but you might need to spend more money to get the same performance

It has a 6 core processor, so it'll be able to handle ANY FVCKING APPLICATION with ease

Rendering, streaming, editing, etc

There are different configurations with a better graphics card and better display

Cons :

60hz screen (which can be replaced)
The battery life is better than the predators but not as good as the g5

Overview it is a very good PC

Price :

It is $1018 (380k) on amazon rn

HONORABLE MENTIONS
--------------------------------------------

dell inspiron 15 7000 series
This is the older version if the g series with comparable performance

Lenovo ideapad y700 series

This is lenovos gaming laptop brand it's very good
It sports similar specs to the laptops listed above

I didn't include it because it's a little more expensive than its counterparts it costs like $200 more than a dell g5 with similar specs and no better performance

NOTE : I am aware of the economic situation of Nigeria

So 300k might be to expensive

But this are the cheapest gaming laptop is you're a serous gamer and you want to play the latest AAA games at 1080p and 60fps +

Peace

And they are also future proof
You'll be able to still play most recent games on high settings for 5+ years

So yeah

BTW
This is my first post on nairaland
I decided to post this when I saw some people calling laptops with a 960m graphics card a 'gaming laptop '
�����
I was like WTF??

(1) (Reply)

Immense Popularity Of 13 Cards Online Indian Rummy / Atm Card / I Need A Neat And Working PS 3 Urgently!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.