Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death (29910 Views)

Please Show The World What I Wrote. / Just Wrote This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by lacemose(m): 5:49am On Nov 21, 2018
The poem of the OAP, Tosyn Buknor who passed away on Monday surfaces online, this was shared by Annie Idibia as she was regretting her loss, The poem reads

"I look into the future and see me cease

I feel no fear, my face won't even cease

My steps on this earth, a testament to life

Leaving this place filled with strife

Don't cry for me, shed tears for yourself

For each date you acquire gives you a little less.

Now I know why I live the way I do

Any why my mistakes, no second look

If i live my life according to their pace

What's my price in life's meaningless race?

Too much odds stacked against this fierce soul

So each hour, all I do is attain my goals

Spent alot of days searching for purpose

Then I put my thoughts into poetry and prose

This is why I was put in this world

Be a voice, Put emotions in words

For every tear I shed and times my eye smiled,

Someone will have known every option I tried.

This cowardly heart felt fear not death

Prize I've earned since my birth

My vow to leave a lasting voice after I was

Find a loyal number to keep fighting my cause

Here lies she who lived short but well

No regrets for her, but all her story tell".

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/11/see-poem-tosyn-buknor-wrote-before-her.html

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by jeffizy(m): 5:50am On Nov 21, 2018
Beautiful piece.! Even if it's a poem intentionally written for the sole purpose of a moment she knows will eventually come.

Sadly, all that is left of her are memories.
RIP Bucknor.

96 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Dboy55(m): 5:50am On Nov 21, 2018
RIP to her,whoever she is

2 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2018
Rest in peace Bucknor. Of course every lagosian that listened to you will surely miss your lovely voice.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Oreofepeters: 6:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Heart touching poem. Maybe she eventually knows she would die..

14 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by bitcoin215: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Rip to her

Festive season is here again.Bring in your goods from USA and China at reduced shipping rate..Check my siggy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by punisha: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2018
I can't rule out a case of suicide, if she knew in her own words "she'd live short and well."

Sickle cell anemia ain't d end and if she got to 37 and decided to quit, I can understand...

But I have seen people with it live above 50yrs and healthy.

The pains associated with crisis periods can be excruciating and insane.

People with SCA are usually strong and resilient. The torture they go through make the ones who pull through and live longer

successful persons.

30 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by useful4us(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2018
It is emotional RIP to her

1 Like

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Richdad50(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2018
The Living never learn anything from the dead. If they did, the world would have been a better place.
#Richdadnuggets

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by kidman96(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2018
She was suffering from depression... Her death should be investigated, I suspect suicide.

16 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
We all die someday
Only few are alive.
Sleep on Mrs Bucknor.

Reminds me of John Donne..
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee....
"Devotions upon Emergent Occasions"

12 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
sad
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by chinavs9ja(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
Truth be told, she is talented

Start your own website or blog today...I am a web designer and SEO writer kindly check my signature for my number

1 Like

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by EXLOVER(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
Wasted space.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by atikulated2019: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Popular after death
just like Jubril

2 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Edgarated(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
cry cry
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Naijawebmaster: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Deep words!
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by free2ryhme: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2018
lacemose:
The poem of the OAP, Tosyn Buknor who passed away on Monday surfaces online, this was shared by Annie Idibia as she was regretting her loss, The poem reads

"I look into the future and see me cease

I feel no fear, my face won't even cease

My steps on this earth, a testament to life

Leaving this place filled with strife

Don't cry for me, shed tears for yourself

For each date you acquire gives you a little less.

Now I know why I live the way I do

Any why my mistakes, no second look

If i live my life according to their pace

What's my price in life's meaningless race?

Too much odds stacked against this fierce soul

So each hour, all I do is attain my goals

Spent alot of days searching for purpose

Then I put my thoughts into poetry and prose

This is why I was put in this world

Be a voice, Put emotions in words

For every tear I shed and times my eye smiled,

Someone will have known every option I tried.

This cowardly heart felt fear not death

Prize I've earned since my birth

My vow to leave a lasting voice after I was

Find a loyal number to keep fighting my cause

Here lies she who lived short but well

No regrets for her, but all her story tell".

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/11/see-poem-tosyn-buknor-wrote-before-her.html

RIP Area mama cry

1 Like

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Which radio station did she work with
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by gurunlocker: 10:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Na after person don die dem go dey remember say she nice, she dey caring, she write poems, she do this and that.

Did you appreciate her when alive?

God, I pray I won't die before my glory. cool

11 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 21, 2018
r.i.p

we will miss you

but your people will miss you more
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by whytediamond(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Please singles, don't ever marry out of pity or emotions.

Until we criminalize marriage between two AS or between AS and SS, talents like this beautiful soul would continue to be cut short.

If you go ahead and marry each other, it's not Love, it's selfishness.

Rip.

So touching.

8 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by elganzar(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Eeyah
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by victorazyvictor(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2018
Her Picture please
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2018
At my area won ko mije hee mo lenu pa...
AREA MAMA! Like she used to say..."The traffic is bumper to bumper, the traffic is so slow".. My mood is cry She made my morning everyday!...Rip sis...That smile and energy back then hen no be for here. Yes..
2009!...my sis and I will really miss you...

6 Likes

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by tstx(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2018
Allow the dead to stay dead...

1 Like

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by IkpuMmadu: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2018
I don't know her but I like the poem and I don't know of 8 can call it an elergy to a soul or an ode to world

But it's a requiem

1 Like

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by bigt2(m): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2018
shocked
So the world best tailor is gone? cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ise Ni Ogun Ise (written By J.f. Odunjo)yoruba And English / Vanity By Birago Diop / 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.