Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love (467 Views)

Top 10 Best Nigerian Songs Released In March 2024 (afrobeats/amapiano) / Wizkid - Money & Love (Official Music Video) / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by Fadedvoiced: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2018
When will Nigerian Songs Stop being Just about Money and Sex?

This is a question I've been asking Nigerians .
When Kiss Daniel released "One Ticket" featuring Davido ,even without listening to it I knew that it'll be just about love,sex and money - truly my thoughts were right and confirmed after I listened to the song yesterday.

Is it that songs that don't promote sex,gold digging ,drugs and love don't/can't sell or make waves in Nigeria ? Because this is getting beyond control.
When the current government riggged the OSUN gubernatorial election which Davido's uncle was a participant I thought henceforth he'll be dishing out only motivational,sensible and soul melting songs . Songs that can criticize bad governance and abuse of power but no - It must be love,sex and money.

In America , any little issue is taken to heart by their singers and celebrities but in Africa , Nigeria precisely how many celebrities even condemned police/SARS brutality in their songs? None.

Most major Nigerian hits of the year ranging from Assurance ,Soco,Fake Love,Nwababy,Aza,Fever,Unleash and One Ticket are focus on three things - Love,Money and sex ,as usual

Baby baby baby ,my body - is this all Nigerian artists know how to offer ?

Burna Boy's Ye is what I can classify as a mature and sensible vibe . Before you come for my head, I'm a huge fan of Wizkid right from 2012.

Nigerian artists are hoping to win Grammys and Emmys , the thing is who's going to give them Grammys with these wack songs ?

From a concerned Nigerian.
I sincerely hope they see this.

Cc lalasticlala Dominique , mynd44 , seun
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by eTECTIV: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2018
Becos na rubbish dey sell for here na.. Until we stop celebrating mediocrity and awards shows celebrate same
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by LuciferElohim: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2018
Until the dumb audience stops patronizing sex, love & money

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by Fadedvoiced: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
eTECTIV:
Becos na rubbish dey sell for here na.. Until we stop celebrating mediocrity and awards shows celebrate same

It's becoming very alarming
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by chiommy123(f): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
The youths patronize them so what do you expect. They see songs that doesn't portray such messages as boring
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by eyinjuege: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
OP, you this gigolo.
You're here again.
Small boy, big god.
Better go and find work.
The musicians you're trying to shade are doing legitimate hustling o. They also help people forget their sorrows for the moment.
Alápámásisé

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by Fadedvoiced: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
eyinjuege:
OP, you this gigolo.
You're here again.
Small boy, big god.
Better go and find work.
The musicians you're trying to shade are doing legitimate hustling o. They also help people forget their sorrows for the moment.
Alápámásisé

They should stop singing about sex,love and gold digging .

Borrow sense for once eyinjuege.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by eyinjuege: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

They should stop singing about sex,love and gold digging .

Borrow sense for once eyinjuege.

Small boy , big God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex,Money & Love by Yudee8(m): 10:16am On Nov 27, 2018
it will stop when you stop listening to them. there are artistes with good music but do you patronize them?

(1) (Reply)

Falz Releases New Album – Moral Instructions / MUSIC: Bethel – Am In Love (prod. Yungzil) / Music: Wilwiz - Nnukwu Ego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.