Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Catholic Song To Lucifer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Song To Lucifer (5027 Views)

Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
The Catholic Song to Lucifer
There is this prayer the Pope has called for in which all his clergy must sing a song in mass called Exultet. It is sung in Latin and its English translation is the following:

“Flaming Lucifer finds Mankind. I say: Oh Lucifer who will never be defeated. Christ is your son who came back from hell, shed his peaceful light and is alive and reigns in the world without end.”
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by elderken(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
Op please how can I have an audio download link to get that song
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
elderken:
Op please how can I have an audio download link to get that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgdzyMNfjw
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by budaatum: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
The Exsultet is part of a ceremony involving the paschal candle, which symbolizes the light of Christ.

In Latin, the relevant part of the Exsultet reads:

Orámus ergo te, Dómine,
ut céreus iste in honórem tui nóminis consecrátus,
ad noctis huius calíginem destruéndam,
indefíciens persevéret.
Et in odórem suavitátis accéptus,
supérnis lumináribus misceátur.

Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.

In good English (as opposed to the incompetent translation given by the anti-Catholic commentator), this means:

Therefore, O Lord,
we pray you that this candle,
hallowed to the honor of your name,
may persevere undimmed,
to overcome the darkness of this night.
Receive it as a pleasing fragrance,
and let it mingle with the lights of heaven.

May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star:
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death's domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.

Up to the first reference to the Morning Star, this passage of the Exsultet is asking God to let the paschal candle continue to give light, so that it still be burning in the morning (“May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star”).

Then the prayer pivots to reconceive of the Morning Star not as the literal one in the sky but as Jesus Christ himself, based on the symbol in Revelation 22:16 (“the one Morning Star who never sets, Christ your Son”).

It is a moving, poetic prayer to God—not an invocation of the devil.

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by MrPresident1: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
solite3:
There is this prayer the Pope has called for in which all his clergy must sing a song in mass called Exultet. It is sung in Latin and its English translation is the following:

“Flaming Lucifer finds Mankind. I say: Oh Lucifer who will never be defeated. Christ is your son who came back from hell, shed his peaceful light and is alive and reigns in the world without end.”

There is nothing wrong with the name ''LUCIFER'', it means light bearer. If you are the person of knowledge in your family, you are the Lucifer of your family. If you are the president of a country, you largely determine the progress of that country, you are the Lucifer of that country.

The real and authentic Lucifer of the world is Jesus Christ.

The only problem with the word Lucifer is that if you start using your God given abilities to do evil, you then become an adversary to God, then you become satan.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by MuttleyLaff: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
SMH, just look at how this seemingly knowledgeable guy is getting educated
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by OpenYourEyes1: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
Just beware of False Messiah and False Doctrine. They will try to counterfeit the truth.

Below are images of the Lucifer and Baphomet

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by OpenYourEyes1: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! ... Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." Isaiah 14:12-15
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
budaatum:
The Exsultet is part of a ceremony involving the paschal candle, which symbolizes the light of Christ.

In Latin, the relevant part of the Exsultet reads:

Orámus ergo te, Dómine,
ut céreus iste in honórem tui nóminis consecrátus,
ad noctis huius calíginem destruéndam,
indefíciens persevéret.
Et in odórem suavitátis accéptus,
supérnis lumináribus misceátur.

Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.

In good English (as opposed to the incompetent translation given by the anti-Catholic commentator), this means:

Therefore, O Lord,
we pray you that this candle,
hallowed to the honor of your name,
may persevere undimmed,
to overcome the darkness of this night.
Receive it as a pleasing fragrance,
and let it mingle with the lights of heaven.

May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star:
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death's domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.

Up to the first reference to the Morning Star, this passage of the Exsultet is asking God to let the paschal candle continue to give light, so that it still be burning in the morning (“May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star”).

Then the prayer pivots to reconceive of the Morning Star not as the literal one in the sky but as Jesus Christ himself, based on the symbol in Revelation 22:16 (“the one Morning Star who never sets, Christ your Son”).

It is a moving, poetic prayer to God—not an invocation of the devil.

lucifer is not the bright morning star.
lucifer simply means morning star and it is not Jesus.

this is a word play that is meant to fool people but the word of God is always sharper and smarter.

the hymn was to lucifer not Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

the article "The" means that Christ is the only one that bears that title.
however, which title? lucifer? morning star nope The Bright morning star which is different from just morning star which is used in reference to satan.

The hymn was not directed to the bright and morning star but to Lucifer.
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
MrPresident1:

There is nothing wrong with the name ''LUCIFER'', it means light bearer. If you are the person of knowledge in your family, you are the Lucifer of your family. If you are the president of a country, you largely determine the progress of that country, you are the Lucifer of that country.

The real and authentic Lucifer of the world is Jesus Christ.

The only problem with the word Lucifer is that if you start using your God given abilities to do evil, you then become an adversary to God, then you become satan.

this is a word play that is meant to fool people but the word of God is always sharper and smarter.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

however, which title? lucifer? morning star nope The Bright morning star which is different from just morning star which is used in reference to satan.

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
SMH, just look at how this seemingly knowledgeable guy is getting educated

you have been fooled thinking it is referring to Christ.

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
a lot of people are plain dumb

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
solite3:
a lot of people are plain dumb

Yes, like you.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
LordReed:

Yes, like you.
atheist are dumb. only a fool will say there is no God
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by LordReed(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
solite3:
atheist are dumb.
only a fool will say there is no God

Says the one who believes a fantasy. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Anas09: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
solite3:

Where is the Latin version?
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2020
Anas09:

Where is the Latin version?
I dont have it.
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by budaatum: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
solite3:

I should remind myself to always ask you for sources because you seem to have this tendency to not quite understand what you post.

https://cbrannan67319./the-catholic-song-to-lucifer/

Instantly you think this refers to Satan when mentioning Lucifer. It is not quite that simple. The Catholics have an argument that it is not Satan to whom they are singing. The argument goes:

“The Latin word, Lucifer, does not equate to Satan, and it never has. It is a word that was used by St. Jerome, when he translated the Hebrew into the Old Testament, and was a translation for Morning Star, which is Venus. It also means phosphorus and light bearer. No matter how many times these uneducated religious morons claim that Isaiah 14:12 means Lucifer is a fallen angel. It has never meant that.” (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgdzyMNfjw)

Another piece on this says:

“The term “Lucifer” was taken by the King James Version translators from Jerome’s Latin Vulgate (383-405 A.D.) edition of the Bible. The Hebrew word is ‘Heylel’ which suggests the idea of “shining,” or “bearing light.” Jerome assumed the word was the name of the morning star, hence, he rendered it by the Latin title “Lucifer…

The fact is, however, there is absolutely no evidence whatever that Isaiah 14 contains any reference to Satan.

Please note the following:

It would be strange indeed that the Holy Spirit should designate the ruler of the realm of spiritual darkness (cf. Ephesians 6:12) as “lightbearer.”
The context clearly identifies the narrative as a “parable against the king of Babylon” (14:4). The death of that oppressive character is vividly described. He descends into Sheol where the inmates of that realm taunt, saying, “Is this the man that made the earth to tremble?” (14:16).
This cannot be an allusion to the devil since:

worms eat his body (v. 11), yet Satan has no body;
the subject of the account is called a “man” (v. 16), but the Tempter is a spirit being;
he is to be buried in shame (vv. 19, 20)—a circumstance which is not applicable to the devil (cf. Revelation 20:10).
In the Old Testament, the demise of corrupt national powers is frequently represented under the imagery of falling heavenly luminaries (cf. Isaiah 13:10; Ezekiel 32:7), hence, quite appropriately in this context the Babylonian monarch is described as a fallen star (cf. ASV).

There is, therefore, no reference to Satan in this context.” (https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/158-who-is-lucifer)

There are problems with this view although the translations clearly are confusing. I will point out the problems with this view the Catholics use to defend the words in this song.

In Latin the words for Lucifer mean luminous beast and the followers of Lucifer are called Luciferians, or Jesuits. This is the order from which the Pope comes, so we can understand why he mandated this song to be sung by all his priests. Most people who sing this song in the Catholic Church do not even know they are invoking the name of Lucifer since it is in another language in which they are singing. I dare say, many in the Catholic Church would not sing it if they knew this.

Luminous beast can easily be construed to be Satan since in the book of Revelation we are told about the beast who is the Antichrist who gained his power from the dragon (Satan). Satan is mentioned in 2 Corinthians 11: 14 as being transformed into an angel of light. Lucifer means shining light and Satan transforms himself into an angel of light. In other words, Satan deceives people into following him and his agents such as the Antichrist. Just because Lucifer means shining light does not mean it is God’s light.

The argument is made that Isaiah 14: 12 is talking about the king of Babylon. Yes, it is a prophecy directed at an earthly king of Babylon, but there is more meaning to this prophecy than what certain Catholics want you to believe. They have to force themselves to ignore the deeper meaning of the prophecy. Isaiah’s prophecies are not just for his time but for our time, also. In addition, in the book of Ezekiel we have the prophecy about Satan in chapter 28:12-16, but he is called the king of Tyrus. It is not unusual for God to refer to Satan as a king of some country while at the same time delivering a prophecy about an earthly king.

Isaiah 14: 12 says, “How are you fallen from heaven, Oh Lucifer, son of the morning! How are you cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations.” When did this Babylonian king weaken the nations? Babylon at this time was a vassal state to the Assyrians. Both were of the same race, but Babylon was an oppressed state under Assyrian domination at the time this prophecy was written. Babylon would arise around 100 years later as a power.

Clearly the references to this king as making the earth to tremble cannot be talking about this particular Babylonian king. God is talking about spiritual things here and not an actual person. Any references to the Devil’s end as described in the book of Revelation are simply not relevant to what is stated in the book of Isaiah. In fact Isaiah 14: 20 says: “You shall not be joined with them in burial.” This could easily coincide with Satan who cannot be buried but will eventually be cast directly into the Lake of Fire as described in the book of Revelation.

You have to understand that the prophecies of Isaiah have to be decoded, and it takes the Holy Spirit to decode these prophecies and uncover layer after layer of deeper meanings to any passage, especially prophetic passages. To go with one single idea that the king of Babylon is all to whom this prophecy refers is closing oneself off from the Holy Spirit to guide one into deeper truths.

The argument is made that Lucifer is translated by St. Jerome at other times in the Bible and means morning star in all of them. The King James Version though only uses Lucifer here once in the Bible as we saw in Isaiah. Notice, that it says, “Lucifer, son of the morning;” rather than son of the morning star. If one believes the Bible is inerrant then maybe we can take notice that this is the only time Lucifer is used in the Bible, and the Holy Spirit is the one that orchestrated this for a good reason.

This passage did not say son of the morning star and thus, son of the morning does not have to mean we are talking about the same thing. In fact, what this verse says to me is that Lucifer was there at the beginning with God. Who was with God before man was created? The answer is Lucifer, the angel from heaven. Satan was described by Jesus as: “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.” (Luke 10: 18) Again, Isaiah 14: 12 says, “How are you fallen from heaven, Oh Lucifer?” It sure does sound like we are talking about Satan here when mentioning Lucifer.

The biggest weakness to their argument though is that the Exultet says: “Oh Lucifer who will never be defeated. Christ is your son who came back from hell.” Christ is the son of God and not the son of Lucifer. The reference clearly is claiming God and Lucifer are one and the same or that Jesus is not the son of God. We just read in the book of Isaiah God’s curse on Lucifer. God cannot be Lucifer since he would not be cursing himself nor equating himself with evil. This song clearly is not a song that comes from the Holy Spirit but rather comes from Satan. Satan transforms himself as an angel of light, and the Catholic Church is so caught up in ritual that it cannot see the obvious.
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Anas09: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
solite3:
I dont have it.
Hmmm
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
solite3:

Have I not been singing it here that Mary the mother Jesus is lucifer.. The light bearer.. The morning star..

Una dey find light.. Una know no say light dey blind person eye too..
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
sonmvayina:

Have I not been singing it here that Mary the mother Jesus is lucifer.. The light bearer.. The morning star..

Una dey find light.. Una know no say light dey blind person eye too..
mary the mother of Jesus is not Lucifer.
Lucifer is a demon cast out of heaven
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
solite3:
mary the mother of Jesus is not Lucifer.
Lucifer is a demon cast out of heaven

Lucifer is the queen of heaven.. She is venus or inanna.. Google is your friend..

One of her epithet is Mary the mother of Jesus..
Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lucifer is the queen of heaven.. She is venus or inanna.. Google is your friend..

One of her epithet is Mary the mother of Jesus..
Yes of course,
The queen of heaven, also known as inanna/venus is an idol

Jeremiah 44:25
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Psalms 96:5
For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

1 Corinthians 10:20
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Song To Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
solite3:

Yes of course,
The queen of heaven, also known as inanna/venus is an idol

Jeremiah 44:25
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Psalms 96:5
For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

1 Corinthians 10:20
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Not necessarily an idol.. She is also known as osun in yoruba mythology...

(1) (Reply)

Cartoons That Explain The Message Of The Gospel / Atheists, Answer These Simple Questions. / Christianity Has Lost The Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.