Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments (15539 Views)

Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts / Have More Likes And Comments On Your Selfies With These Five Creative Selfie Ide / Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Reediano(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
Instagram is one of the most popular and fastest growing social network at the moment. While many of us go on the platform to get entertained, there are actually a lot of people that makes a living off Instagram. The main selling point on Instagram is your number of followers as well as interactions and many people cut corners in other to achieve this.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-h72A5TKUCmk/W_XIQkQ62EI/AAAAAAAAZMg/49YNuqe12Rc1hZVwlNQLu7e6yaYcVlidgCLcBGAs/s1600/Instagram-yomitech.png[/img]
Over the years, a lot of people have managed to grow their audience as well interactions artificially with the help of third party Apps. Instagram has however started cracking down on accounts with fake likes, follows and comments.

According to a blog post by Instagram, the social media giant announced that it has built machine learning tools to help identify and remove likes, follows and comments from inauthentic sources. Accounts using this services won't be banned but will receive an in-app message;

"Accounts we identify using these services will receive an in-app message alerting them that we have removed the inauthentic likes, follows and comments given by their account to others. We will also ask them to secure their account by changing their password."

The crackdown has already started and Instagram said it's a continual process. All fake accounts and activities will now be auto-detected and removed from the platform.

https://www.yomitech.com/2018/11/instagram-starts-deleting-fake-accounts.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by GrandMufti: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Emmzy201(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Slay queens are in soup... Their fake lives is about to end temporarily

69 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by EbukaHades10(m): 12:44am On Nov 22, 2018
They should just suspend them the way Twitter did.

10 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by naijacentric(m): 2:48am On Nov 22, 2018
Insta trolls wont like dis grin

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by czarina(f): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2018
Good one. Those nonsense human hair bots accounts will stop following and unfollowing senselessly .

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by lenghtinny(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2018
Instagram - the home of fakers cheesy
IG wan open many people yansh be that

4 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Rextizzle(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Good for those fakers
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by omoiyalayi(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2018
All those fake 9ja celebrity celebrating millions of fake followers will not like this o

They will be exposed now grin

30 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 22, 2018
a lot of naija celebrities will be affected
imagine a popular naija artist avin over 5 million followers,nd he wuld post picture nd get less than 10% of his followers,das a clear sign of lot of fake followers

26 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Reediano(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
EbukaHades10:
They should just suspend them the way Twitter did.

Habaaaa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by PrinceOgun: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2018
grin that won't still stop the money rolling in !!

Instagram + Blogging = $$$$$ If you know you know!!

grin grin grin

Omo see Talent ...... Well unto the money train

YOU CAN GO INTO BLOGGING , ITS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS IF YOU DO IT RIGHT JUST TRY AND INVEST IN BUYING PREMUIM THEMES AND PLUGINS !!

Also do not use nulled themes or free themes gotten of the internet or friends , your site would be hacked in the nearest future if you go down this road !

If you do not have money to buy it outrightly from the developers on themeforest , which sells between 49$ - 70$ (20k - 30k in nairia) You can buy it cheaply from resellers here , click the link below >>>>>
https://www.nairaland.com/4549690/banger-buy-premium-wordpress-themes
<<<<<<

More funds in your Aza as you reep the benefits on this selfmade journey of blogging!!
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Seehydee(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2018
Make them delete BUHARI account first !!
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by dangoteinlaw: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
I was amazed how so many fake accounts following me. my followers suddenly went from 865 to 501 grin but all least there will be no more spams on my comment section

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by stano2(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Hehehehehehe Instagram Don vex
Watch for 2 million followers go down to 2,000 followers grin grin

Today is a special day for me, my mum was born on this day so many years ago. Please join me and celebrate with your likes.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Starboytwo(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
C
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by ednut1(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
I must leave IG this year

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Authoreety: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Yahoo boys no go like ds one
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Emmafe(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Good

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by OsuMustGo: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2018
NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by seunlly(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Good.
Na we confirm nigga go remain.

Say no to Fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by joelison(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2018
Yahoo boys go hear am..
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by lonelydora: 6:59am On Nov 23, 2018
Good one
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Unlimited22: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2018
Finally those useless accounts will stop following and unfollowing people unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by deepwater(f): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2018
Lol

Sometimes Tunde go post something, after three days not more than 200 people don react. Me go dey wonder if him customer them no get sub. undecided

Seun wake up and do same, that's why I like NwaAmaikpe he is one and only. If you ban him he waits for his time, no doubles.

Click like if you have just one account here

38 Likes

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Denikayan: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2018
Hope they delete Atiku's account

Dude has been dishing out too much lies
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by marvin906(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2018
no wonder.. my account just dey go up and down like naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by NinaArsenal(f): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Plenty people dah depends on fake like, comments and followers fit commit suicide coz of this oo..
I like the step...
Re: Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments by Adakintroy: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2018
They will just be working ahead of time on how to counter this new app. That's how our line tof hinking works..we challenge ourselves a lot in the wrong direction and call it hard work.

Someone will spend all knight making "ekpo" or expo in school. Writing some on his lap and ridiculous place and you wonder, why Don you just read? Isn't that a lot more easier?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Internet Users Reduce By 81,415 – NCC / How To Deactivate MTN Link-up Services From 20730 And 30730 / How To Connect Oraimo Smart Watch To Phone [android & Iphone] - Code.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.