Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk (5718 Views)

Kidnapper Tries To Abduct Children In Surulere, Lagos(photo) / Nigerian Man In Britain Who Stabbed Mum To Death Is Sentence To Life In Prison. / Saving Africa's Witch Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by debosky(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
Dispatches goes undercover in some African churches in the UK, where evangelical pastors perpetuate a strong belief in witchcraft. They preach that some people are possessed by evil spirits, and that these spirits bring bad luck into the lives of others.

The only way to rid the possessed from the witchcraft spell and lift their curse is to 'deliver' them: a kind of exorcism that can be very traumatic. Some pastors charge significant sums of money to perform these deliverances.

Often it is children who are denounced as witches by these pastors, and this labelling can lead to the physical and emotional abuse of those children at the hands of their families. In extreme cases it has led to the deaths of some children.

In parts of Africa, branding a child a witch is now outlawed, but in Britain this practise is perfectly legal, despite the fact it can have horrific consequences.

Dispatches reveals just what goes on behind closed doors in these African churches, exposing the pastors who exploit the religious beliefs of the most vulnerable.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/

This program is unbelievable - 'pastors' allegedly delivering children from 'witchcraft'. undecided
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by WhiteOne(f): 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
Surprised!

And this does not only happen in african churches!

It happens in the USA, Western Europe and every where around the globe.
White people are doing it, Black people are doing it.
And even yellow and red people.

The only witch is in your own wrong doing!

And no ju-ju can do to you, what you do not choose to do first.
It is in your own heart to do evil.

And pastor or no pastor, it is the blood of the lamb, which makes you truly free.

1 Like

Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by r231(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
I just watched it on channel 4 and it is very sad yo watch how families subjected children in a deplorable selfish act.

The so call pastors were using manipulations in order to get into the pockets and psychology sync of the adults. Very skewed understanding of christianity indeed! May God help us.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
This belongs to crime.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by ada24: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
this belongs to so many sections, culture, religion, crime and family.

watched it and was disgusted
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Reptyle(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2010
Please is there any way that we in Nigeria can watch this online. I clicked and was informed that the video is not available in my area. I would really like to watch the clip so please help.

Thanks smiley smiley smiley
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by anitabest(f): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2010
Is sad to hear this rubbish.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Newest: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2010
Thiefsssssssssssss
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by spikedcylinder: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2010
Ukpabio popularized it to the rest of the world. Darn shame.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2010
Wow
Oh wow.
Even for jand sef.

I'm surprised this thing happens in the UK.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by marketplace(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2010
God have mercy
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by sayso: 11:31am On Jul 27, 2010
This in UK?
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by EloSela(f): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2010
What surprises me is the fact that most of these Africans will claim to be educated and intelligent but at the same time they will allow a most times uneducated illegal immigrant posing as a pastor to abuse and sometimes injure their children.

This is the reason why I tend to stay away from African churches and I can be quite wary of those that attend them.

It is sad how some Black people can be so gullible. Remember the time when a pastor, Jim Jones in Guyana convinced hundreds of people most of whom were black to drink and give their children cyanide resulting in their deaths at one sermon?  Tragic!
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by olap001(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
That was really disturbing
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
I happen to know one of the dodgy "pastors" in the documentary before he left to go and start his own "church" but gullible folks who are not interested in the truth would only find themselves deceived and duped by these charlatans. Only if our journalists can emulate the investigative skills employed in acquiring facts to nail criminals instead of sensationaling every story they print or rather understand the subject they are dealing with which is beyond their scope of operation it would have had a good ending. Since Channel 4 or their editors don't believe in the supernatural or the existence of God the only option they have is to deny that the problem exists and therefore try to explain it away or blame it on the object of their derision. The best they can do is to provide the evidence needed to nail down these criminals instead of witchhunting Africa and Christianity as they are always prone to.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by WhiteOne(f): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
Yes, OH - London, England !!!
Where Africans are you can see this kind of church on every corner!
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
Witches everywhere, pastors have found a new opportunity to make money  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by babylishus: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
And we wonder why we are called the 'DArk Continent'? Our contemporaries are sending astronauts to the moon and we are busy chasing children who 'fly in the night' angry Are those people all right at all?

Its bad enough for them to label themselves 'churches' but now they have carried their dirty primitive practices from their own African countries and carried such tripe to someone else's country, a developed country at that??!! What utter foolishness.

"My people die for lack of knowledge'- that describes such fools to a T!
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by bisiaet: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
God please help Africa from this maniac madness of he is witch she is a witch I can not understand why all these unbeleiving things are so common in churches this is so sad calling an innocent child a witch for God sake and started subjecting the innocent child to untold and miserable trauma why all this for goodness sake and the most annoying thing is when someone try to correct them they will be quoting a verse in the bible and twisted it to suit their dirty act it is so sad.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by chuqudy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
Which one concern you. Na your pikin? People send their children for deliverance. No be your business.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
chuqudy:

Which one concern you. Na your pikin? People send their children for deliverance. No be your business.
se o wa okay sha?

I dont even know where to start with this rubbish post.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by kobikwelu(m): 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
indifferent

moves on
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by Redman44(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2010
That is why I don't like attending African churches in Britain. It is not even the child witchcraft issue alone that makes me stay away from these churches. The painful thing is that many of those who attend these churches have not found their bearing in the UK. They have not found their consciousness and have subjected themselves to exploitation in the hands of some of the church leaders who are dodgy. Besides, I don't like the way everything African is portrayed negatively in Britain. There are white people doing obnoxious things too. Channel 4 should point the cameras on the wrongdoings of the European community too. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by seyibrown(f): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
Many people get tremendous support from churches when they get here in the UK. There are those who are unlucky to fall into the hands of these unscrupulous 'non-pastors' who capitalise on their fear and ignorance. Why would anyone want to have anything to do with a pastor who wants you to make a donation before he prays? I feel sorry for all the victims and pray they find God and his healing.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by oladayo042: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
olap001:

That was really disturbing
Seconded.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by hackney(m): 2:00am On Jul 28, 2010
Africans carry rubbish around with them all the way to the west.
(rubbish, poverty, dirt ,rodents, you name it they are carrying it)
If they are not doing well ,they look for a vulnerable person to blame.

If thomas edison believed in witches, would he have done 1000 experiments to finally get the electric bulb to light?
Dark continent.
tufiakwa
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by MyneWhite1(f): 6:06am On Jul 28, 2010
seyibrown:

Many people get tremendous support from churches when they get here in the UK. There are those who are unlucky to fall into the hands of these unscrupulous 'non-pastors' who capitalise on their fear and ignorance. Why would anyone want to have anything to do with a pastor who wants you to make a donation before he prays? I feel sorry for all the victims and pray they find God and his healing.

Thank you.
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by oyinda3(f): 6:15am On Jul 28, 2010
why can't i watch it from the US?
can someone upload it to youtube or something? embarassed
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by WhiteOne(f): 9:07am On Jul 28, 2010
Donation - The donation for the pastor is not the problem. He got to eat, too.
And should have a decent standart of living. The problem is everyboby can call himself pastor, prophets ect,  and set up a church, without any training and anyone for supervision. The is not right. Even Jesus had to report to god!
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by ada24: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2010
can someone explain to me how the undercover journalist can make up a story and then the pastor diagnoses demon possession and nobody questions him.

the one that made me sick was Kays story. sex for prayers?

i don't have the energy for a long response except why do people who claim to have intelligence be so gullible - yes everybody deserves a good life but how can a pastor be asking for money in exchange for prayers. plus why is deya still in the uk, honestly the home office is not doing a good job
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by GEW: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2010
WhiteOne:

Donation - The donation for the pastor is not the problem. He got to eat, too.
And should have a decent standart of living. The problem is everyboby can call himself pastor, prophets ect,  and set up a church, without any training and any one to supervision. The is not right. Even Jesus had to report to god!

abuse of any kind particularly abuse of defenceless innocent kids is evil and rightly condemned.

talking about donations, modupe debbie ariyo is not doing badly herself by this account filled with the charities commission

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/ScannedAccounts/Ends27%5C0001093027_ac_20090331_e_c.pdf

making every african an abuser has become her meal ticket. it is sad. in a civilized place like england you cannot be a  judge and jury but she is going about making all churches criminals that need  reformed by a person not ashamed to say her inspiration is from the grail message.

the self styled pastors deserve to go serve some time in afghanistan, pakistan or iraq becos they are evil wicked rogues but that does not justify entrapment. which judge will try these cases and pass sentence on these ugly with the method used? maybe in a banana republic.  10months investigation man must wack propaganda.

what type of organisation earns £338k a year and pay out £176k  as salary? only modupe debbie ariyo's one woman empire.  yoruba must have those who live in glass houses must not throw stones in their rich language.

modupe debbie ariyo if you are reading this i know you should earn a living but this is a wrong way of going about it.  the same law that allowed you to set up your chop chop charity allowed these scum of the earth to set up theirs and by the way always declare your grail message affiliation when you discuss these matters because that let people know where you are coming from.

majority of the church of Jesus Christ is a force for good. these ugly people masquerading as pastors are rightly being exposed we must not throw the baby with the bath water that is not fair nor just
ada24:

can someone explain to me how the undercover journalist can make up a story and then the pastor diagnoses demon possession and nobody questions him.

the one that made me sick was Kays story. sex for prayers?

i don't have the energy for a long response except why do people who claim to have intelligence be so gullible - yes everybody deserves a good life but how can a pastor be asking for money in exchange for prayers. plus why is deya still in the uk, honestly the home office is not doing a good job
problem is many dont want to live the kingdom life but want the kingdom benefit of being free. you ought to know how many good churches these people we call gulible pass before going to these buy 1 get 1 free churches.

people want to be free from demons but have no problem sinning like fish in the river drinks water. self deception is what is worrying africans. everything has its price but we dont want to pay the price of being christian yet expect miracles. continue to visit these rougue churches and lets seehow itl ends
Re: Britain's Witch Children - African 'churches' Abusing Children In The Uk by WhiteOne(f): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2010
All is a very bad mix out of american preaching, misinterpretation of the bible, african traditions and believes and the unwillings to accpet Europe is not place everybody is a dotcor or a lawyer, drives a nice car and owns a big house.

What happend to the rich Yoruba tradition along the way and why everybody is just chopping money

I am sorry to say - some White Garment Churches and some Power Healing, Power Praying, Fire Mountain and Delivery Churches.

WHO is there? woman/man, who kicked there husband/wife away, who have children from different men/woman,  woman and men, who sleeped with someboby, whenwas or still is married, and people, who have done business not in a good manner.

They are looking for an easy way out, to pay there way out and the so called pastors are just hustlers.

The british goverment should speak out. What is with the African people themself?

Why not meet up, to go to this kind of churches and tell the so called pastor what you think about him!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Residents Did You Get This Sms From The Nsa And Npf??? / Young Lady Found Naked On Streets Of Makurdi (Photos) / PARTSS: Why Did You Start Yahoo-yahoo ? Have You Achieved Your Goals ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.