Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Angry Black Woman - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Angry Black Woman (1543 Views)

Just Another Day At Mcdonalds-black Woman / Do You Know Sarah Baartman? The Black Woman Who Died Because Of Her Sexy Body / The Idea Of A Strong Black Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Angry Black Woman by Navi613: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2010
Thank you, White people, for all you’ve done for Blacks.

Thank you for kidnapping and/or buying my ancestors in Africa, packing them onto ships where malnutrition, disease, anti-hygenic conditions, beatings, and rape ensured that a significant percentage did not survive the trip, but enough did for you to turn a profit.

Thank you for enslaving my ancestors, forcing them to labor in the fields and in your houses for no pay (room and board is certainly enough!), in poor living conditions, without education, without their families, in many cases, and without hope that their lives would ever get better.

Thank you for raping and beating my ancestors, I appreciate it. Thanks also for forcing them to “breed” as if they were animals, selecting out certain men and women for their strength, hoping that their children would be strong, too, and be able to pick more cotton or engage in other work you couldn’t be bothered to do yourself.

Thank you, White people, for freeing us from actual slavery only to put us in virtual slavery with sharecropping. Additionally, thanks for messing up Reconstruction, enacting Jim Crow laws, lynching, and poll taxes.

Thank you for silencing, assassinating, or disappearing those who inspired us to do better, be better, and stop taking racist shit every minute of our lives. We didn’t need them, anyway.

Thank you for making sure our schools were underfunded, that our neighborhoods were filled with drugs, that any attempts to get the government to correct any lingering problems of racism were labeled “hand outs,” and perpetrating the myth of the Black Welfare Queen taking her food stamps and driving off in a Porche.

We have so much to be grateful for, you see.

And so my brothers and sisters won’t forget:

Thank you, Europeans, for all you’ve done for us through the centuries.

Thank you for coming down to Africa and deciding that every brown or black person you saw was an uneducated savage, assuming because their culture was not like your culture, that they had none worth noting or caring about.

Thank you for colonizing the continent, inciting strife between different tribes, playing one tribe against another until, once many were weakend, you took down the one that was meant to be your ally.

Thank you for using up the continents’ natural resources, for destroying the land in an effort to exploit the natural resources, and for abandoning areas that you , ed up when it became clear it wasn’t going to be profitable for you.

Thank you for inventing the Transatlantic Slave Trade. We owe you one.

Thank you for your continued interference in Africa, which has caused no end of fighting, no end of exploitation, and has contributed to the current climate in many African countries.

Thank you for Apartheid. And throwing Mandela in jail. We didn’t need him, anyway.

Thanks, White people, for everything you’ve done for Black people in America and Africa. We really, really should be more grateful and keep these thoughts in our hearts.

External Source http://theangryblackwoman./2008/04/04/thank-you-white-people/
Re: The Angry Black Woman by papa190(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
Im not in the mood to read rite now

Im moving a polictical party to try and have my ID 190 RELEASED

maybe when im released i would come back to read everytin

pardon yourself me
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
Enough of this stereotype.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by shakerz1: 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
ur insecure every person who plays the race card should jump off a cliff, damn u got a black prez STFU already
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
shakerz_1:

your insecure every person who plays the race card should jump off a cliff, damn u got a black prez STFU already

Touché.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by shakerz1: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Get over it, love. S*** happens, you can either be stuck in the past or get on with your life, and I for one couldn't care less for those who play the victim and/or race card grin
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
shakerz_1:

Get over it, love. S*** happens, you can either be stuck in the past or get on with your life, and I for one couldn't care less for those who play the victim and/or race card grin

Touché.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Navi613: 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^shakerz_1
You are so oblivious to race and everything around you aren't you? It's not right to blame the entire world's problems on one race, but it is just as silly [hell, it is soooo much more bleeping silly] to say that one should just get OVER thousands of years' worth of injustices. mess the race, EVERY SINGLE PERSON OF COLOR is oppressed by the white race. Don't try to fuc.king say that that isn't true. White people belong to a group of the oppressors and people of color belong to the oppressed. You don't just GET OVER that. I for one don't give two fu.cks about racially ignorant white people
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
Navi613:

^^shakerz_1
You are so oblivious to race and everything around you aren't you? It's not right to blame the entire world's problems on one race, but it is just as silly [hell, it is soooo much more bleeping silly] to say that one should just get OVER thousands of years' worth of injustices. mess the race, EVERY SINGLE PERSON OF COLOR is oppressed by the white race. Don't try to fuc.king say that that isn't true. White people belong to a group of the oppressors and people of color belong to the oppressed. You don't just GET OVER that. I for one don't give two fu.cks about racially ignorant white people

Speak for yourself.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Acidosis(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
Thank you sir for posting a past (bad) occurence, we don't need it anyway.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by shakerz1: 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
Yawn. And we don't care about people like you. Like I said, move on or stay stuck in the past, your call.

Every single race has been detrimental to others at certain times, just some of us don't stay stuck on it for our whole lives. Appreciate history and educate yourself, but don't get a massive chip on your shoulder that is only going to harm yourself in life. Also, you should really try conducting an adult response without talking like a hoodrat.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by ice234: 12:30am On Jul 27, 2010
too long to read
Re: The Angry Black Woman by vivaladiva(f): 1:43am On Jul 27, 2010
ahhhhh cut d crap---d question u sud b asking ur self is---wat ave u done for ur self and ur community lately
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Gabry(f): 3:22am On Jul 27, 2010
@Topic,

U are very most welcome! grin cheesy grin
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2010
shakerz_1:

Yawn. And we don't care about people like you. Like I said, move on or stay stuck in the past, your call.

Every single race has been detrimental to others at certain times, just some of us don't stay stuck on it for our whole lives. Appreciate history and educate yourself, but don't get a massive chip on your shoulder that is only going to harm yourself in life. Also, you should really try conducting an adult response without talking like a hoodrat.
a typical response from a tiny teenager
Re: The Angry Black Woman by iice(f): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2010
Most people 'play' the race card to get out of something or to get something out of something.  Plus the 'validation' that comes with it helps.  Meanwhile Naija is still waiting for miracle in the form of Elijah descending from sky to set the country right.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Tosinville(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2010
Wetin bring dis kind thing con romance sef?
Re: The Angry Black Woman by tpiah: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
well, much as we'd like to wish history away. . . . . . . . . .that's not going to happen.

there should be another thank you letter for those africans who think it's their birthright to nazify africa.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by xxcarolxx(f): 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
Its not only africans who suffered, the irish were also put down by there fellow white man, my ancestors were also abused and were made slaves by the white man. But its history. My ancestors fought for the freedom of our country.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by tpiah: 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^were the irish brought over on stinking slave ships bound in chains as chattel slaves?

was their color an identifier across generations?
Re: The Angry Black Woman by xxcarolxx(f): 12:08am On Jul 28, 2010
The irish were sent on slave ships to australia.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by tpiah: 12:16am On Jul 28, 2010
^^ as chattel slaves?
Re: The Angry Black Woman by mamagee3(f): 12:25am On Jul 28, 2010
I still don't get the point of this thread.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Tunexsy(m): 12:27am On Jul 28, 2010
A thank u letter and may God reward u back should also be send to our leaders who have followed in d steps of d white man to oppress their fellow country men, willing to stay in power like it their father's property and oppressing the poor, whom ask of their favour to help defend their right, again may the lord reward them am their offspring in great fold.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by xxcarolxx(f): 12:35am On Jul 28, 2010
A little irish history, The irish slave trade began in 1600 when james 11 sold irish prisoners to english settlers in antigua montserrat to name a few of the countries. During the 1650 over 100,000 children were taking from their parents and sold. Africian slaves were considered more valuable than an irish slave, an africian slave was sold for 50 pounds as an irish slave was sold for 5 pounds. If an irish slave was whipped or killed it didnt matter as they were cheaper than africans. If an irish slave rebelled he was hung by his hands and his feet set alight or either had their heads chopped off and placed on pikes to serve as a warning to others. The english then began to breed irish women with african men to save money on slaves also these mixed race kids were also sold at market at a higher price. Yes they were bound on their rat infested slave ships.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Tunexsy(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2010
We human' are also savages if not for law am order we would have one another for breakfast.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by tpiah: 2:13am On Jul 28, 2010
xxcarolxx:

A little irish history, The irish slave trade began in 1600 when james 11 sold irish prisoners to english settlers in antigua montserrat to name a few of the countries. During the 1650 over 100,000 children were taking from their parents and sold. Africian slaves were considered more valuable than an irish slave, an africian slave was sold for 50 pounds as an irish slave was sold for 5 pounds. If an irish slave was whipped or killed it didnt matter as they were cheaper than africans. If an irish slave rebelled he was hung by his hands and his feet set alight or either had their heads chopped off and placed on pikes to serve as a warning to others. The english then began to breed irish women with african men to save money on slaves also these mixed race kids were also sold at market at a higher price. Yes they were bound on their rat infested slave ships.

Following the arrival of twenty Africans aboard a Dutch man-of-war in Virginia in 1619, the face of American slavery began to change from the "tawny" Indian to the "blackamoor" African in the years between 1650 and 1750. Though the issue is complex, the unsuitability of Native Americans for the labor intensive agricultural practices, their susceptibility to European diseases, the proximity of avenues of escape for Native Americans, and the lucrative nature of the African slave trade led to a transition to an African based institution of slavery. During this period of transition, however, the colonial "wars" against the Pequots, the Tuscaroras, the Yamasees, and numerous other Indian nations led to the enslavement and relocation of tens of thousands of Native Americans. In the early years of the eighteenth century, the number of Native American slaves in areas such as the Carolinas may have been as much as half of the African slave population. During this transitional period, Africans and Native Americans shared the common experience of enslavement. In addition to working together in the fields, they lived together in communal living quarters, produced collective recipes for food and herbal remedies, shared myths and legends, and ultimately became lovers. The intermarriage of Africans and Native Americans was facilitated by the disproportionality of African male slaves to females (3 to 1) and the decimation of Native American males by disease, enslavement, and prolonged wars with the colonists.

As Native American societies in the Southeast were primarily matrilineal, African males who married Native American women often became members of the wife's clan and citizens of the respective nation. As relationships grew, the lines of distinction began to blur. The evolution of red-black people began to pursue its own course; many of the people who came to be known as slaves, free people of color, Africans, or Indians were most often the product of integrating cultures. In areas such as Southeastern Virginia, The Low Country of the Carolinas, and Silver Bluff, S.C., communities of Afro-Indians began to spring up. The depth and complexity of this intermixture is revealed in a 1740 slave code in South Carolina: all Negroes and Indians, (free Indians in amity with this government, and Negroes, mulattos, and mustezoes, who are now free, excepted) mulattos or mustezoes who are now, or shall hereafter be in this province, and all their issue and offspring, shall be and they are hereby declared to be, and remain hereafter absolute slaves

The first known Virginia statute punishing interracial sexual relations was enacted in 1662. Act XII, 2 Laws of Va. 170, 170 (Hening 1823) (enacted 1662), cited in, Leon Higginbotham, Jr. and Barbara K. Kopytoff, Racial Purity and Interracial Sex in the Law of Colonial and Antebellum Virginia, 77 Geo. L.J. 1967 (1989); supra, at 1993. As early as 1691, Virginia had enacted a statute punishing interracial marriage. Act XVI, Laws of Va. 86, 86-87 (Hening 1812) (enacted 1691), cited in, Higginbotham, supra, at 1995. The antimiscegenation laws and prohibitions were the legal manifestations of an often violently enforced taboo against sexual relations between white women and black men. The punishment in 1691 for marriage between an English or white individual and a black, mulatto, or Indian was banishment and removal from Virginia forever

Maryland Settlers pass law stipulating that all imported blacks are to be given the status of slaves. Free white women who marry black slaves are to be slaves during the lives of their spouses, Ironically, children born of white servant women and blacks are regarded as free by a 1681 law.

Maryland passes a law making lifelong servitude for black slaves mandatory to prevent them from taking advantage of legal precedents established in England which grant freedom under certain conditions, such as conversion to Christianity. Similar laws are later passed in New York, New Jersey, the Carolinas and Virginia.

One characteristic which set American slavery apart was its racial basis. In America, with only a few early and insignificant exceptions, all slaves were Africans, and almost all Africans were slaves. This placed the label of inferiority on black skin and on African culture. In other societies, it had been possible for a slave who obtained his freedom to take his place in his society with relative ease. In America, however, when a slave became free, he was still obviously an African

http://innercity.org/holt/slavechron.html
Re: The Angry Black Woman by forbidden5(m): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2010
I am sincerely overwhelmed that up till now, the African people are not aware of how improperly they are being treated.

It is with great awe and disappointment I have read through peoples reply to this post and not one of them gave thought to what the poster has written here. How then can Africa stand if its vast majority are living in ignorance and are not aware that racism is still alive.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!! everyone to the challenge RACISM IS STILL LIVING TILL TODAY!!!!!!! the poster is right. What is the meaning of immigration stringent laws in Arizona Do you know how many people die in Indonesia just because they are blacks? and Nigerian??/

Someday, one of these unaware posters will experience this and will be dumdfounded. I work in a multinational company and cant even remember how many times I have had to stand my ground for Nigeria and Africa.

LISTEN!!!!! the UK will not give you a job that can be done by their citizens and the EU except their people will not want the job.

The poster is right.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by Okijajuju1(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2010
Yall paid the price for what you are enjoying today.

A black man leader of the free world, who would have thought.
Re: The Angry Black Woman by tpiah: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^is the black man's name tpiah, or how exactly does that affect me?

plz explain.

(1) (Reply)

No Harm Intended, Just Want Advice. I Can't Understand Nigerian Men / Igbos Do You Know About The Ogwumagalaba? / Why Compare Mbiase Man With Snake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.