Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model (1614 Views)

See Photos Of Kia Seltos,The New Compact SUV Benchmark / Need Spare Part Of Kia Picanto / Reliability Of VOLVO XC 90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by FikAlim: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2018
Dear Nairalander,

I have an offer of KIA Carnival (KIA Sedona) for sale @ N850,000.

I would like to know if anybody in the house have an idea about the functionalities and reliability of this brand of car?

Although I have the following reservation:

- Back glasses not wining (Permanently sealed and Clip Glasses)
- Carries 6 plug engine

I am willing to look away from this faults as long as the AC and the price is right.

Kindly provide any guide and advice urgently.

P.S.

Based on Budget, I am also considering Mitsubishi Spacewagon, 2003/5 Model

1 Share

Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by nurey(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
if truly that is a carnival then it has the 2.5L V6 rover engine, from my research that engine was fitted to 2 very unreliable mistakes of a car the Rover freelander and the Rover 75 if you know you know.

The 3.5L fitted in the sedona for north America is very much ok. now the next thing that got me is the fuel economy for that size 15L/100km city 11L/100km highway haba for that Shikini size. If not we'll maintained chai the car go dey swallow fuel like mad tongue

my verdict is the vehicle is a dying breed maybe you should look at the mitsubishi spacerunners without the GDI engine.

1 Like

Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by FikAlim: 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
@ Nurey, Thank you for the insight. I appreciate.
Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by oweniwe(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
FikAlim:
@ Nurey, Thank you for the insight. I appreciate.
Please forget the kia.

There are many other similar vehicles in its category from other makers

Toyota Sienna or Picnic
Mazda MPV
VW Sharon
Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by FikAlim: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Based on Budget, I can't go for Sienna, since Tokunbo is my consideration.

The shape, space and look of The Kia wired my fancy and more importantly, the Price is right. Mazda and Sharon does not have the sea me appeal to me even they match the Price.

I just need a professional or user insight on its functionalities.

Although with additional budget, I'll be settling for Mitsubishi Spacewagon, just want to the insights on KIA functionalities first of.
Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by nurey(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2018
FikAlim:
Based on Budget, I can't go for Sienna, since Tokunbo is my consideration.

The shape, space and look of The Kia wired my fancy and more importantly, the Price is right. Mazda and Sharon does not have the sea me appeal to me even they match the Price.

I just need a professional or user insight on its functionalities.

Although with additional budget, I'll be settling for Mitsubishi Spacewagon, just want to the insights on KIA functionalities first of.

look at all this 7 seaters and see which one can replace the carnival

Toyota previa

Toyota Avanza

Honda shuttle

Isuzu Oasis

Opel Zafira

Peugeot 807 (manual preferably)

Nissan quest (1999-2002) only

Mitsubishi spacerunner/spacewalker/space jumper whatever they tag sha tongue

Hyundai Trajet

Renault Tondar

1 Like

Re: Can Anybody Advice On The Reliability Of Kia Carnival (sedona) 2007 Model by FikAlim: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
@ Nurey,

I have used Honda shuttle, 2000 before. I enjoyed the car so much.

I sold it earlier in the year (after 3 years of constant use) to buy Hyundai 200 to support my school business.

I love Previa, the 2005 model upward and Avanza, but they are way out of my N1.1m or less budget.

I am not considering nigeria used based on past experience.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On This 2006 Camry / My Great Experience At Rad Auto Works / Hyundai/kia Auto Electrical Technician Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.