Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

English Premier League Legend Retires For Good - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Premier League Legend Retires For Good (242 Views)

Bukayo Saka, Mo Salah, Casemiro Missing Fr Premier League Legend TOTS / Arjen Robben Retires For The Second Time At 37 After Battling Injuries / Champions League Legend And Founder Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

English Premier League Legend Retires For Good by queenonyebiri1(f): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba announced his retirement, calling time on a 20-year career in which the bullish centre forward won four English Premier League titles and the 2012 Champions League.

Drogba, who had been playing in the United States for Phoenix Rising, had two spells at Chelsea, scoring 164 goals in 381 games having spearheaded the west London club's revival under owner Roman Abramovich.

He also won four FA Cups and three League Cup victories during his time in west London.

"When I think of the last 20 years of my professional career, looking at this picture can't make me more proud of what I've achieved as a player but most importantly how this journey has shaped me as a man," Drogba wrote.

"If anyone tells you your dreams are too big, just say thank you and work harder and smarter to turn them into reality. #alwaysbelieve

"I wanna thank all the players, managers, teams and fans that I have met and made this journey one of a kind!!!

"Also a huuuuge thank you and love to my family, my personal team for supporting me all my career during the ups and downs no matter what.

"Looking forward to the next chapter and hoping God will bless me as much as he did for my football career."

Keep reading: https://www.queensmail.com/2018/11/english-premier-league-legend-retires.html

Source: [url]QUEENSMAIL.COM[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid’s Bernabeu To Host All-argentine Copa Libertadores Final. / Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon D'or Award / Free Tips, Get Free Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.