Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Bloodlust - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodlust (350 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloodlust by Perryfire(f): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
BLOOD LUST

CHAPTER ONE:

"Emily Emily Emily" a voice softly called out to the very dreamy Emily.

Grunting and sighing with frustration Emily's mum Abby Kent did the next possible thing she could to wake Emily.

"Since you've decided to sleep your first day in high school away, I have no other choice..."

With that she proceeded to Emily,s bathroom and brought out a bowl of very cold water. Before she could pour the water on her daughter, the sleeping beauty jumped up which made her frightened mother almost drop d water from her.

"Oh my God! Emily, you scared the hell out of me. What were you thinking?" Abby said clearly exasperated.

With a small smile, Emily hugged her mum and said, "Common mum, were you really going to pour water on me? Well something just told me to duck you know...like that intuition I always have. But don't worry, you can go down now I'll just have my bath real quick and join you."

"Are we going to tell her?" Emily's dad Michael Kent asked his wife minutes later after Emily had left for school.

Abby sighed, staring at her husband. At 45 he was already more successful than even his billionaire parents, and still as handsome as ever. But she could see the tired look in his eyes and it just made her want to...... A penny for your thought darling. His voice brought her back to the present.

"No we can't tell her." Abby replied, "She doesn't deserve that kind of weight on her shoulders, my baby is still that yes still a baby. She's sixteen for Gods sake" Abby continued.

"Darling, she's safer if she knows." her husband was obviously frustrated as he continued with his hand rummaging through his hair. "She'll be able to protect herself better. With us as an insider she's fully protected. Besides it's just a matter of time till they come looking for her, then what."

Abby sighed and said. "Let them try, I'll fight them with every power I have."

Michael sighed knowing he had lost this battle again. Even if deep down he knew he was right. He just had to think of a way to make his wife see reasons. Women he thought.

"I don't have all day Nina so you better hurry up or else I'll leave you!" Emily screamed as she called out to her best friend since almost forever.

With a smile she remembered when they first met. It was Emily's first day in school. She was just six and a happy child. But that didn't go too well with Sasha who tried to pull out her hair all in the name of wanting to sit in the best lunch seat. She was greeted with a smack on her back by a frowning Nina. From then on Emily knew they were going to be as close as close could get. Well that was ten years ago and this is Ummmm now......

"If you don't come out now I swear I'll...."Emily was saying when a smiling Nina cocked an eyebrow at her and said,

"Well drive your sweet, comfy car and stop thinking so much. So we won't start a legend about the high school freshers highway death."

"How did you even get in the car?" Emily began to ask but thought better and so started her car and drove off.

"So what's your plan for today 'little miss sunshine'?" Nina asked.

"Well it's the first day in high school I just plan on laying low and not let it get to my head. You?"

"Well I have a list of things."Nina began, "Like sleeping my way through Spring High, with every Dick and Harry I see."

"Could you be serious for just five secs?" Emily smiled at her friend.

"You know I'm kidding right?" Nina feigned anger to which Emily rolled her eyes and laughed.

Nina continued, "So let me get this straight. Spring High sweetheart, who is dating the most popular boy in school, making her the most popular girl in school, plans on just laying low. Sometimes I just feel like smacking you in the head to let you know a little fun in your completely boring life isn't that bad. I mean you keep a sour face even in the midst of a party, like who does that?" Nina threw her hands in the air and sighed.

"Look Ni," Emily said, "I know I'm not the party type of person and all but still common give me a break. Like you rightly said, I have to deal with dating the most popular guy in school and also having a slut as a best friend" she smiled as she said the last part. "I think I have enough on my plate already, everyone already sees me as the nicest and happiest person on Earth and always expect that. Forgive me for not wanting to add more to my plate."

"Ems, I just want you to step out from your well planned world and for Gods sake break up with that air head already. You just said you're dealing with him. I've always told you, the two of you together doesn't just do it. I'm sure deep down you know I'm right. You're just afraid to say it."

"I care about him Ni. And he's not that bad." Emily said as she stopped and spotted a place to park in school.

"This is why I don't do boyfriends." Nina said as they joined the crowd ready for their first day in school.

"Gosh, I just feel like slicing Sasha's lips into small pieces, you know. I mean is it just me or does that red lipstick make her lips look like a mountain lion?" Nina said.

Emily couldn't stop herself from smiling even if she wanted to laugh.

"Common Ni, that's rude. You can't say things like that she's a person, you know."

"No Ems rude is telling her to her face which is probably the best idea." She was still talking when they were interrupted by an all too familiar voice.
"Hey princess you look as stunning as ever." Emily's boyfriend, Nathan said.

Turning her around and kissing her lips which was welcomed by a disgusted look from Nina.

"Hey babe you're not looking bad yourself, you know." Emily answered with a smile which didn't reach her eyes. And trust Nina to notice.

"So it's the first day in high school and I've decided to throw a party. You know how it's done. Wear something sexy" he winked at her and turned to Nina, "you too bulldog."

"Wow he finally noticed me wait.... I actually don't care. Now walk away before the captain of the basketball team takes a beating from a girl" Nina said.

Nathan was about to reply when Emily came between them. "No fighting for God's sake, it's the first day."

With a shrug Nathan said, "Just for you babe." adding a dry smile "just for you. Well Keep a seat for me I'll see you at history" he yelled as he walked away, arrogantly as usual.

"You should have let me deal with him." Nina shot at Emily "he's way up his head and you're tired of him you know it."

"Ni please don't start I'm just trying to...."

"Well if it isn't our little princess." Sasha interrupted hands on hips, "Welcome back your highness." She continued in a mocking tone. "Well don't get all too excited cus I've got my eyes on Nathan. And what Sasha wants Sasha gets. I still don't get what he sees in you. You're always needy. You're like a liability. Just break up with him already, his life is easier without you and you know it."

"Well did you spend the whole holiday writing that poor speech?" Nina asked. "because if you did guess what I just graded it- and obviously, as usual you got an F." Nina spat back as she drew Emily away.

Emily sighed in her mind. She was tired of people dragging her, she thought. When would she learn to stand up for herself. When everything was said and done, Sasha was right she was just too damn needy. Her thoughts were interrupted by Nina saying something to her she couldn't quite grasp. Until she saw them. It wasn't just them that made her instantly tongue tied. It was one it. One very hot mysterious looking individual. Who she could swear she had seen before. But couldn't place a who where or when. You know familiar stranger and all. Whoever they were she was grateful they chose her school. For a reason unknown to her, she suddenly didn't feel lost anymore.

Hey loves don't keep shut tell me what you think. But personally I think people will love Nina though shout out to my girl Emily can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Xoxoxoxo love you guys plenty.
Re: Bloodlust by ashatoda: 6:49am On Nov 23, 2018
oya now please don't stop

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk Pan African-ism? What's The Identity Crisis With Africans? / Content Writers And Graphics Designers Needed Urgently! / Success, Fame And Price (a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.