Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe (1144 Views)

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela / [new Music] Sean Tizzle – Pempe / [video] Sean Tizzle – "Pempe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe by magazineguy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
The music industry is often spoken of as a male dominated arena, mostly because of the ratio of males to females in the leading positions of the different arms of the industry. The obvious areas are: the class of artists and artist managers; but in the less obvious fields like the field of producers, the gap between males to females is even more alarming – while there are leagues of male producers, Nigerian female producers, like Dunnie, are rare.

Dunnie handled the vocal and beat production of Sean Tizzle’s party-popular single titled “Pempe.” She is a skilled instrumentalist who learnt to play the drum, the guitar and the piano in her family church in Ibadan. Her music production career is an offshoot of her career as an Afro-fusion musician. She talks of the experience of being a unicorn in the field as “bitter sweet.” But she acknowledged its benefits saying, “I would say I have an edge as a producer than as a singer.”

She knew Black Jerzey from her time in Abuja, so she linked up with him when she got to Lagos. She played some of her beats for him to “critique.” It was during one of those sessions that Sean Tizzle heard her play what would become the “Pempe” beat and showed interest. “I was playing the beat and Tizzle walked in. He liked it. Initially he thought it was Jerzey’s beat but I said ‘I own the beat’. He recorded it (Pempe) and it happened.” She describes the incident as “being in the right place at the right time and being ready with beats.”

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/feminists-dunnie/

cc

lalasticlala, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Download Timaya - Akuna (instrumental) / Elveektor – Odogwu (burna Boy Cover) // Download Mp3 / Zeejay Hayan X Seyi Vibez – Fela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.