Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,741 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. (11375 Views)

4 Story Building Collapse At Iga Iduganran, Lagos Island, Many Trapped Inside / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. by uchenageme(m): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
Most times the client is to blame. They want to achieve the best building without paying for the professional services of the people required. Recently I worked with a client who decided to go for a builder who I didn't think was competent enough, just because his bid for the project was the lowest. This builder kept on telling the client that we over_designed.And that we loaded the foundation with too much reinforcements, just to prove to the client that he is good at his job. But, thank God I already have done several other projects with the client and he knows our standard so he had to continue with our advice. Some other client may have chosen to listen to the builder and ignore the structural designs.
Re: Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
ayufun:

As a professional in any dealing, you don't sacrifice your standard for cheap gain.

I had to leave a site which i was supervising in 2016 because the client wanted me to utter the structural drawing which my structural engineer did in other to cut cost. I cannot jeopardize my professional career because of a project..

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. by StudyCrestLtd: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
opalu:
Shear wall:- That building needed a shear wall to introduce advanced rigidity to the structural framework.
Foundation:- The foundation type must be right and the Foundation must be adequate.
Columns & Beams when these Structural Elements are not adequate, then there would be weakness in the entire structure. Same is true if the materials used are inadequate especially the Cement.

There are many clients who want to save a million and loss N10 million. Others can buy TV of N3m but to add N150k to add more Cement bags to their Slab, they won't bulge. Then when the slab caves in, all the imported finishes will be wasted.
View your structure as your bones and flesh. See the finishes and furnishes as the makeups and wears.

Give Priority to your building today! Always consult a Structural Expert. Get the right Structural design that works.

Lack of trust in the system leads to that and it is simply because people constantly look for how to make money at the expense of their clients. When a client knows that on every quote there is an unfair element of close to 100% increase then they hardly believe most quotations except where they've compared.
Re: Causes Of Building Collapse And Precautionary Measures To Take. by khairate(f): 5:23am On Nov 25, 2018
bitcoin215:
ok

The festive season is here again,the best time to buy from china and usa is now.Ship down @ $3.9/kg.

thief, thief, dont worry. I don put your matter for the right person hand. that #42,000 you go return am.
don't fall his victim o. he will run away with your hard earned money. beware. he doesn't work for any logistic company. he is a thief, liar and fraudster

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) / PLOTS OF LAND IN TAYAN HOMES, IDU. STILL SELLING, RUSH NOW! / In Need Of Shops In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.