Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,464 members, 7,826,767 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's (1978 Views)

7 Young Self-made Nigerian Millionaires To Inspire You / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise / Nigerian Millionaires: 45 Years Ago: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by courage89(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
How do we trace our steps back to this era, legacy and standards which has been set by our fathers?

Please, read the article to understand what I’m talking about.

This Time Magazine piece showcased the entrepreneurial spirit of our fathers while representing Africa, and they achieved their feats without skyrocketed oil prices.

This piece was written on sept 17 1965.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,842145-1,00.html
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by oyinda3(f): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
please don't talk like that.
there are more Nigerian millionaires even now. Just that TIME magazine is  less receptive to Nigeria and is more likely to publish the present millionaires as crooks (not saying there's no truth in that)
just know that all journalism is biased.

there is nothing glorious about that article. the last paragraph sums it up (US market interests, Nigerian failed hopes etc)
and trust me, i can dig up another 1960s TIMES article that portrays Nigerians as barbarians and bush people.
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by tpiah: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
oh well.
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by naijacutee(f): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
oyinda.:

please don't talk like that.
there are more Nigerian millionaires even now. Just that TIME magazine is  less receptive to Nigeria and is more likely to publish the present millionaires as crooks (not saying there's no truth in that)
just know that all journalism is biased.

there is nothing glorious about that article. the last paragraph sums it up (US market interests, Nigerian failed hopes etc)
and trust me, i can dig up another 1960s TIMES article that portrays Nigerians as barbarians and bush people.

Yes, there are definitely more Nigerian millionaires now; but what I belive the poster is trying to bring out is the fact that the featured millionaires made by money by exploring "niche" narkets, not following the oil bandwagon. Thus, we don't need to look only upon the oil.
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by oyinda3(f): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
yea that's definitely something.
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by mamagee3(f): 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
I can't believe that show exists in Nigeria. . .

Anyway, good thing it's back!
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by enomakos(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
naijacutee:

Yes, there are definitely more Nigerian millionaires now; but what I belive the poster is trying to bring out is the fact that the featured millionaires made by money by exploring "niche" narkets, not following the oil bandwagon. Thus, we don't need to look only upon the oil.

u are right
Re: The Nigerian Millionaires Back In The 60's by courage89(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
naijacutee:

Right on the money.

(1) (Reply)

Forever Living Products. / Very Clean Bold2(white) For Sale @45k Call 07031572166 / Electronic Prices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.