Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (63656 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Problem With Lagos Real Estate! / LAGOS HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE: My ‘7-star Hotel’ Story (ended In Tragedy), By Osibona / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by emmanuelrabb(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2018
Good morning everyone

I live beside a river which only flows during raining season.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Swegzfreak: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by emmanuelrabb(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2018
More photos

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Seun(m): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2018
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.

366 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Termites have their own cure. Just find it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by cybriz82(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2018
Just go to wood market n complain to them,,they knw d right chemical to give u for spraying d wood,,thinner mix with some stuffs,,,

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by tileygrouty(m): 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by hisexcellency34: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Relocate to somewhere safe first, fumigate and come back. For safety purpose

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by tayour917i(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
just use Google... honestly you'll see methods

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by benzene00: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Op, there is something I need you to clarify

Do You really live here or your poultry farm animals?

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by crestedaguiyi: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Every sickness get cure
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by braveboy64(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
may God help us
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by LamidicownuBSS: 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Am coming, just give me 5minute

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nonye6194: 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
have same issue in one of our rented houses. Termites can do a whole damage to any structure with wood

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Sisqoman(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by BabaCommander: 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mami water termite
grin angry
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by SkinnyNigga: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
buy sorognom,..dont know if I got the name right.. that's what I used In my house when termite attacked my two wooden doors

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
The Wood used for the roofing is Bad. Try and re-roof your house and make these problems know to a professional.

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by fk001(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.

There are implications in killing or destroying a whole termites colony.

I am a first hand witness.

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by BabaCommander: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:

A logically good advice but his case appears deeper than just a simple natural occurrence considering that he had fumigated it several times. Perhaps he should consider doing a family/house deliverance and see what would be revealed.

I no say u no wan hear the last part Sha grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dangoteinlaw: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Those trolls on Nairaland acting like they know it all this is how their home looks. The more reason u shouldn't argue with anyone online

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Uglymugg: 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
fk001:

There is implications in killing or destroying a whole termites colony.

I am a first hand witness

List the damn implications! !

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by lawalosky(m): 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
See trashes many are spewing here, op and buy ant-termite spray and tank me later
;
;
;
i was disturbed whn i read the part "bury a dog"
;
what sort of insanity is dis

34 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by fletcherA: 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
quote author=fk001 post=73331519]

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks.

[/quote]

Really. Tell us..

11 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mollode: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Get a pesticide called Hercules and follow the instruction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by richardbola: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Fumigate. Ur house properly u can. Call me on dis number 07036220370. Richard

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
Leave them. They are just friends, they mean no harm.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sisqoman:
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later

Rubbish.

16 Likes

fk001:

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks..

What are the implications Please?

Knowledge sharing

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by carbon1224(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
The termite are from the wood and have had the same occurance but I think what you need to do is to replace the roofing wood.let them remove all the roofing woods and get a original well grown woods.its in the market .

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Aquariann: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
First of all, you have to reroof your building with stronger woods. Then secondly as the new wood are being nailed in place, the carpenter using a paint brush applies condemned engine oil on the wood.

That is like painting the planks black using condemned engine oil. This should last a lifetime as the hydrocarbon present in the oil will never wear off making the wood uninhabitable for the termites.

Don't bother about people saying fumigate (some just dey sell market) because after a while the effect of the fumigation wears off and insects are all over the place again.

This is how it's done in the town I grew up in.

90 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.