Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help (1829 Views)

If You Have Used These Set Of Phones,please Go And Marry / FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards / How Much Do You Know About Aliexpress Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Shayooluwah(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
I need to know if this has happened to anyone of recent. I'm not new at buying things on AliExpress, my phone and other gadgets were all from there. I ordered a phone for my mum early November, it took longer than usual but it eventually came, the problem is that there is custom duty of 12k on it. The customs valued it at 70k, phone of 57k. 12k that's more than 15% of an hypothetical 70k. Anybody with similar experience? How did you solve it?
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Collins4u1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
through which carrier was it shipped?
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Gazzy88(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Shayooluwah:
I need to know if this has happened to anyone of recent. I'm not new at buying things on AliExpress, my phone and other gadgets were all from there. I ordered a phone for my mum early November, it took longer than usual but it eventually came, the problem is that there is custom duty of 12k on it. The customs valued it at 70k, phone of 57k. 12k that's more than 15% of an hypothetical 70k. Anybody with similar experience? How did you solve it?
I paid duty for my phone too. That's the latest with the customs. They are seriously bilking people this seaeon. I was surprised when I was asked to pay too. Welcome to nigeria
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Mustack: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
At the post office? Or where are they billing
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Shayooluwah(m): 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mustack:
At the post office? Or where are they billing
The bill came with the parcel, I'll have to pay for it before I can receive it.
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Mustack: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
Shayooluwah:

The bill came with the parcel, I'll have to pay for it before I can receive it.
At the post office?
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Shayooluwah(m): 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
Collins4u1:
through which carrier was it shipped?
AliExpress standard shipping oh. The one I always use.
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Shayooluwah(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mustack:

At the post office?
Yes.
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by Mustack: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Shayooluwah:

Yes.
Hmmmmmm
Re: Custom Duty On Aliexpress Phones. Please Help by shedy03(m): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Shayooluwah:
Sorry o. 2019 is almost here, hameed is sourcing for election money for his boss.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MTN Launches ‘affordable’ Smartphone / Hammer VPN Blazing Hot With All Network / Should I Buy This Phone ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.