Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus (12103 Views)

Dolapo Badmus: 'The 3 Things Yahoo Boys Spend Their Money On' / Nigerian Youth Take Over Betting Shops / Girl Caught Selling Marijuana To Students In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by gimmehear(f): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
Why Youths Take Marijuana – the basic truth

by Temi Badmus
Sex is power, no man dares stop when the rhythm has been set into motion. Drugs is affluence, a non negotiatiable drive once commenced. Whether it’s sex or drugs, we definitely have a name for it in our era… We call it strafing ( the act of moving from one realm of bitterness to a realm whose bitterness is higher but the feeling is void).

With the high demand rate for marijuana by youths, one would almost find himself having the desire to do same, forgeting that this product is not of good health benefits when taken with no prescription, very hazardous substance. The major movement against taking marijuana in Nigeria as far as I know is over 15 years now, the government even made it a compulsory topic in secondary schools and a course at tertiary level, yet, the demand has tripled over years and has become normal that even the government has ignored it for codeine.

Youths from across the world actually do have good reasons for taking these drugs, you derive a lot of things from taking marijuana and why they value it via the list below (it must be noted that this has become a normal business across the world, including Nigeria. There is this 40 per cent chance that it’s your best friend’s means of livelihood).
The reality drift
Stimulant/Depressant
Peer Pressure/Curiosity
Fun – food
Sex

The Drift from Reality.
I think you must have one way or the other learnt about this – in school, around or away from our hood. If you have never come across or experienced this yourself, well I am here writing that it is very true. You can’t be sober or sad after taking marijuana. It takes you to a whole new level of excitement, you see your problems drifting away, you see yourself so relaxed and on top of the world. You are not afraid of spirits, not think of man. I tell you for free, you can challenge sango (the god of thunder) once you are high on marijuana.
…it takes you away from reality.

Stimulant/Depressant
Since what goes up must surely come down and what has good effect will certainly come with some bad effects either little or huge. Marijuana stimulates the body, that is, increasing the physiological or nervous activities in your body as well as depressant, that is reducing those highness. The later is much more an advantage for doctors than youths. But just so you know, youths who have sleepless night, who want to have sex without argument, who just want get into extinction or a noiseless moment take marijuana. Youths who do not have desire for sex may consider taking marijuana to stimulate this sexual desire, that is like spicing up their sexual ability, since the inception of tramadol has been stood against.

Peer Pressure/Curiosity
I cannot roll into this topic without discussing peer pressure.
Peer Pressure always leads to curiosity and curiosity leads to “Stop taking”, “Continue Taking” or “Madness”. Lol! That last one is a shocker but that’s not my topic nah. Yes, people get mad on their first smoke trial and some people never again till they die, while some become addicted and others occasionally.

Back to the point, peer pressure comes to play when youths try to impress their boyfriends (boys to boys) but it’s worse and almost a must when your girlfriend (boy to girl) smokes. You will not just want to smoke or impress, you will want to prove you are better than her, and ow! These are the ones that usually lead to madness, the “overdo factor”. Curiosity of what it tastes like, the comparison with SK, Switch and other products also come to play. Then the ability to take more than the normal dosage your peer group is taking to see how far you can go.
And curiosity of course they say kills the cat.

Fun
For the fun of it, in parties and just regular gatherings, marijuana becomes fun when used to make food, rice, okra soup, pepper soup, sprinkled on barbeque and so on , this goes a long way in increasing excitement. It is only bad when you are not aware or aware and cannot handle it, another way to madness which may of course add some tips to the party.
It doesn’t end with food, drinks too get the mixture. Try that blend with Remmy Martins.

Sex
Nothing makes a boy or girl look sexy like marijuana. And nothing soft like marijuana makes a boy or girl fu*k for almost or over 1hr without getting tired or worst of all cum. The bad side of this is rape, battering when you say no and unplanned pregnancy.

So basically marijuana is helping youths achieve things but definitely in the wrong way.
http://gimmehear.com/youth-take-marijuana/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
I hope very soon, people will realize just how good weed is.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by LifeofClinton(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
You reaching a sense where you strong enough, can take a little smoke (makes smoking animation) Sound of all them car a pass… although you live in a city you don’t hear it. Because you’re thinking. Your friend leave you just live so. You know, the whole world confuse you and you worried and you don’t have no time to think. Herb is a ting that give a little time to yourself so you can live. If you use it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by BruncleZuma: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2018
Lies...all lies, show me your research or STHU.

6 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Cutefergieee: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Nukilia: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2018
Lies
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by slawomir: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2018
Isoright
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Jamiubond009(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2018
angry

8 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Austema(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2018
I tell you for free, you can challenge sango (the god of thunder) once you are high on marijuana. [/Quote]
And the danger of it is that Sango will eventually destroy you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Richdad50(m): 11:29am On Nov 28, 2018
ok
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by seunmohmoh(f): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Youth don't take marijuana, they ABUSE it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by ExAngel007(f): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2018
I love MJ

9 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Jaynom(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2018
undecided op I hope you know that Marijuana Has Health benefits? You can put Weed in food or boil it and drink it like tea. Like any other Medicine it's ABUSE is the problem but not the Drug

7 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Alepa(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2018
The attached picture though.
Lmao
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by SenhorSean(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2018
Nice write up!... grin Op didnt hide the fact that the shiiit is dope but unhealthy. Mj is good but don't Abuse it...at your own risk
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Magalan: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by viqSmallz(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2018
Herb! Man is a herbivore. Mans gotta take some roots for the purification of the system. Ah whachu know?

9 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2018
Thank God that I don't smoke.
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Naijawebmaster: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Peer Pressure and Depression are major reasons.
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Austema(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2018
seunmohmoh:
Youth don't take marijuana, they ABUSE it.
I love this statement, some people use it to cook as well.
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by chendstone: 11:38am On Nov 28, 2018
Medical drugs kills over 300.0000 people a year why weed has never killed anyone in history and yet one is legal cause they want to make money

MJ is not drug

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by wittyt98(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2018
All you've talked about is very very true.
peer pressure and curiosity made me try out marijuana in 2015 and I've been a fan ever since grin

yes it damages the lungs bla bla bla but even non smokers die in their sleep, car accidents, etc so fvck it.

instead of criminalizing it cus the smoke damages the lungs why not help think and create other means of consuming marijuana without having to smoke it?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by ojmetrix(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2018
another half baked journalist

6 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by MufasaRebirth: 11:43am On Nov 28, 2018
Op Are you talking about weed or are you trying to tarnish the image of Nigeria police force, I don’t understand ooo grin

The attached picture though Smh
Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by harley88(m): 11:45am On Nov 28, 2018
Only if this Temi Badmus has smoked weed before would I believe all this thrash. Nigerians be criticizing weed smokers cos they don't understand it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by willbayo(m): 11:48am On Nov 28, 2018
It makes me paranoid anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Apus: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2018
Tried it once and almost went mad.

I noticed it either heightens your fear or suppresses it, whichever you concentrate on when U skunk.

Ain't doing it again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Youth Take Marijuana By Temi Badmus by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Tried it and nothing is so amazing. It is a nervous system reset and deprograms the mind.

Will I try it again ?

Hell Yes

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Set New Heroin Ingestion Record: 2.155kg! / EFCC Docks Man For N7.6m Fraud In Kano (Photo) / New Female Tenants Kidnaps 4 Children From Different Parents In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.