Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy (3311 Views)

Comedian Alibaba React To Jet Suit Designed By A Student, Blast Nigerian Govt / Mi Blast Nigerian Rapper's Like Olamide,phyno Etc Says They Look Up To Him / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Mcoutureankara(f): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
The nollywood actress who was present at the Afrima awards in Ghana has joined her colleague Tuface to share her view on Nigerian government/economy.

Omotola wrote;

Okay... So this Amongst other things was quite alarming on my trip to Ghana.
Hmm... I changed N10,000 (Ten thousand Naira) and it was only worth .....
C120 ( One hundred and twenty cedis)
Not C1,200 and certainly not 12,000 cedis but a mere 120 cedis!!!
1 dollar in ghana is 4.8 cedis !
#Ghanamustgo and they have Truly now Gone and left us in the dark.
I don’t want to talk about the airport , Tubaba has already talked about that but I forgot both my phones while signing the immigration cards, about 10mins later, it was announced to pick it up at guest services! Ha!
#GiantofAfrica ? #Getbusy #Getbusy #Getbusy ���. Abi? I’m I missing something? Oya economists discuss... phew.

Source
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/11/26/10000-naira-is-worth-mere-120-cedis-in-ghana-omotola-blast-nigerian-economy/

cc Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Jayskit: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by falcon01: 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
What do you expect?? The country is f*cked up. And all we do is come online and rant shikina.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by crestedaguiyi: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mugu

Youths like you brought about that change in Ghana with their platfirms.

Yours is for showing off
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by oyin44: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
What is she doing there?Haba na her be the only Nigerians for there.
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Hundreddegrees(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
Our travails will continue as long as what we do is post or complain about it on social media, most youths on social media don't have their pvc, even if you get your pvc, you can not be sure of credible elections..

My guy, naija matter don tire me sad

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
It's not always about ranting on social media. Madam, what have you done with your celebrity status as a Nigerian? How many lives have you touched? Change begins with you. Our mindsets are fùcked up! I'm sure that the maid in your house is suffering so why won't Nigeria be what it is when we're selfish?

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
It's not always about ranting on social media. Madam, what have you done with your celebrity status as a Nigerian? How many lives have you touched? Change begins with you. Our mindsets are fùcked up! I'm sure that the maid in your house is suffering so why won't Nigeria be what it is when we're selfish?
simple search would have saved you this nonsense you wrote

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by balanceofterror1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
The NEXT LEVEL go sweet die.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
Nigeria is rich, in fact over rich

Nigeria's problems didn't start today.. even 25 years later, Nigeria will still suffer

its not always about the government

navigate to politics section and see youths that are suppose to come together and vote out these fools they call politicians....but no, they are fighting for PDP and APC .... grin

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by MJBOLT: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
trash

kimbraa:

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by oyin44: 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Make she go Bleep herself..she complains a lot.
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmax:
simple search would have saved you this nonsense you wrote
And what was I supposed to search?
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
This woman does not know the meaning of economy. The naira still has more value.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
And what was I supposed to search?
BRAIN
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmax:
BRAIN
You ended up making no sense. When next you claim to have an opinion, do so with facts.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
You ended up making no sense. When next you claim to have an opinion, do so with facts.
yea.....come let me hold your hands and help you search for omotola's humanitarian achievements

if that's what you were asking for, I still suggest you should search for brain
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmax:
yea.....come let me hold your hands and help you search for omotola's humanitarian achievements

if that's what you were asking for, I still suggest you should search for brain
You still didn't give me anything to work with. Is it the foundations they pioneer and then us it to enrich their family? You're lost in Nigeria. See who get brain! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Goodlyone(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Madam! Value of currency does not define value of economy

3 Likes

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Olodo24: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Goodlyone:
at least let's have value of currency first and see prices of goods depreciate

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
You still didn't give me anything to work with. Is it the foundations they pioneer and then us it to enrich their family? You're lost in Nigeria. See who get brain! cheesy
see who's talking about getting facts before having an opinion grin..

you're not intelligent grin
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by EvilMetahuman: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Goodlyone:
dont mind illiterate yeyebrity dat just wants to talk
Does she know how hard It is to even get that money in ghana compared to nigeria.

Does she know lagos economy Is bigger than cameroon and her beloved ghana combined?.

I used to think she has sense ni.

4 Likes

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmax:
see who's talking about getting facts before having an opinion grin..

you're not intelligent grin

You're just rigmaroling. I don't need validation from anonymous individuals and don't comment in a bid to put off intelligence. That's what most of you on here do, but end up showing your ignorance. This is my last mention to you.
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
You're just rigmaroling. I don't need validation from anonymous individuals and don't comment in a bid to put off intelligence. That's what most of you on here do, but end up showing your ignorance. This is my last mention to you.
backing out already? grin

all I did was use your words against you, and it made you look stupid grin

bye Felicia kiss....
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmax:
backing out already? grin

all I did was use your words against you, and it made you look stupid grin

bye Felicia kiss....
You and I don't have a conversation, we never did. Take a second look at all you've typed and tell me the area in which you said something substantial other than claiming Omotola does Humanitarian activities. Humanitarian activities like what and what? How far has it gone? Who are her benefactor? How many States does it cover? It's not about taking pictures for the glam. Go figure!
Your brain power is too small to make me rattle my brain.
Bye Felix! cheesy
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by WetinUGain: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
@Omotola, Indeed, u missed a lot.
1. Wat is 4.8 cedis?
2. We have had series of Nigerians who had returned lost money,so to me, no need to cry about that. There are fraudulents people in Ghana just as they exist in Nigeria.
3.You have shown that you are not abreast with the news and information around you. Ghana cancelled some few zeroes on their currencies some years back. So, d 120 you pointed out , is actually 1,200,000...4 zeroes were removed from their currency ,thereby, making it to lose 75% of its value
4. Ghana with the population of Lagos has only one international airport and it was just recently renovated (think last year or this year).

So, Mrs Omotola, try to follow the news, it save some embarrassment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by lilmax(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimbraa:
You and I don't have a conversation, we never did. Take a second look at all you've typed and tell me the area in which you said something substantial other than claiming Omotola does Humanitarian activities. Humanitarian activities like what and what? How far has it gone? Who are her benefactor? How many States does it cover? It's not about taking pictures for the glam. Go figure!

Bye Felix! cheesy
boomerang grin

you aren't worth conversing with

why should I show you when you've made up your mind she does it for pictures? grin....you see how braindead you are?

you just like a blind woman, no matter how your failures are shown to your face you can't see it, even when you know you're a failure grin

hope you get it now? grin
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by LesbianBoy(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buhari must go
Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by pomide(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
I hate when people are myopic. Especially respected celebrities, Whew! This Life!

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by Goodlyone(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
Olodo24:
at least let's have value of currency first and see prices of goods depreciate

Ghana in question redenominated their currency some years back, is that what you want?

If what you want is to shore up the value of naira, currency redenomination won't give that.

The price level of goods or purchasing power you mentioned can only be achieved by improving Nigeria's productivity (i.e increasing local production of goods, reducing importation of goods and diversifying our economy by increasing exportation of finished products).

Value of currency does not define value of economy.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Naira Is Worth Mere 120 Cedis In Ghana- Omotola Blast Nigerian Economy by stillwendy(f): 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
What she didn't tell us is how she spent 35cedis on cab/private taxi and the ride isn't more than 30mins. Ghana currency doesn't have value. You can use 10,000naira for something reasonable but in Ghana 120cedis won't last you for 1week.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bambam & Teddya Share Hilarious Kitchen Video As They Prepare Delicious Eforiro / Chelsea Boss Frank Lampard Sympathize With N'golo Kante / Kevin Hart Gifts His Daughter Heaven $85k Mercedes Benz On Her 16th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.