Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa (19867 Views)

Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / 2020 Friendship Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
A group of young women who are best friends have qualified as doctors from the University of the Free State, South Africa.

“We are prepared for anything and everything; our MBChB prepared us for the worst. We are confident that we will be able to handle whatever comes our way,” said Tshepang Motete, 24.

Motete, originally from Marquard in the Free State, said she was proud to be the first person to become a doctor in her family.
Despite being born and bred in a rural area and being raised by parents who were not professionals, Motete said she was determined to make her dream a reality.

“The fact that I wasn’t born in a family of professionals really played a huge role ... because I took a decision to say I’d push against all odds,” she told TimesLIVE.
The group started off as classmates and ended up as friends in 2015.

“In our class there were probably 130 students, with only nine black girls, so we grew closer because we could relate to each other,” said Motete.

“It wasn’t easy to adapt to so many changes, for example, we had to use technological devices a lot. Staying at the university’s residence really made a difference because senior students were there to help us,” she said.

Thato Mosehle, 23, originally from the North West province, also said she was the first one to qualify as a doctor in her family. She expressed no fears for the future, but does have a concern about patients’ mindsets.

“I believe our programme prepared us for anything really. However, I am just concerned about stereotypes among our people,” said Mosehle.
Friends share their collective achievement after qualifying as medical doctors.

“There are patients who would prefer an older (nursing) sister over a young doctor. There are males who prefer to be attended to by other males, but I am strong enough to handle all that.”
Mosehle said she was shocked when a social media user commented on her picture, saying: “Congrats on Seven female friends qualify as medical doctors in South Africa qualification, I hope you will treat us like white doctors.”

Asked about the future, the friends said their mission was to make a difference in the health system.
“Giving back and serving our communities is something really close to us,” said Mosehle, who got a car gift from her parents three days ago.
The group will officially graduate on December 6.

Source

5 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by youngds: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2018
They're fine sha.. Result of good formation, by best guess 4:4:2 cool

3 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by MarianaTrench: 7:14am On Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations to them!

1 Like

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Ayindesegun10(m): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2018
Good for them

Contact me for your website design or if you want to create a site or blog. For an affordable fee. I also repair laptops.
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by demmie04: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2018
Doctors but look like slay queen this are Soji (wake up) doctors

1 Like

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by RomeoEmpire(m): 7:16am On Nov 28, 2018
Success Babes
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by BIDOO(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2018
This Is Beautiful.
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Innoxxacs: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2018
it ain't easy to stay up all the years required for medicine with straight up FOCUS
But not withstanding,

With a good vision and knowing what they truly wanted out of life THEY MADE IT

Lesson: when you've carved out what you really want out of life, putting the effort required getting it becomes almost as easy as eating a piece of cake

whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve

6 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by joeyswift(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2018
Slay queens with empty brains will avoid this thread. Click like for hardworking and resourceful young ladies out there

15 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by lilmax(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2018
these are friends

not the

"hwfa, you don knack am?"
"guy she dey come, make I just use your room abeg, I go clean am?"
"you better use your brain, chop he money o"
"babes, that married man say make we come meet am for that place"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Rayboss(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2018
@op Where are the other two? All I can see is 5 beautiful ladies with brains wink

1 Like

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2018
See fresh babes with brain

The real slay Queen's

cool

2 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by OsuMustGo: 7:28am On Nov 28, 2018
Nigeria is a very useless country...

Waiting for seven SouthAfrican friends to qualify to be doctors of tomorrow in Nigeria.

With all the xenophobics, Nigerians still troop to South Africa every day.
I no go pity una when dem kill una.

1 Like

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by tolexy007(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2018
joeyswift:
Slay queens with empty brains will avoid this thread. Click like for hardworking and resourceful young ladies out there

u no this not Bobyrisky or Davido and Chioma topic
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by AmazingELixir: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2018
embarassed

How come they're five on the pix ....

Better girls better country at 24years of age they're already qualified doctors look at their faces still very fresh in Naija lectures and ASUU will frustrate undergraduates until stress will nearly kill them and yet after everything no job.

Nigeria shall be well again.
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by speedyconnect3: 7:34am On Nov 28, 2018
Where are the rest?
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by habibat4040: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2018
GET THE BEST WEB DESIGN EXPERIENCE WITHOUT BURNING YOUR POCKET, SEE INCREDIBLE FEATURES AND BENEFITS

We Design and Develop ALL TYPES and KINDS of Websites, Web Apps and Mobile Apps that are custom-made for your Business, Organization or Brand

What You Get…..

== SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos

DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business

Gets Started, NOW!

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Ruddyman(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2018
This is what it means to dream, chase and become your dreams

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Abeyjide: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2018
nice. that one in green
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Firgemachar: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2018
The real slay queens

Kudos!
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by folake4u(f): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2018
lilmax:
these are friends

not the

"hwfa, you don knack am?"
"guy she dey come, make I just use your room abeg, I go clean am?"
"you better use your brain, chop he money o"
"babes, that married man say me we come meet am for that place"

grin grin.

I'm telling you. I hate it when girls do that thing 'chop him money clean mouth and block am'. It's really annoyingundecided

3 Likes

Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by udomma1005(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2018
This is the best way to slay,I doff my itam to dem true slay queens!
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Fumiex(f): 10:22am On Nov 28, 2018
the same South Africa that killed my sister..... mtcheew
Re: Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa by Agugbadin: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
Congratulations

(1) (Reply)

My Journey After Graduation In 2012 / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter / 4 Myths About Ican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.