Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola (730 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Celebrates Son, Michael's Graduation From University / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Daughter Gives Her A "Facial Mask" (Photos) / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by 360NGUpdates: 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ghana’s Cedi has more value than Naira – Omotola

Veteran Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, was in Ghana for the All Africa Music Awards 2018.

So she had some super nice experiences and it appears she wish to be a Ghanaian.

Omotola noted that our Ghanaian Cedis has more weight than their Naira.

Narrating her experience, the screen icon said she changed 10,000 Naira upon getting to Ghana and all they gave her was GHC120.

That’s to mean that the cedis possess more value than the Naira because to her, the Cedis didn’t even last before it varnished from her hands.

Speaking further, the actress talked about our newly built Kotoka International Airport, Terminal 3.

She narrated that she forgot her two phones while signing immigration cards.

To her surprise announcement was made and she was made to pick up the phone at guest services.

Meaning to her if it were to be at a Nigerian airport, that would mean her phones are lost and lost forever.

Read her full statement below:

“Okay… So Economists, come and analyze oh… this Amongst other things was quite alarming on my trip to Ghana. Hmm… I changed N10,000 (Ten thousand Naira) and it was only worth ….. C120 ( One hundred and twenty cedis) Not C1,200 and certainly not 12,000 cedis but a mere 120 cedis!!! 1 dollar in Ghana is 4.8 cedis! #Ghanamustgo and they have Gone, are they moving faster than us? I don’t want to talk about the airport, Tubaba has already talked about that but I forgot both my phones while signing the immigration cards, about 10mins later, it was announced to pick them up at guest services! Ha! # GiantofAfrica? #Getbusy #Getbusy #Getbusy. Abi? I’m I missing something? ”

read more @
http://www.360ng.com.ng/ghanas-cedi-has-more-value-than-naira-omotola/
Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by royallord1(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ehhhhhh... Is this one just knowing.. Gist of almost 4 years old!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by Tekzyflex(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nigeria is finally finished.

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by thesicilian: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
royallord1:
Ehhhhhh... Is this one just knowing.. Gist of almost 4 years old!
I guess she just got to find out.

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by RevenGeMission: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ghana made sacrifices

You kill one person or impose a law in Nigeria , tribal fanatics will spring up

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by neolboy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
I know since October 2015 when i traveled down to Accra
Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by FarahAideed: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Ghana made sacrifices

You kill one person or impose a law in Nigeria , tribal fanatics will spring up

Ghana never had an idiot like Buhari in office ever...we have had Buhari twice

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tekzyflex:
Nigeria is finally finished.
This is old news na, where u n omotola dey for this Nigeria,
Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by RevenGeMission: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
your never far away

grin grin grin
FarahAideed:

Ghana never had an idiot like Buhari in office ever...we have had Buhari twice

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by Tekzyflex(m): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
charliboy654:

This is old news na, where u n omotola dey for this Nigeria,

Old news or new news Nigeria is still finish!
Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by FarahAideed: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
RevenGeMission:
your never far away

grin grin grin

Exposing Buhari is a 24 hour duty grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by RockHard: 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Omotola is just talking out of ignorance. Back in 2007 Ghana redenominated its currency by slashing off a couple of zeros to put it at par with the dollar (10,000 old cedis became 1 new cedi), but inflation is already eroding the value of the new cedi once again relative to the same dollar coz the fundamentals didn't change much. I recall that Soludo proposed doing the same to the Nigerian currency back then, but it was rejected

3 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by Kworopshun: 3:19am On Nov 28, 2018
they removed the zeroes in their currency. thats why they have high inflation rate
Re: Ghana’s Cedi Has More Value Than Naira – Omotola by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 28, 2018
Tekzyflex:

Old news or new news Nigeria is still finish!
This is another old news

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Mr Spell Caught Dancing And Romancing Two Sexy Babes / Mercy Aigbe Buys Self A Toyota Prado [photo] / Mompha Strikes A Pose With His Brand New Mercedes Benz AMG63 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.