Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,696 members, 7,813,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered (17102 Views)

How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community / Police Refused To Come As Robbers Attacked, They Have Killed My Husband / Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
Please guys, I need your suggestions and opinions on this.

I reside in onitsha and here goes my story.

I bought a keke and gave it to a young guy on hire purchase. Unfortunately, the keke was stolen the same Sunday that the guy I gave it to - drove it home. Its a brand new keke. I went to the police to make entry about the stolen keke.

After about a week, I got a call from some police guys at Enugu state police command, that I should come down to Enugu state - as my keke was found somewhere in Nsukka. The police guys demanded that I come with 50k to 'bail out' the keke. Luckily for me, the keke was found same way it was stolen and also, the thief was caught too.

I sourced for money and went down to Enugu to bail out the recovered keke. After parting with 30k, I was handed over the keke and was asked to go to obosi station to write and sign that the keke has been found. The police guys from Enugu drove the suspect down to obosi (anambra state). According to them, that's the jurisdiction where the keke was stolen.

On getting to Obosi station, the police there demanded for some money and I told them that I had nothing left on me after parting away with 30k for the Enugu police guys. Next thing they did was that they decided to seize the keke, saying it will be "charged to court with the suspect".

My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Liftkid(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
FALZ was right after all. brotherly, this is NIGERIA, everybody be lipsrsealed Naso ACCESS BANK PLC have vowed not to refund the money i mistakenly sent to a wrong bet9ja id while trying to fund my shop bet id, after bet9ja payment department authorized a reversal and quick teller reversed the money and sent a screenshot to my email as an evidence since 21 oct

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by thesicilian: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
Your choice: bribe them or get a lawyer/someone they'll listen to to help you release your tricycle. Either way you get to spend more money. Its the rot in the Nigerian system.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Your choice bro: bribe them or get a lawyer/someone they'll listen to to help you release your tricycle. Either way you get to spend more money. Its the rot in the Nigerian system.

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately they noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.

14 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by thesicilian: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately the noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.
Sorry about the gender mix up. Just find something for their senior person there, not because it is the right thing to do or you're weak, but simply to save yourself time, money and stress. You'll be surprised how far a bottle of N1,500 non alcoholic wine can go.

15 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by lordkush: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
bastard called jimoh moshod is the worst of them all.

if he sees you keke. you won't see that keke again

8 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by gaby(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nigerian police no dey return lost and found oo. It has become an eternal exhibit and their property, except you are prepared to bail the keke with an amount twice its cost price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by FarahAideed: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
You have just provided keke for DPOs mother tibuse for business
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Morbeta11(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Why are you doing Aka gum for them..... Roger them jooor...
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Lucifer66(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
Police is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Davidfash10000: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
wink
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by GenFunction: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
criminals on uniform

5 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mee2002: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
Joke of the century.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Kclique: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
"Thus is Nigeria".

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Lucifer66(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Your choice: bribe them or get a lawyer/someone they'll listen to to help you release your tricycle. Either way you get to spend more money. Its the rot in the Nigerian system.
Seems like you haven't read news about how they beat and imprison lawyers.

7 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
sister Nigeria is a lawless society, if you have money give them if no you'll find it difficult to get justice. cos they'll keep dribbling you till you get tired and leave the keke for them.

may God save this country

9 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by olafum1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
You have to bail it too na...

They bought fuel inside for u, and feed the Keke.
U will also pay for parking space inside their station na,

4 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by deboysben(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lol police is your friend

I dash you this Bleep to give them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nigeria! It's a zoo of the worst kind.

A 'country' where justice is perpetually bedridden while injustice struts around with a snigger and swagger, without remorse.

Having said that, when you're in a zoo, you need to mimic animals since you can't become one. It's basic animal instinct of survival. Do the needful to survive in the hostile environment you find yourself. Discretion is the better part of principle, lol.

You should know where you are. A zoo. You should have haggled with them and arrived at a figure - between N10k to N20k, and retrieve your Keke and go home in peace. In fact, if you had begged and cried with charisma that the Nsukka people had taken all your money, and that the micro finance bank you borrowed from to buy the keke are on your neck, but that you only have N5k, they would take it and release your thing for you. But yarning 'I don't have any money' English would only get you bleeped up.

In Nigeria, na people wey no get street common sense the law enforcement agencies dey take do scapegoat or form 'we are doing our work'.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by pacificman: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.
[/quote]

you no need the keke abi..pay the 20k balance and collect your keke..unless nigerian police go frustrate you

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:
Please guys, I need your suggestions and opinions on this.

I reside in onitsha and here goes my story....

Thanks for sharing

The focus now should be to get your keke out, not necessarily thinking of riddles or wondering who is to blame.

Since you've posted here, let's hope a police-friendly Nairalander close to your area can reach out to you to assist.

(Ignore all the faceless beef and savagery that goes on here; the few Nairalanders I've met were quite friendly in the real world)

Another option would be to tap into your own network: who do you know that might know someone in the police there to intercede for you?

Remember: the issue isn't about right and wrong: it's about getting your keke back

Let us know how it goes...

17 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by franchasng: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hahahahaha cheesy

Be careful o, if u go back again for it they will tag you the criminal that stole the keke and force you to write a statement to admit the crime and even explain on camera how u stole the keke grin

11 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by MJBOLT: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lucifer66:

Seems like you haven't read news about how they beat and imprison lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Pavore9: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Get a lawyer involved.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by HazzanTazzan(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Wtf is wrong with Nigerian police

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by CaptainMitch: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
I have the complimentary card of the Nigerian Police PRO do you want his number and email?
Karatum:

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately they noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Ugosample(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Liftkid:
FALZ was right after all. brotherly, this is NIGERIA, everybody be lipsrsealed naso access bank have vowed not to refund the money i mistakenly sent to a wrong bet9ja id while trying to fund my shop bet id, after bet9ja payment department authorized a reversal and quick teller reversed the money and sent a screenshot to my email as an evidence since 21 oct

indeed, this is NIGERIA

Everybody be criminal

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Liftkid(m): 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
embarassed
Ugosample:

indeed, this is NIGERIA

Everybody be criminal
naso them ask my friend whose neigbours son withdrew 50k from her account to pay 25k before they would help her fish out the culprit . but i was able to trace the culprit without their aid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos CP Orders Posthumous Trial Of F-SARS Operative Who Killed LASTMA Official / Godsgift Lagos 'Colo' Killed By Kidnappers While Trying To Pay Ransom. / 30 Bodies Recovered In Benue Community After Herdsmen Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.