Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

UFC Fighter Conor McGregor Handed Six-month Driving Ban And Fined €1,000 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC Fighter Conor McGregor Handed Six-month Driving Ban And Fined €1,000 (232 Views)

UFC Fighter, Conor Mcgregor Gets 6-Month Medical Suspension After Losing By KO / BREAKING: Messi Banned From Playing For Argentina For 3 Months And Fined $50k / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UFC Fighter Conor McGregor Handed Six-month Driving Ban And Fined €1,000 by Gisthoodng(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
UFC Fighter Conor McGregor has been handed a six month driving ban and fined €1,000 for overspeeding.

The 30-year-old was caught driving at 154kph in a 100kph zone on the N7 in Co Kildare in the incident last year, and failed to pay the fixed penalty fine.

McGregor apologised to the judge after he was also fined 1,000 euros (£883) at Naas district court near Dublin.

“I apologise, I didn’t know I was going that fast,” he said.

“As the man said, I was polite, I apologised.”

He had also been accused of three other motoring offences - driving without a licence, and failing to produce a driving licence either on the spot, or within 10 days at a garda station.

Judge Desmond Zaidan said: "The speed here is in the higher end. Speed kills and that is what makes speeding dangerous.

"When speeding goes wrong the consequences are catastrophic and life-changing, there is no question about that.

"Sadly we have lost more lives on our roads because of excessive speeding, dangerous speeds and other bad behaviour."

The judge gave McGregor six months to pay the €1,000 fine, and said he would “mark the seriousness” of the offence by disqualifying him from driving.

“Thank you your honour,” McGregor said as he walked out of the courtroom.

Read more;http://www.mysportdab.com/2018/11/ufc-fighter-conor-mcgregor-handed-six.html

cc: lalasticlala Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League - PSG Vs Liverpool / Boca Juniors Vs River Plate: Copa Libertadores Final New Date And Stadium! / Https://www.instagram.com/p/bsatwlel6sb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lqgzv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.