Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (11092 Views)

How Can God Be Jealous Of Anything That He Created? Help Me Understand This Pls / There's Way Too Much BAD NEWS Out Here / Can God Be Seen? Qur'an vs Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: Should my business tithe?

A: Would you like success in business beyond what hard work, brainpower and marketing skills can produce?

The blessing on the business owner who tithes on business profit is the same as the blessing on the individual who tithes on gross income: “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it” (Malachi 3:10-12).

If you want God involved in the increase (profit) of your business, then tithe on the gross income of your business.

God is the best financial partner you could ever have. When you honor Him with your finances, He will see that all your needs are met.

Call/text me with your questions today. The Word of God has all your answers.

Folajinmi Awujoola Ministries (FAM)

God is Good (GIG) International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: Do I have authority over the devil?

A: As believers, we have been given authority over the devil! We have this directly from Jesus Himself:

“Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and (physical and mental strength and ability) over all the power that the enemy [possesses], and nothing shall in any way harm you” (Luke 10:19).

Further reinforcement of this is found in Colossians 1:12-13: “…the Father…has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.”

There is no question whether you, as a believer, have authority over the devil. Through His death, burial and resurrection, Jesus destroyed the works of the devil (see Ephesians 4:8; Colossians 2:15).

Jesus gave authority to those who believe in His Name to cast out the devil: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils...” (Mark 16:17).

Notice He said, “In my name....” You have at your disposal Jesus’ Name to combat the devil: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” (Philippians 2:10). The power of God stands behind the Name of Jesus to deliver you from the power of Satan.

So, take courage in the fact that you have been given authority over the devil!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: How can I help someone believe there is one true God?

A: Pray and let your life be a shining example of God’s love. Those two things are perhaps the most effective ways you can be instrumental in leading to the Lord those who question the reality of one true God.

Remember, the goodness of God draws men to repentance, Romans 2:4 tells us.

Therefore, your consistent love and prayer support will help break down their resistance to the Lord. In the end, the only way they will truly accept Jesus as Lord is when they receive a personal revelation of God’s love.

Love is the key because love is what separates the God of the Bible from the false gods of the world (see 1 John 4:16).

We encourage you to not give up. You can be assured the words of love and encouragement you have spoken will produce results.

As Isaiah 55:11 says, “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:07am On Jan 03, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: Is it wrong to wish someone good luck?

A: The problem with wishing someone good luck is that, as Christians we don’t live by luck.

If you trace “chance,” “tarot cards,” “lady luck,” and “joker,” the root word will be the same as it is for “luck.” Not surprisingly, the word luck seems to have been first popularized as a gambling term.

As Christians we must understand that we do not live our lives by chance or luck. Instead we live by the Word and Spirit of God, which always leads us on a specific path to a desired end (Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 29:11).

God and His Word lead and guide us, not luck!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: What are some of my favorite healing scriptures?

A: Here are some scriptures you can use when you need healing in your body.

The right to healing is just one of the many benefits Jesus purchased when He suffered and died for us, and rose again.

Healing is ours the moment we make a demand on it. But for God’s healing to show up, He needs us to exercise our faith.

Romans 10:17 teaches us that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. To build faith to receive healing, look up the following scriptures and read them aloud daily—more than once if possible.

The words of God are His medicine (Proverbs 4:20-22). You don’t have to be concerned about an overdose. The more you take, the better you are!

Exodus 15:26
Exodus 23:25
Deuteronomy 7:14-15
Deuteronomy 30:19-20
1 Kings 8:56
Psalm 91:9-10, 14-16
Psalm 103:1-5
Psalm 107:19-21
Psalm 118:17
Proverbs 4:20-24
Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah 53:4-5
Jeremiah 1:12
Jeremiah 30:17
Joel 3:10
Nahum 1:9
Matthew 8:2-3
Matthew 8:16-17
Matthew 18:18-19
Matthew 21:21
Mark 11:22-24
Mark 16:14-18
Romans 4:16-21
Romans 8:2, 11
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Galatians 3:13-14, 29
Ephesians 6:10-17
Philippians 2:13
Philippians 4:6-7
2 Timothy 1:7
Hebrews 10:23
Hebrews 10:35-36
Hebrews 11:11
Hebrews 13:8
James 5:14-16
1 Peter 2:24
1 John 3:21-22
1 John 5:14-15
3 John 2
Revelation 12:11

Happy New Year!

Good Is God International Church, Worldwide.

Contact Us Today For Word Counseling & Prayers

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: How can I stop overeating?

A: First of all, understand you are not in this alone. Jesus understands the pressures you face and He desires to help you.

Hebrews 4:15 says, “This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.”

The Apostle Paul understood the frustrations of trying to control the flesh.

Romans 7:22-23 says, “I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.”

This verse might sound hopeless. But it isn’t. Paul found the answer to his dilemma!

Romans 8:1-2 says, “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.”

With God’s help you can be delivered from overeating, and you can walk after the spirit and not after your fleshly desires!

Remember, a Christian is a born-again spirit who has a soul (mind, will and emotions) and who lives in a body.

Our spirit man is always strong. The trouble begins when we allow our mind (soul) to dwell on wrong thoughts and when we allow ourselves to remain in compromising positions. That’s when our fleshly desires will give way to sin.

This is why 2 Timothy 2:22 says, “Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.”

Notice the Bible says to run from, or flee, those things that tempt us. A major step to walking in victory is to, whenever possible, stay away from situations, places and people that tempt you to overeat.

Develop your appetite for God’s Word. As you take time every day to fill your mind with the Word of God, you will find that it is being washed by God’s Word and the thoughts and cravings will become easier to resist. Always remember that God’s grace is available to help you.

If you fall, don’t run from God—run to Him. You can repent by saying a prayer from your heart like the following.

“Father, I sinned against You and right now I choose to turn away from that sin and leave it behind me. I receive cleansing from all sin by the blood of Jesus. I receive Your empowerment to live a holy life right now, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!”

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: Is it true that a Christian can command his angels?

A: Yes! Angels are on assignment to minister for you.

Hebrews 1:14 declares that angels are servants sent to care for us. The Life Application Study Bible, New American Standard Bible, has the following to say about Hebrews 1:14:

“Angels are God’s messengers, spiritual beings created by God and under His authority (Colossians 1:16). They have several functions: serving believers (Hebrews1:14), protecting the helpless (Matthew 18:10), proclaiming God’s messages (Revelation 14:6-12), and executing God’s judgment (Acts 12:1-23; Revelation 20:1-3).”

Angels operate under the authority of Jesus (1 Peter 3:22), and one of their jobs is ministering to believers.

Our responsibility is to make sure that we are doing the will of our Father and that we are putting His Word in our mouths.

When we do this, Psalm 103:20 promises that angels carry out God’s commands and are obedient to His Word. They act as enforcers of the Word and will of God in our lives.

For further study on this subject, I recommend the “Angels on Assignment” teaching by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: What does it mean to “plead the blood”?

A: “Pleading the blood” is actually a legal term. Think of it like a lawyer pleading his case before the judge.

He presents evidence and facts to support his case. We have examples of this term in the Old Testament (1 Samuel 24:15; Psalm 43:1).

When the accuser says we’re guilty, our plea before God, the Righteous Judge, is the blood of Jesus. It changed everything. The blood of Jesus established a new and better covenant between us and a holy God (Hebrews 8:6-7, 9:11-14, 22, 12:24).

The blood is our defense. It declares we are not guilty but free from all penalty of sin. The blood also gives us the authority and dominion to resist Satan and put him out of all the affairs of our lives and our families’ lives.

Because of Jesus’ sacrifice at Calvary, the devil has no legal right to interfere in our lives anymore. He says we’re guilty; we “plead the blood!” (James 4:7; 1 John 3:8; Luke 10:19).

We have every right and provision to walk in victory through the precious blood of the Lamb.

Every day you have the right to exercise that authority by pleading what the blood of Jesus has done for you.

Refuse to give the enemy even one small inch of territory. Satan is a defeated foe and through the precious blood of Jesus we are victorious!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
cheesy

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: Will I recognize my loved ones in heaven?

A: Yes, we will be able to recognize one another in heaven. There are many examples of this in the Bible.

Jesus said we would be able to sit down with people like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 8:11). This would imply that we will keep our individual identities and be able to recognize each other.

Another example is the Mount of Transfiguration when the disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah (Mark 9:4-5).

Also, in the story of Lazarus and the rich man, we find that the rich man was able to recognize both Abraham and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31). And in 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20, Paul indicated that he would recognize the Thessalonians in heaven.

We believe that parents can expect to return to their children who have passed away.

King David indicated that he would see his child again (2 Samuel 12:19-23). Verse 23 in the New Living Translation says, “I will go to him one day, but he cannot return to me.”

The most valuable example we have in Scripture that points to our being recognizable in heaven is Jesus Himself.

Many people were able to recognize Jesus after His resurrection (John 20:16, 20, 21:12; 1 Corinthians 15:4-7). We can expect to be as well, because our glorified bodies will be like Jesus’ (1 Corinthians 15:42-56; 1 John 3:2).

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: What can I do to reduce stress in my life?

A: Work pressures. Family commitments. Church outreaches. All these things are well and good. They may even be God-ordained, but if you find yourself feeling the effects of too many commitments, then it’s time to de-stress your life.

Jesus said in John 10:10, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” Don’t let stress keep you from having an abundant life. Implement these five steps and get your life moving in the right direction!

Make Time for the Word

Sounds counterproductive, doesn’t it? You believe you don’t have enough time to accomplish everything on your to-do list, but in reality, the only way to truly de-stress your life is to get God’s perspective on it.

Just like gas in a car, the Word fuels your life. Without it, you’ll coast along for a while, but eventually, you’ll run out of gas. Life will begin to feel overwhelming. So spend time in the Word daily. Let it correct you as you meditate on it and act as though it is true—because it is!

Recognize the Work of the Enemy

There will always be unexpected developments in your day—a last-minute meeting at work, snacks that you promised (but forgot!) to bring to your grandson’s Little soccer game, a clothes dryer that suddenly quits.

That’s life. But there are other times when the devil deliberately attacks you. As you spend time in the Word, you’ll be able to recognize those attacks for what they are. When he attacks, resist him and he will flee (James 4:7).

Protect Your Mind

There are stressors all around you. With all that busyness swirling around you, you must make the quality decision to protect your mind and heart (Proverbs 4:23).

That means turning off the television, connecting with strong, godly friends and protecting your Bible study time.

De-stress Your Life by Caring for Your Physical Body

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). If you have let exercise slide because you are too busy to do it, then you open the door to attacks.

Care for your body by meditating on healing scriptures, feeding it healthy food and exercising each day.

Cut the Extras

Most likely, if you are battling constant stress, there are too many things vying for your attention. You must determine which things in your life God has given you to do and which things you have added on your own.

Press into God for help in determining what it is that He has directed you to do, then do those things first. Everything else is subject to being cut from your schedule.

Jesus died so that you could live an overcoming life. Commit to making time for the Word, recognizing the enemy’s attacks, protecting your mind, caring for your body and cutting the extra things that demand your attention.

As you press into the Lord for what you should do each and every day, He will help you de-stress and enjoy your life!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: Should I visit a doctor or believe by faith for healing?

A: In the process of growing in faith, many believers question whether they should use doctors and take medications.

I am certainly not against doctors or medicine, and we thank God for the gifts and abilities He has placed in the medical profession.

We want you to know that choosing to use medications is in no way a hindrance to faith if you are led of the Lord to do so. Nor is going without doctors and medicine necessarily faith.

What brings divine healing is acting on the Word of God. Whether or not medicine is used, it should never take the place of your faith in God’s Word.

His Word makes it clear that in His great love, God wants all His people well. In some cases, a person’s faith may not be developed enough to receive healing without taking medicine.

In those cases, medication should definitely be taken. God will meet each person at his or her level of faith. If a person’s faith is through doctors and medicine, then God will help the doctor to do his best and cause the person’s body to recover quickly.

Remember, faith is simply acting on God’s Word. Romans 10:17 says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

An interesting thing to note is the word used for “Word” in the scripture above came from the Greek word rhema which means “revealed word.”

Because of this, we can say faith comes when we act on what God reveals to our hearts. If the Lord has directed you to go to the doctor, do that confidently, in faith that Jesus is the Healer, and pray the doctor has wisdom.

If your faith is not at the level to stand alone for your healing and you choose to use medication, don’t allow Satan to put you under any condemnation. It is none of his business.

But don’t be satisfied to stay at that level. Keep building your faith in the Word of God. The more time spent meditating, confessing and acting on God’s Word, the less need there will be to use medicine or doctors.

In Proverbs 4:20-22, the Bible says the Word of God is life to all that find it and health to all their flesh. Studying and thinking about the Word and knowing that God is your Source in every area of life are the keys to victory.

So pray for wisdom according to James 1:5, then let the peace of God rule as the umpire in your heart as you make your decision (Colossians 3:15). Whatever your choice, make it standing on His Word.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: How do I find a good church?

A: It’s great that you want to find a good church. You are valuable in the kingdom of God, and local church involvement is key.

In addition to studying God’s Word at home, it is vitally important that you find a local church home where the Word of God is accurately preached.

Of course, anytime two or more people assemble together there will be some different beliefs and traditions. In most areas, these differences are not crucial to our getting along.

We need to respect one another and the working of the Holy Spirit to bring understanding, correction, direction and conviction to each individual believer.

What we do not want to compromise on are our fundamental beliefs: salvation by faith through the blood of Jesus Christ; water baptism; Baptism in the Holy Spirit; prosperity and health for the whole person—spirit, soul and body; the return of Jesus and accompanying resurrection from the dead; and eternal judgment—heaven or hell (Hebrews 6:1-2; 3 John 2).

The bottom line when selecting a church is that you find one that preaches the Word of God in an uncompromising way (1 Timothy 4:16; 2 Timothy 3:16).

The Holy Spirit living within you will let you know what is truth. You can depend on the Holy Spirit to guide you as you seek God’s will concerning finding a church (John 16:13; 1 John 2:27; Romans 8:14).

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: Can Christians get a divorce?

A: First and foremost, God hates divorce (Malachi 2:14-16). And though we cannot say it is always right or wrong for a Christian to seek a divorce, or for a divorced Christian to remarry, what we can say is divorce is obviously a very undesirable event.

The pain of damaged relationships and the strain divorce puts on family members—especially children—is apparent to anyone who has been affected by a divorce.

The act of marriage literally joins two people as one flesh. Divorce severs and dissolves this new life that was formed.

The Law of Moses addressed the issue of divorce head-on with specific rules. Now Jesus has instituted the new law with its even higher standard.

We are no longer under the law of Moses, but are instead to be governed by the law of love (John 13:34) in every circumstance (Romans 13:8, 10; Galatians 5:14, 6:2; James 2:8 ).

When both members of a marriage union endeavor to walk in the love of God, their marriage will never fail.

But what if a believer is in a marriage in which this is not the case? He or she should seek the Lord for guidance and allow the Holy Spirit to direct him or her toward the truth (Proverbs 3:5-6; John 14:26).

Divorce is still not assumed to be the best option. The Lord may direct this person in multiple ways. Only he or she and God know if divorce is an option.

Divorce is never God’s best. But it is also not the end of a victorious Christian life.

As believers, we can expect to be led by the Spirit of God and know that He neither brings condemnation against us (Romans 8:1) nor removes anyone from a special place in His plan (Romans 11:29).

Through Him, the divorced man or woman can walk in victory and fulfill everything God has called them to accomplish!

There is no specific biblical law for the Christian regarding divorce, other than they follow the law of love.

The same is true regarding remarriage. The decision to remarry should be based on the love of God and not on selfish desires.

If a divorced believer is truly ready to offer him or herself to another believer in marriage, he or she should do so with confidence that the Lord will bless that union. Remember, in Christ all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: When I plant God's Word in my life, things seem worse instead of better. What am I doing wrong?

A: The answer to your problems can be found in Mark 4. There Jesus said that after God’s Word is sown in the heart, Satan immediately comes to take it away.

What tools does he use to dig up the planted Word? Jesus tells us: afflictions, persecutions, cares of this world, deceitfulness of riches and the lust of other things.

Whenever you sow the Word, Satan is going to send some of those things your way in an attempt to pry you loose from the Word of God, because he knows that Word will give you victory over him. So be prepared to resist him.

No matter what happens, stick with the Word. Study it and apply it every day. Learn to take that Word and use it as the sword of the Spirit to stop Satan’s attack (Ephesians 6:10-18; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5).

As you persist in speaking and acting on the Word, Satan will flee (James 4:7). And that’s when you’ll begin to see the hundredfold return become a reality in your life!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: How can I have strong friendships?

A: Not only can you have meaningful friendships, but God desires them for you. He is interested in every aspect of your life. He desires the very best for you.

Your heavenly Father sent His best—Jesus—to the cross on your behalf so that you might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

Your Lord and Saviour is the friend that sticks closer than a brother—One who has promised to never leave you nor forsake you.

The Bible says that in order for you to have friends, you must be friendly (Proverbs 18:24).

Your environment and the way you live your life will have a lot to do with the type of friends you will have.

The most important thing you need to look for in a friend is that they have a desire and love for the things of the Lord as you do.

To have friends does not mean you have to continue to hang with someone who conduct themselves as the world does.

Not that you stop loving these people or acknowledging them, but you simply do not have to maintain close relationships with them (2 Thessalonians 3:11-15). Your pursuit is for a deep, more real friendship, and God is aware of that.

As you seek God’s kingdom above all else and live righteously, He will give you everything you need (Matthew 6:33).

In the meantime, enjoy your life serving your heavenly Father. Do not allow Satan to rob you of your joy and fellowship with God. We agree with you that you have the wisdom of God in choosing your friends.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: How do I say "no" to people?

A: When you allow the Holy Spirit within you to be your guide, you can say “no” without explanation.

You would be wise to discuss this with your friends to whom you may have to say “no.” Let them know you trust the Lord to help you make decisions about certain (or all) areas of your life.

Help them to understand that He knows what lies ahead in every decision and you can’t just strike out doing your own thing without getting His OK!

And, when you do discern that you need to say “no,” don’t hesitate. Maybe your “no” will help others rethink their plan. The Spirit could lead them to a better decision or plan.

But don’t ever think you owe anyone an explanation for your “no,” especially if you have openly and honestly explained to them who guides your life and how you make decisions!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Thank you for 3000 views cheesy
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: What can I do to enjoy life more?

A: Are you tired of living the same old way? Jesus didn’t redeem you so that you could be sad, depressed, sick and broke. He came so you could have “life, and...have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).

You can start enjoying life more at any age, whether you’re 18 or 81.

Continue to Grow

As a Christian, you shouldn’t simply maintain the faith you’ve developed in the past. You must keep growing in your relationship with God.

You can’t afford to get so busy with the mundane affairs of day-to-day living that you get complacent. Instead, dive deeper into your Bible study.

You can do this by joining (or starting) a Bible study with like-minded believers, subscribing to my daily faith articles and listening to messages by trusted ministers of the Word (Romans 10:17).

Listen to the Holy Spirit

The Lord will speak to you through your Bible study, but He’ll also speak directly to your spirit as you pray and listen. Spend time in prayer every day—not just speaking, but also listening.

Obey whatever the Lord leads you to do. If you will listen, the Holy Spirit will direct you throughout your day (Psalm 37:23).

Reach Out

As you learn more about the Lord and His Word, your desire to share God’s goodness with others should grow, too. Begin looking for ways you can be a blessing to others.

Volunteer your time at a hospital, nursing home, food bank, animal shelter or children’s outreach. In 2012, U.S. News reported that people who volunteer feel more connected and happier. If you’ll pray every day, God will begin to lead you to do things that will bless others.

Speak Life

Pay attention to your words. Begin speaking words of faith about your life, body, family, marriage, job and finances. Instead of speaking negative words that tear yourself and others down, speak the Word over everyone and everything.

When a difficult situation arises, don’t rehash the dreary details; pray about it, find scriptures to stand on for it and proclaim, “My God shall supply all my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

Forgive

As a believer, love is your greatest commandment. If you’re not walking in love, you’re in a dangerous place.

If you’ve done anything unloving toward someone, do whatever the Lord shows you to do to make it right. Forgive them. It doesn’t matter what they did. If you forgive them, you’ll be free of it. Unforgiveness will keep you in bondage.

God wants you to enjoy your life in Christ, and He’s provided some practical ways for you to begin doing just that—starting with these things. Put them into practice today and begin to enjoy your life more…no matter what your age.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by specco(m): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
How can I handle strange dreams. Most especially some dreams that bring with it "misfortunes" in the physical immediately after repeatedly. I"ve prayed and fasted but no success yet. I need help.
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
specco:
How can I handle strange dreams. Most especially some dreams that bring with it "misfortunes" in the physical immediately after repeatedly. I"ve prayed and fasted but no success yet. I need help.

Please contact me on WhatsApp, 08126401351 or drop your number and I shall contact you.

The devil shall never take you for a ride again. All you need to defeat him is the shield of faith. Eph 6:16/1 John 5:4. And this is exactly what I shall teach you.

After our session the devil will be in terror of you, no more you in terror of him. James 4:7
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
FAQ (3)

Q: Should we allow anyone or any group to have control over us?

A: When God created man He gave him authority on the earth, which included dominion over the fish, birds and animals (Genesis 1:26-28).

Likewise, Jesus has given the believer authority in the spirit realm and the empowerment to do mighty works (Matthew 16:19; Mark 16:15-18).

But at no time has God ever given us dominion over other people. God did not create us to rule or control one another, nor did He create us to be ruled or controlled by other people. Jesus set the captives free (Luke 4:18)!

Jesus gave the Church one commandment—and that is to love one another as God loves us (John 13:34).

Anytime we see people controlling others—whether it is through physical, emotional or spiritual abuse—we find the works of darkness.

God does not desire that even one of His children be treated in such a way. God created man with the ability to make choices.

He did this because He desired to have a true, loving relationship with man. Love is pure only when it is birthed out of a choice made by one's own free will. God could control us, but He refuses to take away our freedom (Deuteronomy 30:19).

God's Word and His Spirit are to be the directing forces in our lives. God has not given any man or institution the right to take away the opportunity for people to receive personal direction and guidance from His Word.

God has ordained governments and given us ministry gifts for the purpose of us all growing together in unity as a strong Body (Romans 13:1-4; Ephesians 4:7-16).

God does not desire lawlessness, and for this reason He established natural and spiritual authority for our protection and development, not for control and manipulation.

God wants you to be involved in loving relationships that give opportunity for you to learn, serve and grow in His Word. We trust that the Holy Spirit will guide you in your decisions.

Always remember to follow the peace of God inside you. If something doesn't sit right with you, most likely it is the Holy Spirit giving you a "check." A check is a sense inside you that something is not quite right.

Pay attention to that check and know it is God telling you not to do whatever it is you are considering. Listen to Him and obey Him.

In John 10:4-5, Jesus said His sheep know His voice and a stranger they will not follow. You are His sheep. Obey His voice, and by obeying Him you will keep yourself from harm.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
Good people of Nairaland,

It has come to my notice that many people want to be a part of the all round benefits of faith, but they don’t know how to access it.

There is only one way to access faith, and it is by hearing and understanding the word of God (continually). You cannot wish for faith, neither can you pray for it. Roms 10:17, tells us the only way faith can be gotten.

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Now, the question is why is this faith business so important? Faith is important because with it all things are possible Mark 9:23; with it you can overcome the world and all that is in the world trying to challenge your dominion; 1 John 5:4; with it you can overcome ALL the fiery darts of the enemy (Satan), among many other benefits.

So many people have contacted me, and I have been able to teach them faith thereby making them overcomers in the challenges of life (health challenges, spiritual challenges, mental challenges, financial challenges, challenges with habits, etc)

However, because I know that more and more people are combating challenges they know not how to overcome, I have decided to start teaching faith right here on Nairaland like I do on all my other platforms.

Today I shall start “healing school” and “faith school”. Please take note that my thread which has been tagged “LIFE” is changing to “faith school”, while healing school is starting anew.

As you follow this teachings, be sure that your faith will be built up, and you shall be able to overcome ALL the challenges of life that may be facing you.

FAM (Folajinmi Awujoola Ministries).

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: How is Israel important today?

A: God has always had a plan for the nation of Israel, and we can see in Romans 1:16 that even after Jesus had paid the price for man’s sin, God still made special reference to the Jews.

Understanding why requires that we realize that God sees three distinct groups of people in the world—the Jews, the Gentiles (people who aren’t Christians) and the Church. And each have a unique role (see 1 Corinthians 10:32).

Because of Abram’s obedience, God established an everlasting covenant with him and his seed (Genesis 12:1-3,17:7).

Continuing even to today, the Jews have a special destiny and place in God’s plan. He calls them the apple of His eye, and as such they hold a tender spot in His heart (Zechariah 2:cool.

The role the Jews have today might seem like a mystery, but Paul helps us understand God’s plan in Romans 11:25-33. Paul shows us we have been shown mercy from God, in part, because of the obedience of the Jews.

While it is true that many Jewish people have stumbled in the area of receiving Jesus as Messiah (Romans 9:32), we must not consider them to be just another race of unbelievers.

The Jews not only were, but still are God’s chosen people (Deuteronomy 7:6)—His covenant with them has not changed. He will ensure that they will fulfill their destiny in Him.

It is important to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6) and to develop relationships with the leaders of Israel. This will open the door for the Jews to hear the prophetic word of the Lord and for us to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them, which brings salvation for the Jew and the Gentile (Romans 1:16).

God judges all men with equality (Acts 10:34), and in order for the Jewish people to inherit all their spiritual blessings, they must accept Jesus as their Lord.

According to Romans 2:4, it is God’s goodness that brings people to repentance. This is evident as we watch God supernaturally restore the nation of Israel.

Over 50 years ago, Israel was established as a nation for the first time in nearly 2,000 years. The Jews have now become a wonder and a marvel to the world.

Though dispersed over the whole earth, God is calling them back to their homeland to receive their inheritance—the Promised Land.

Other cultures have been assimilated into and absorbed by the nations, but Jews are coming out from every nation—their religion, race and culture intact.

This is a fulfillment of prophecies in Isaiah 43:5-7, 49:12, 18-22; Jeremiah 3:14-18, 16:14-15, 23:7-8, 31:8-10, 17, 27-28, 32:37-44, 33:14; Ezekiel 28:25-26, 36:21-38, 37:1-28, 39:25-29, 43:7.

God’s love for His people is always unwavering, and His mercy toward the nation of Israel should help us realize God will never leave nor forsake us either (Hebrews 13:5)!

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
And for Nairaland too.

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: Can I lose my salvation?

A: Any believer can be tempted to feel he has lost his salvation. But the answer is simple if you look at God’s heart: God is not trying to keep anyone out of heaven.

He proved this by loving the world “so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

In order for you to lose your salvation, someone would have to take you out of some mighty powerful hands!

Jesus said in John 10:27-29, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.”

Once you are born again, if you sin, you can confess your sin, and God will forgive you (1 John 1:9).

God is offering His grace (supernatural empowerment) to enable us to live holy lives (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 12:9).

At times, the pressures of life may seem to overwhelm you. When that happens, don’t forget you have the ability to turn your heart toward God and ask for His help.

Hebrews 4:16 says, “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”

Sin will not keep you out of heaven. Only rejection of Jesus can keep you from heaven. When you sin, you break your fellowship with God, but your relationship is not broken.

That is why it is so important for Christians to run to Jesus, and not away from Him, when they sin.

Romans 8:1 says, “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.” Remember, the blood of Jesus will never lose its power to cleanse you—and God is excited to see you grow in Him!

And there’s something else to consider: We are saved not by being sinless, but by Jesus’ life.

Never forget this: “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son” (Romans 5:8-10).

Happy New Year!

God is Good International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
FAQ (2)

Q: Is living together outside of marriage wrong?

A: The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:22 that we are to avoid the very appearance of evil.

Living together without being married gives the appearance of evil and therefore should be avoided.

It suggests that the couple involved is willing to limit their commitment to one another based on current feelings instead of long-term commitment based on God’s design for marriage and His laws governing duration and nature of the relationship.

Genesis 2:22-25; Ephesians 5:21-33; Hebrews 13:4; and Romans 13:1 reveal both the spiritual and legal aspects of the marriage covenant.

When a man and woman live together without committing to one another and to God in the spiritual and legal aspects of marriage, they violate the Word of God.

Marriage is a sacred covenant in the eyes of God. A man and woman should make every effort to honor God and each other by obeying the Word regarding marriage.

Happy New Year!

God Is Good International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
FAQ (1)

Q: How does God discipline His children?

A: Often people wonder if painful or disruptive events are permitted by God to correct or discipline us.

But how does God discipline His children?

We know God does correct His children. That’s just part of loving us. Hebrews 12:7-11 points out that our earthly fathers correct us according to the flesh.

But our heavenly Father corrects us in our spirit man with His Word because He is the Father of our spirit. Jesus said that what is born of flesh is flesh, and what is born of spirit is spirit (John 3:6).

To find out how He corrects us, we can simply look at 2 Timothy 3:16-17: “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.”

Clearly God uses His Word to correct us. Part of our challenge has been caused by not distinguishing the dramatic differences in God’s correction under the old and new covenants. The two cannot be compared.

In the Old Testament times, God had to communicate on the physical level, in the sense realm. Spirit-level communication was out of reach until Jesus finished the redemptive work and the Holy Spirit came to live in man.

But even in the Old Testament, God never afflicted mankind with disease or anything of the curse. Satan is the thief who steals, kills and destroys. God brings life and blessing.

Under the old covenant, when a man stepped out from under God’s protection, Satan attacked. He used physical harassment to distract and destroy mankind.

But the old covenant child of God had no clear revelation of Satan. So it appeared to mankind that God was punishing him for breaking His laws. In error, man credited God for the harassment.

But everything is different under the New Covenant, or New Testament. We now have the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us hear God and understand His Word.

Satan is still up to his old tricks, using the five things listed in Mark 4—afflictions, persecutions, cares of this world, deceitfulness of riches and lust of other things—to draw man away from the Word.

God counters by using His Word to bring us above the trials of this world. He gives us the Holy Spirit to teach us all things, to guide us into all truth, and to show us things to come.

Happy New Year!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 6:52am On Jan 12, 2019
Starting today: Prosperity School...

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
FAQ

Q: Does God forgive sin we plan?

A: Sin is sin, whether premeditated or not. James 1:14-15 says, “Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.”

Now that’s actually good news when it comes to forgiveness, because it puts all sin in the same category.

You see, when a man walks in the light that he has received, the blood of Jesus will continually cleanse him.

However, if he does sin, he has an advocate with the Father, who is faithful and just to forgive him and cleanse him from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:6-9).

This does not give a man the license to sin. But if he does fall short of the mark, he should never run from God, but run to Him. God still loves him, and forgiveness is available to him (1 John 2:1-2).

Happy New Year!

God is Good International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
FAQ

Q: Is it wrong to make a vow?

A: To answer this question, it will help to understand why vows were instituted in the first place. Vows were instituted in Old Testament times in order to settle disputes because men were generally not honorable.

Their own words were not sufficient to the other party in critical situations. So, due to their general lack of integrity, the making of vows was implemented.

A vow is not something to be taken lightly. From the beginning, making a vow has been very serious business.

When a vow was made in God’s Name, His Name, reputation and integrity were put on the line. If what was promised in God’s Name was not fulfilled, then the one who made the vow was in sin.

God was made to look bad to those who knew of it and the situation would become a stumbling block to those who did not know God.

For that reason, a vow was entered into with extreme caution, so that God’s Name would not be defamed.

The best policy is to keep it simple and do what you say.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:34-37: “‘You have also heard that our ancestors were told, “You must not break your vows; you must carry out the vows you make to the Lord.” But I say, do not make any vows! …Just say a simple, “Yes, I will,” or “No, I won’t.” Anything beyond this is from the evil one.’”

Your simple yes or no should be so filled with honesty and integrity that the one you are coming into agreement with will be able to see that you are a person of your word.

You should not have to emphasize your words with other words, such as a promise, pledge or vow.

Happy New Year!

Good Is God International Church, Worldwide, aka, Faith Champions.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2019
FAQs

Q: Is it true that a Christian can command his angels?

A: Yes! Angels are on assignment to minister for you.

Hebrews 1:14 declares that angels are servants sent to care for us. The Life Application Study Bible, New American Standard Bible, has the following to say about Hebrews 1:14:

“Angels are God’s messengers, spiritual beings created by God and under His authority (Colossians 1:16). They have several functions: serving believers (Hebrews1:14), protecting the helpless (Matthew 18:10), proclaiming God’s messages (Revelation 14:6-12), and executing God’s judgment (Acts 12:1-23; Revelation 20:1-3).”

Angels operate under the authority of Jesus (1 Peter 3:22), and one of their jobs is ministering to believers.

Our responsibility is to make sure that we are doing the will of our Father and that we are putting His Word in our mouths.

When we do this, Psalm 103:20 promises that angels carry out God’s commands and are obedient to His Word. They act as enforcers of the Word and will of God in our lives.

For further study on this subject, I recommend the “Angels on Assignment” teaching by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland.

Awujoola Oluwafolajinmi, The World’s Foremost Faith Coach!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time / Price Of TB Joshua Anointed Water #5000 / One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.