Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? (16044 Views)

11-Year-Old Marriage Dissolved Over Wife’s Dirtiness, Waywardness / 11-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Wife’s Dirtiness, Waywardness / Man Seeks Dissolution Of Marriage Over Wife’s Waywardness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2018
As we all know there are rampant cases of young boys involving in cyber crime and rituals and girls also being used for rituals all because of greed for money.
We also know The teenage stage is very crucial in the moral up-bringing of a child.

So what are the steps parents should take during teenage stage to prevent the waywardness of a child?
Should parent restrict their movement?
should parent resort into prayer?

I would like to hear your opinion about this
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Chuks9000: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2018
It all depends on the values the teenager was exposed to.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2018
Don’t be too strict, it causes the opposite effect
Make sure both parents are actively in the child life. Especially the dad. Or make sure there’s a fatherly figure in their life.
Make it comfortable for you children to speak to you, stop creating unnecessary fear in your kids.
Watch the friends your child has. It plays a huge role in their behaviour
Have outings with your child. Don’t neglect your child’s needs outside food or shelter, or they will look elsewhere for it.
Just show genuine care and love to your child. Let them feel loved at home.

This is coming from someone who had a rebellious teenage life, I see the mistakes my parents made, and I won’t make the same mistakes with my kids.

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
Chuks9000:
It all depends on the values the teenager was exposed to.

That's true, but what about some pastor's children that are exposed to good values and they still go wayward
what's your take on this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
nice one there

Saffi:
Make sure both parents are actively in the child life. Especially the dad. Or make sure there’s a fatherly figure in their life.
Make it comfortable for you children to speak to you, stop creating unnecessary fear in your kids.
Have outings with your child. Don’t neglect your child’s needs outside food or shelter, or they will look elsewhere for it.

This is coming from someone who had a rebellious teenage life, I see the mistakes my parents made, and I won’t make the same mistakes with my kids.

2 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Chuks9000: 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
solomix10:

That's true, but what about some pastor's children that are exposed to good values and they still go wayward
what's your take on this
Most pastors children lack parental guidance. They are the most wayward of their piers. No thanks to mummy and daddy in the lord that are forever attending to others thereby, leaving the children to train themselves. Mind you, the kids are exposed to more than needed resources.

22 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
Pastors tend to be too strict on the children, creating unrealistic expectations for their kids, and the kids rebel against them. The children are too scared to open up to their parents, and that’s just the reality.
solomix10:

what's your take on this

13 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
Chuks9000:

Most pastors children lack parental guidance. They are the most wayward of their piers. No thanks to mummy and daddy in the lord that are forever attending to others thereby, leaving the children to train themselves. Mind you, the kids are exposed to more than needed resources.

more than needed resourses like?
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Saffi:
Pastors tend to be too strict on the children, creating unrealistic expectations for their kids, and the kids rebel against them. The children are too scared to open up to their parents, and that’s just the reality.
hmmmm i got your point, they are scared of opening up thereby doing things from their own will even tho it will be detrimental to them.
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Chuks9000: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
solomix10:

more than needed resourses like?
Seems you are a pastor?
Teenagers with means tend to associate with "happening" dudes. Maybe, they are fascinated by things outside the bible. They get hooked up to vices easily. Because they can afford to sponsor themselves and those that will be willing to show them the way.
My guess is, don't overload them with dos and donts.
Show them the task ahead (adulthood). The ones God has called would have a dream to chase thereby, limiting their worldly experiments.
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
Chuks9000:

Seems you are a pastor?
Teenagers with means tend to associate with "happening" dudes. Maybe, they are fascinated by things outside the bible. They get hooked up to vices easily. Because they can afford to sponsor themselves and those that will be willing to show them the way.
My guess is, don't overload them with dos and donts.
Show them the task ahead (adulthood). The ones God has called would have a dream to chase thereby, limiting their worldly experiments.
ok
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by tokrizy: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
I really do not have to read this to tell u all that everything written here is for jst reading sake.

Who go go wayward go go wayward...

13 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Bustincole(m): 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
If u like lost for lust na u sabi
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by bettercreature(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
There is little you can do its their DESTINY.Sometimes when you dream,you wont remember until it comes to pass! the same with destiny nothing in this world can change it.I'll advice you to read ''the gods are not to blame'' you will understand more about destiny.

5 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by SweetBuns(f): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2018
Cyber crime, rituals, prostitution.
Some of the reason people go into all these is because of greed and sometimes the pressure to make it in life. Parents should make it clear to their kids that money is not the most important in life not just by telling them but putting into practice theirself.you can't expect your kids to know the value of hard work when you engage in all form of illegal work just to make money. Let your kids know the value of hard work by being hardworking and honest yourself, not putting your kids into too much pressure to make money, not using those Yahoo boys as example to your kids at home.
The way you live your life matter to your children more than whatever you tell them

4 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by bigkahuna704(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Learnstuffs: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Always use the Reset button when necessary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by solomix10(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
tokrizy:
I really do not have to read this to tell u all that everything written here is for jst reading sake.

Who go go wayward go go wayward...
do yu mean you will leave your child up-bringing to fate?
will you give them free hand based on who will go wayward will go wayward?

2 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by bknight: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
undecided
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by bdchange(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
solomix10:

what's your take on this
Some Pastors fail in this regard because they pay too much attention to other families and their problems, believing that prayers alone will solve theirs. In the bible, Eli was there attending to the growth of Samuel but neglect his own children growth which he later suffered a great consequence for it. Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

3 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Itannooluwa(f): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
@ op 1)teach them the way of the lord 2) As a parent, try all n ur capacity to provide for their needs nd wants 3) Create a friendly atmosphere with ur kids 4) Know d Company of friends dey keep 5) Be mindful of d environment u breed ur kids

3 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by philos(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Saffi:

This is so on point.
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by bdchange(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
Itannooluwa:
@ op
1)teach them the way of the lord
2) As a parent, try all n ur capacity to provide for their needs nd wants
3) Create a friendly atmosphere with ur kids
4) Know d Company of friends dey keep
5) Be mindful of d environment u breed ur kids
All your points are valid. Though considering number 4. How many parents know the company their children keep? I doubt if many do. Some parents even work from morning till night leaving the kids for maid. The truth is bringing up children in this economy is hard and not so easy because in all you have to look for means to provide for them. And by doing this, you might be neglecting others. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by megamank(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
Turn them to robot....easiest way

My opinion talk your own ....watin concern you...
Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by chloride6: 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
The parents themselves should be good role models.

I think having a sense of responsibility is key from an early age.

Knowing and accepting that are consquences for every action helps a lot.

Setting and rewarding achievable goals such as class grades would help

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
any small thing, yahoo boys yahoo boys... you people have forgotten ritualists exist before the so-called yahoo boys? plus, how sure are you that these politicians are not involved in these despicable acts?

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by sinola(m): 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
solomix10:
As we all know there are rampant cases of young boys involving in cyber crime and rituals and girls also being used for rituals all because of greed for money.
We also know The teenage stage is very crucial in the moral up-bringing of a child.

So what are the steps parents should take during teenage stage to prevent the waywardness of a child?
Should parent restrict their movement?
should parent resort into prayer?

I would like to hear your opinion about this

.. A child destined to spoil will spoil.... Whether good upbringing or not

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by Quality20(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
The very ist step starts with selecting a righteous mother/father for ur yet unborn children. Then make sure u live in a neighborhood with ppl who are of good nature, in ur home make sure u set good example. Let d belief in God and d hereafter be inculcated in u and ur family members. Preach to ur children that ds world is nothing but a fading shadow.

5 Likes

Re: Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? by RexTramadol1: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
The kind pikin wey dem dey born dis days

Dem don bring fraud com from heaven

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MY FEARS ARE GETTING REAL. / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.