Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life (874 Views)

What Really Happens When A Person Dies? Case Study Of Lazarus & The Rich Man / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleiman Reminds Me Of Lazarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
Text: John 11.

Lazarus was sick and Jesus knew without being there...He has demonstrated this knowing before, in other cases.

Jesus said, that the sickness is not unto death..Its for the glory of God to be manifested...

Lazarus died. ..and was in the tomb for four days...

On getting to the place of burial, Jesus saw Martha and the Jews weeping. He groaned in the spirit and wept deeply....

His grief might not be far from the fact that death came as a result of sin....and here he was, the giver of life, his friend had just been snatched by death...

Ha!!. Death where is thy sting, hades, where is thy victory?!!!!

He was also full of compassion for the unbelieving Jews, regardless of their unbelievable, because he knew their end...if they eventually die in their sins..

Jesus ordered the stone to be removed ...The sister wondered and told him...He is dead for four days, by now, HE SMELLS.

Hmmmmm.

She has forgotten, what the saviour said earlier...

" Just as the Father has life in him, the son has life in him and GIVES IT TO WHOSOEVER HE WILLS.

She also forgot, the statement from Jesus...

" A time comes when ALL THAT ARE dead will hear the voice of the son of God,

AND THEY ALL WILL RISE...

some to eternal life and some to eternal damnation. ""

Are you a pagan, a Muslim, an atheist?

You will hear the voice of the Son of God... and while you sleep in death,

You will recognize the Voice ....and without choice,

You will rise....To life......or......to eternal damnation.

Your choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
Jesus Cried with a Loud Voice ...

Lazarus, Come forth!!!!!

Lazarus in Paradise heard the voice....

He recognized the voice...(Like I said earlier, everyone will at some point)

....and he had no choice than to obey the voice.

At death, All people, language, tribe and race will hear the voice of the Son of God....

...and they will respond....why? Because by him all things were created....

Atheist, Muslims, Pagan, Christians, all were created BY THE WORD...

As the Souls of men sleep in death, The Word from the Son of God will locate them...

and they will suddenly become active....

YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE.

The physical state of the body of Lazarus did not matter...

Life, regardless of its location at death, must respond to its giver.

Your body might have been eaten by animals, crushed by fire, or decayed into only the bones....

Your soul will respond....at the voice of the son of God...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
Lazarus came out smelling.

The Jews opened their mouth in awe...

....and All Unbelieve Ceased....

Many of the Jews believed instantly... and the Chief Priest and the Pharisees plotted to Kill Lazarus and Jesus...

Many Jews, who were not there when the incredible happened, came to see who was dead for four days...

Jesus , the giver of Life...

I am the way, the truth and the life...

There is no other way to the father.... Except through Jesus.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Jesus Cried with a Loud Voice...Openly...

He asserts Power and Dominance over death...

The Gospel is Crying to you, in a loud Voice..That you should come out of your grave of sin...

...and hear the voice of the son of God....so that you can live..

....Come out of that Occult .

Come out of that religion...

Come out of that atheism....

Come and receive life.

Jesus, the Son of God is calling you.

You don't know what tomorrow holds for you....

It might be too late.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
No man.......comes to God Almighty.... EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS...John 14 vs 6.

Are you serving God? ...Is your service through Jesus?

If yes, You are indeed serving the Almighty.

If No, then that god you are serving is not the Almighty.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
There is no name under heaven through which man can be saved ....

Except the name of Jesus.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Jesus is the giver of life...

Accept Jesus as Your LORD AND SAVIOUR TODAY.

God bless you.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2018
" And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self

with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."
(John 17: 5).

He is the only way to the Father.

Accept him today.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Any religion or worship that is not done through Jesus will end in destruction....

Jesus is the only way to the Father and to eternal life.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
Jesus Did not rose Lazarus back from Death and Jesus is not the saviour. The Bible confirms that
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:
Jesus Did not rose Lazarus back from Death and Jesus is not the saviour. The Bible confirms that

Can you show me where this is in the Bible?
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Can you show me where this is in the Bible?

Act 2:22. Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of god amongst you, by miracles, wonders and signs. which God did by him and yee yourselves know.

This shows Jesus is a man, not God.
It also clarifies all miracles he did were by God's approval and willing.

Jesus not a saviour.
Mathew 20:20 - 25. (please read story of the two sons of zabede).

waiting for your confirmations please
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:

Act 2:22. Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of god amongst you, by miracles, wonders and signs. which God did by him and yee yourselves know.

This shows Jesus is a man, not God.
It also clarifies all miracles he did were by God's approval and willing.

Jesus not a saviour.
Mathew 20:20 - 25. (please read story of the two sons of zabede).

waiting for your confirmations please

The man that was born blind was healed by Jesus ..

See what happened..

(John 9 )
------------
35 35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

A son of God is God.....that's why the Jews wanted to stone Jesus...

John said...behold the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world...

Jesus told the Pharisees.... If you don't believe in me you will die in your sins.....

He said...this is my blood in the new covenant for the remission of sins...

The blood of Jesus cleans from sin..

He is the way to the Father.... To heaven...

All these are scriptural....
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The man that was born blind was healed by Jesus ..

See what happened..

(John 9 )
------------
35 35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

A son of God is God.....that's why the Jews wanted to stone Jesus...

John said...behold the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world...

Jesus told the Pharisees.... If you don't believe in me you will die in your sins.....

He said...this is my blood in the new covenant for the remission of sins...

The blood of Jesus cleans from sin..

He is the way to the Father.... To heaven...

We were previously discussion on the issue of jesus miracles and jesus as a saviour, but you changed to discussing the issue on jesus as a son of God.

They are different topics entirely.

All miracles performed by jesus christ were by God's will. act 2:22.

Jesus Christ never say he is the saviour. This was what were discussing.

waiting please
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
I will be back...shortly.... Busy.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
Yes. The miracles done by Jesus were the will of God.

But the will of God is the will of his son Jesus...

See this...

" And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. "
(John 17: 10)

Take a look at this too..

" I and my Father are one. "
(John 10: 30)

Jesus and the father are one in will, purpose, and attribute... Why did you think The father did not deny any of his request?

Jesus said to Philip...

" Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou hen, Shew us the Father? "
(John 14: 9)

They are one....hence, their will are the same.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
About Jesus being the saviour...

Look at this...

(John 4 )
------------
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Christ means saviour... Look at this...

" And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world."
(John 4: 42)

Any other question?
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Yes. The miracles done by Jesus were the will of God.

But the will of God is the will of his son Jesus...

See this...

" And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. "
(John 17: 10)

Take a look at this too..

" I and my Father are one. "
(John 10: 30)

Jesus and the father are one in will, purpose, and attribute... Why did you think The father did not deny any of his request?

Jesus said to Philip...

" Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou hen, Shew us the Father? "
(John 14: 9)

They are one....hence, their will are the same.

Nice post but;

According to your quotation of john 10:30. I and father are one. I have not come accross any verse where is says Jesus and God have the same attributes.

Jesus and God are one in purpose only.

please check the context of this verse.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

About Jesus being the saviour...

Look at this...

(John 4 )
------------
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Christ means saviour... Look at this...

" And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world."
(John 4: 42)

Any other question?

I taught you will shade to me more light on the verse i quoted Mathew 20:20, because Jesus christ with his lips told mother of zebeede he is not a saviour.

You quoted John 4:42. This verse is confirming that jesus christ has come to fulfill the law or the prophets.

e.g Mathew 5:17. Think not that i am come to destroy the law or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. The law is the 10 commandements.

I am always confused between Mathew 20:20 and the people who belive jesus christ will be their saviour on day of judgement.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:

I quoted mathew 20:20

I quoted the Bible.

You don't just quote a verse of the bible...

Read all connecting verses and draw your conclusion.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:

Nice post but;

According to your quotation of john 10:30. I and father are one. I have not come accross any verse where is says Jesus and God have the same attributes.

Jesus and God are one in purpose only.

please check the context of this verse.

That is according to your interpretation...

Not according to the scriptures...

Jesus takes the place of God in Judgement..

" For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: "
(John 5: 22)

Jesus said that himself... He said the father has comited the judgement to the son because he is the son of man...

Jesus gives life just as the father....

Jesus forgives sins just as the father

So, they are not one in purpose alone. ..they are one in all things..

Jesus said to Philip... If you have seen me, you have seen the father...

Jesus said that anyone who doesn't believe in him is condemned already....

Accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Am waiting for you....

You said Jesus did not Raise Lazarus from the dead..

Can you show me where you got that from?
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

That is according to your interpretation...

Not according to the scriptures...

Jesus takes the place of God in Judgement..

" For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: "
(John 5: 22)

Jesus said that himself... He said the father has comited the judgement to the son because he is the son of man...

Jesus gives life just as the father....

Jesus forgives sins just as the father

So, they are not one in purpose alone. ..they are one in all things..

Jesus said to Philip... If you have seen me, you have seen the father...

Jesus said that anyone who doesn't believe in him is condemned already....

Accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

Good post.
your quotation on John 5:22 is a true, but i have not come accross any quotation saying Jesus gives life and forgives sins, just like the father. I dont whether you added that to jesus or not.

John 5:22. what is the context of the verse?
please Read from john 5:22 to John 5:30. You will get clear picture of the verse.

John 5:30 is the context of John 5:22.

hope i have comminicated
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:

Good post.
your quotation on John 5:22 is a true, but i have not come accross any quotation saying Jesus gives life and forgives sins, just like the father. I dont whether you added that to jesus or not.

John 5:22. what is the context of the verse?
please Read from john 5:22 to John 5:30. You will get clear picture of the verse.

John 5:30 is the context of John 5:22.

hope i have comminicated

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it....John 5 vs 21.

(Mark 2 )
------------
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6 But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

Cleared?
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by nurulbayan: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it....John 5 vs 21.

(Mark 2 )
------------
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6 But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

Cleared?

I really respect the verses you give as reference.
but i assumed we pick few verses and discuss, instead of jumping from here to there.

The fact is is the context of the verse that matters.
e.g John 10:27 Jesus christ call his believers sheep. If you dont know the context, you will not know what sheep means.

please we should not mis - quote the Bible
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
nurulbayan:

I really respect the verses you give as reference.
but i assumed we pick few verses and discuss, instead of jumping from here to there.

The fact is is the context of the verse that matters.
e.g John 10:27 Jesus christ call his believers sheep. If you dont know the context, you will not know what sheep means.

please we should not mis - quote the Bible

Na wah for you oooo

You asked where it is written that Jesus forgives sin and where he gives life.

I responded and you are saying another thing?
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 5:19am On Dec 02, 2018
I hope you have seen that Jesus is the giver of life...

Jesus said....Come unto me all you that labour and are heavily laden, I will give you rest...

Jesus is life and the only way to the father...

He will not reject anyone that comes to him no matter what...

Come and associate yourself with the sacrifice he did for you...and your sins will be forgiven.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Jesus is the ressurection and the life.

Come to Jesus today.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 2:07am On Dec 04, 2018
Your sins remain without Jesus.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2018
No one can give you life except Jesus .

No religion leads to heaven accept through Jesus.
Re: The Death Of Lazarus: Jesus, The Giver Of Life by Originakalokalo(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
If you want eternal life, come to Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Not Stepped Into A Bank Since 1985-tunde Bakare / ECKANKAR View On Astral Projection (A Rebuttal) / We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.