Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (36190 Views)

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by ObservantFellow: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2018
Denikayan:

Hello Dude, was a message passed, I tap pads believing am communicating with a sane and tech chap. You can point out English flaws, it got you to where you stand.

What do you do for a living
A job that made me able to express myself fluently in public, at least.
I just fail to see how Technology is responsible for my adeptness at it or your seemingly lack of it.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Denikayan: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
ObservantFellow:

A job that made me able to express myself fluently in public, at least.
I just fail to see how Technology is responsible for my adeptness at it or your seemingly lack of it.

grin

I know your type. Keep picking out spellings on social media. You could become a Nobel laureate
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by hush15: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
18Ebiscoo:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has appealed to parents and students to be patient over its decision to reposition and save the country’s university system from total collapse.

ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Thursday.

DAILY POST recalls that the university lecturers had, embarked on strike, demanding for the implementation of the 2009 agreement it entered into with the Federal Government.

Ogunyemi said that the strike was not to short-change neither the students nor the parents and other key stakeholders but to save the country’s university system from collapse.

He said, “We want to call on our students and parents to show understanding with our struggle as we are in this together.

“The whole essence of this struggle is to ensure that our students get worthy and deserving certificates that they will be proud of anywhere they may find themselves in the world.

“The struggle is to ensure too that we save Nigerian universities from going the way our public primary and secondary schools have gone.

“Today, most parents are sending their children and wards to private primary and secondary schools around the country because of the perceived or alleged falling standards.

“We do not want our universities to go same way because a lot of our parents may not be able to afford the private university fees.

The National President also stated that there was an urgent need for both the Federal and State Governments to reconsider their approach towards the development of universities in the country, to avoid an outright collapse in the near future.

“The sad thing now is that the World Bank is giving funds to some private universities to thrive over public universities.

“Unless Nigerians rise to the occasion and join ASUU in putting pressure on both the Federal and State Governments to pay adequate attention to our universities, secondary and primary schools, we may be facing a total collapse of our educational sector.

However, he said that university students might be staying longer at home as no concrete resolution had been reached with the Federal Government so far.

‘’The representatives of the union met with the Federal Government on Monday, Nov. 26 but that the meeting ended in a deadlock.

“We met on Monday in order to reach an agreement on the key issues we are agitating for but nothing tangible came out of the meeting.

“Rather than come out with firm commitment on what to do about these demands, they were appealing to us to go back to the classrooms while they tackle the issues; and to us they have missed the point.

“We were told that the negotiation will continue on Friday, Nov. 30 but up till now, as we speak, I have not received any notice of meeting to that effect,’’ he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/11/29/strike-ASUU-tells-parents-students-what-to-do-as-strike-continues/

This is the same way nigerians must rise against this tyrannical government and their state executives. They are all fraud especially Lagos.
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by ObservantFellow: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2018
Denikayan:

grin

I know your type. Keep picking out spellings on social media. You could become a Nobel laureate

For the third time, you've failed to show the connection between the technology you kept harping on and everything you've tried to communicate across so far.
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by bluefilm: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
BOOMnaija:
I wish time can fly back...

All d energy wasted on years acquiring my B.Sc and M.Sc would av been rather channelled towards developing this lucreative business i'm presently into.

One of d greatest regrets of my life is wasting so many years acquiring useless formal education in nigeria under d aegis of shambolic destiny-destroying bodies like ASUU and co. Tufiakwa!

You're right, man!

Acquiring formal education in nigeria is a totally useless endeavor.

All thanks to the equally useless ASUU.

Nonsense. sad

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Denikayan: 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
ObservantFellow:

For the third time, you've failed to show the connection between the technology you kept harping on and everything you've tried to communicate across so far.

Take that as a job. It's an assignment.
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by enemyofprogress: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
Abeg continue Jare, school have tire me
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by casspersteve: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
Quality20:
They might call it off tomorrow after d meeting with d fg. But ASUU are bad guys o

So if they call it off they expect students to go back to school nii?
I don't understand
Coou will use quiz to bring student back

Attitudinal nonsense
*Spits*
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by seunlly(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
bigkahuna704:
No No Noooooooooooooooo
Jubrin Must Go!
it Jubril nor Jubrin.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by yarimo(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
Fierce11:
After wasting years because of ASUU strike, them go still say make you waste another year do NYSC.
Walahi, to be Nigerian na curse.
*spits.
please north Korea is available for you undecided
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Damsyjay:
This one is a fool oo..saying rubbish just for likes
Mention one thing that works in Nigeria?
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Casemiro(m): 1:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by EmmyCC: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2018
This is nonsense they only care about their interest
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Robjnr(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
RUBBISH
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Rtruth45(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2018
mk dem tell us hw many months now mk person knw wetin to do undecided
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by 22brains(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2019
IamKemical:

What group could that be. Need more clarity on the info.
na Illuminati be that oo.... i no dey join.
Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by 22brains(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2019
IamKemical:

What group could that be. Need more clarity on the info.
na illuminati group o. I no dey join abi na force?

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues by Tylerfitnesss: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Someone here might be needing this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian At Virginia State University Calls Cops For Noisy Roommates - Pictures / Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND / My US Visa Appointment In Lagos Was Canceled By The Consulate, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.